It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Second Quantum Radio Leak (to pre-vet images) - Anyone remember this?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

A guy going by the name Astroengineer posted that he had evidence of FTL comms with the Spirit rover.

Here's the full read.

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
How many people out there are monitoring Mars image transmissions and translating them themselves just to try to catch NASA hiding evidence of life on that barren space rock?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
It is patented! Just not available to the public. Thetes lots of groundbreaking stuff that is entirely secret, classified and in operational use.

Then how does an average Joe/Jane like yourself know about it?
edit on 28-8-2017 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

its all lies, duh.

but really if you just keep up on science and have a eye for such things, most of these wonder weapons(lol) are just natural progression of technologies that aren't that far out.

ohh and read allot of papers and stuff.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3
ohh and read allot of papers and stuff.

In the back of my conspiracy mind I sometimes believe that all that money Ronald Reagan spent on Star Wars was not completely wasted, and that the military actually does have satellites pretending to be communications or reconnaissance satellites when they're actually nuclear lasers that can blow pretty much anything (including UFOs) back to quantum dust.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Wired magazine had an article on how those Mars rovers have two antennae. One to send data to the Mars Odyssey or Mars Global Surveyor, the other is directly to Earth by microwave link. So there is a third way, by quantum radio.

www.wired.com...

"Even at the speed of light, it takes more than 10 minutes for a signal from Mars to arrive at Earth. Giant 230-foot-diameter satellite dishes with super-sensitive, low-noise electronics receive the signal."

Interesting idea of quantum communication. Using the Sun as a generator of entangled photons, somehow absorbing or polarizing one set of photons, would automatically affect others reaching an Earth station?

Even when firing off lasers to the Moon and waiting for the return signal, they only receive one in a billion photons.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

a reply to: DanteGaland

There is a method for an established laser connection to signal faster than light. The signal is already at both places at the same time if you understand certain tyoes of laser rigs that the military uses for non interceptable comms and radar locks.

Photons, yo.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

There is a method for an established laser connection to signal faster than light. The signal is already at both places at the same time if you understand certain tyoes of laser rigs that the military uses for non interceptable comms and radar locks.

Like tin cans and STRING...only the LIGHT is the string.

Meebee?

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Here is what I think about this whole story.

The author of this story said that somes details were changed/invented to protect theirs identities. My opinion is that the WHOLE story is invented as it would not be difficult at all to ID the two guys. However the story was probably to attract attention to real FTL experiment at JPL. The parts where it say it may be used to censor imaging upfront is ridiculous. Also I have doubt about a software project under Configuration Management using hidden (instead of secret) software modules.

On the possibility of FTL with quantum entanglement, I don't know but what I know is this field of research is progressing rapidly and the implication of such possibility are too importants to ignore.

For those that don't understand this concept of Spooky Action at a Distance of entangled particules, here is the best theory I have heard. I know many of you don't like technobabling, so will try to use common language.

Relativity (Einstein) describe frames of reference as related to the speed of something like an observer or a particule. We, I mean us, are all at low speed, so we are all in the same frame of reference. Each frame of reference have it's own "personal" rate of flow of time. It is like the flow of time adapt to make appear the speed of light C as constant for everyone in every frame of reference.

The higher the speed of a frame of reference (FoR), the slower the time flow for everything inside this frame of reference. At the speed of light, the time cease to exist completely. Something in this FoR have forever existed or never existed, all event coexist at once or maybe nothing ever happened. These concept are probably impossible to understand for our brain. Also nothing can possess a mass in this special FoR at the speed of light.

Now back at our entangled particules, being entangled make them act like a single system, sort of... When you act on one, there is a mysterious effect on the other that seem to act instantly, whatever the distance between them.

The explaination is that time, as we see it, is relevant only in our own FoR, but the particules are in a FoR were time does not exist, so for them it is not important the time it will take to reach a target, Mars or everything else, time does not exist, they already reached Mars at the same time we lauched them. That is why action seem immediate.

Basically, FTL, if possible, would be transferring information using a shortcut inside a FoR where time does not exist. But since information is not supposed to travel faster than speed of light, it predict this thing shall not be possible.

So basically, this theory does not make sense, but it is one of the best I heard. Now you understand the reason why we can tell that no one know really what is happening at the quantum level.
edit on 28-8-2017 by Cofactor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Box of Rain

A guy going by the name Astroengineer posted that he had evidence of FTL comms with the Spirit rover.

Here's the full read.

astroengineer.wordpress.com...

From what I understand of that read, two guys from JPL found something amiss with Spirits radio and soon discovered a FTL connection being made. It would download images and scramble them, re directing them back to nasa as the original DLs.

In otherwords, a supressed technology to supresse images from mars, most likely supression of artifacts.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

a reply to: intrptr

It is patented! Just not available to the public. Thetes lots of groundbreaking stuff that is entirely secret, classified and in operational use. As far as it being the invention of the century. Naaah thete are other inventions profoundly more groundbreaking.

Oh, then you are talking about Wunderwaffe (Miracle Weapons).

Wiki
The Sun gun looks very plausible and perhaps a better method then rods from gods.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift

It is patented! Just not available to the public. Thetes lots of groundbreaking stuff that is entirely secret, classified and in operational use.

Then how does an average Joe/Jane like yourself know about it?
Parallel thinking, eventually somebody else figures out another piece of the same puzzle. Humans are amazing.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

lasers are so 80's. now its all exotic particle beam weaponry(simplified explanation) But i would say you assumption is correct, you dont spend that kind of money and access to all the best labs and scientists and get nothing.

hudson valley and Belgium are good examples of where that money went. as well as some amazing aircraft propulsion, hypersonics and sub orbitals are fully operational and in use, i promise you that.

its funy that allot of people think somethings are alien and they are really just cutting edge technology or not so cutting edge.

I know im going to get flak but the triangles are here and have been here. I have personally had a VERY close encounter with a fighter sized one, from 50 feet max.

and it wasnt using a jet engine.

ill put it this way, america is good for anything anyone can throw at us. In a real WW3, all in type of war. it would be over in minutes. maybe a hour.

and i dont think that the US should release it to the public as there are to many people that would use it for awful things. the US is EASY 50-75 years ahead of what we can even imagine..not whats out there, but imagine.

we have left the rest of the world in the dust.

posted on Aug, 28 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

Photons, yo.

They go forwards and backwards in time simultaneously. There are rigs that exploit the backwards part.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: HorizonFall
a reply to: intrptr

Okay, then a better question is; What has led people to believe a FTL message was sent?

As near as I can tell, from page one (linked above), one engineer was stymied by an unresponsive rover, an hour where Spirit had received the order to move but had refused to move. Then supposedly he did a dump of memory to analyze what it was doing during this time and discovered some code that made calls to an unknown on board device, which they presume had to be another radio that wasn't known to them.

It reads kind of techy and only if you know anything about code and how that works can you begin to understand the gibberish.

I'd go into the multipages of that and show where the points are where presumptions are made about information (second hand from someone he calls "rich"), but I just got done doing that , I though it was boring and somewhat deceptive.

He himself admits...

I know just enough to impress people at cocktail parties while saying little so wrong as to incense an actual expert who might be listening.

I did agree with that.

God forgive, I'm debunking a quantum radio aboard Spirit on Mars.
Its gibberish alright. It seems all that blog from astroengineer is just an AI generated spam

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=22613817]penroc3

we have left the rest of the world in the dust.
we should be wary of underestimating the other side which has the tech to instantly freeze you wherever you are

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Hyperboles

like mr.freeze from batman? if they are all dead who will pull the trigger?

(post by dresses removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
How many people out there are monitoring Mars image transmissions and translating them themselves just to try to catch NASA hiding evidence of life on that barren space rock?

Zero. Astroengineer presumed the quantum transmissions were being sent to the DSN (Deep Space Network), radio buffs would have picked up on the separate stream of signals coming from Sprits HGA (Hi Gain Antenna), if thats even possible.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Trouble is, quantum entanglement is an illusion. Changing the state of one particle somewhere in the universe doesn't affect the state of another particle elsewhere, even if those particles are considered "entangled". Particles don't exist in a superposition of states that collapses into a certain state when we measure them. The universe wouldn't work if that were the case.

"Entangled" particles accuire their respective state from the beginning.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join