It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There Are No "Races"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
The only way to fight racism is to fight against the very concept of race. Sadly, people seem to not be able to get that through their thick little skulls and insist the solution to fixing this is the continual promotion of the concept of race by stubbornly insisting on trying to fix things along "racial" lines instead of combating the concept of race itself, the only true solution.

As if racism can ever be vanquished as long as we continue to give the concept authenticity. The second most of the world thinks anyone that believes in race is an idiot is the day racism ends.

So tell me, which one of these is rotten? Which is solid and incapable of change? Just from the look of them you cannot. Inside each is exactly the same until you find out what is inside, then you know.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: tonycodes

This is am interesting point but it has more to do with immigration than anything.

Beginning in 1964, it had a lot to do with racial quotas (later called diversity goals).
Even if race does not exist, racial hiring quotas did/do.
Here is an article showing how stupid it is....
Minority Report
It was written by a man that is a minority.

This excerpt shows just how stupid the practice is.

So long as government agencies continue to demand affirmative action as a condition of doing business with them we can expect to see situations like the Elizabeth Warren case. There are no statistics on how frequently these situations arise, but from anecdotal evidence they’re not uncommon. In 1988, the Boston Fire Department fired two firefighters for lying on their job applications, claiming to be African American. The two are identical twins — described as having red hair and fair complexions. They claimed that their mother had shown them an old picture of their grandmother and told them she was Black. The criteria for being classified as a minority was self-description, so having previously failed to pass the civil service exam they reapplied as minorities and were hired, despite getting low scores. The situation at the Boston Fire Department when they were hired was described as one where they needed to do something because they ran out of minorities on the list.

edit on b000000312017-08-25T10:52:08-05:0010America/ChicagoFri, 25 Aug 2017 10:52:08 -05001000000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Even if successful toward enlightening humanity that it is one race (everyone is able to breed with each other, so it's scientific..) - humanity will just find another way to divide itself. It's natural for species to war against itself, to keep itself in check and to create an apex upon which it can improve itself for the future.

Struggle is and will always be necessary to the human condition. It's how we improve life... even if we have to create it ourselves.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

my sister is scottish and red headed and of celtic origins
and she doesnt exude a substance that smells like fat , sure that girl didnt just have a medical condition ?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Myollinir

and even when we dont have real struggle to struggle against we create them out of thin air

as with the alien phenomenon

we blow up our planet with nukes , the aliens condemn us
we spray our foods and fill it with toxic chemicals the aliens condemn us
we lack a sense of spirituality and are not mature enough to join the galactic community the aliens condemn us

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

and what do you make of this current research

7.2 million year old pre human remains

removing the previously accepted theory "out of africa"

What I dont like is that many racists on either side use small details to state what makes them advantageous or disadvantageous over other races.

which died out thousands of years ago

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Amen, indeed!

This is the truth.

People have physical, cultural and religious differences too that people get bigoted against or for, but this has to do with our primitive brain wiring. We actively differentiate "us" (meaning those we categorize as "safe") versus "them" (those that are unknown and could be dangerous, or are known to be dangerous.).

ETA - An example. I've often heard of folks who are generally prejudiced against a particular group or "race" UNTIL THEY HAVE A PERSONAL FRIEND OR CONNECTION to someone in that group. This person is in the "safe" category and either considered "exceptional" or is the gateway to a redefinition of "the other" into "part of my tribe."

Primal fear drives prejudice. It is often unconscious.

I appreciate your reminder here that we are all one.

edit on 25-8-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

That was genuinely painful to read.

Taking an outlier from a group and using that to dismiss the pronounced AVERAGE characteristics of another group is ridiculous. Do you have any concept of how statistical distribution works?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   

You would frigging love count Kalergi.

Just curious, how do you feel about the Aborginals of Australia, same species? Or a subspecies, with their chromosomes and all that (SNIP) ?

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Oh i got another one!

So i have been doing some research on bears lately, and i have found out, that amazingly, almost all species of bear, can reproduce and create hybrids, that have more or less successful offspring, but does that mean there is only one species?

No it does not.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I think this is all going to simplify down to brain chemistry. My opinion is we all have some in-group biases. Some of us it's very obvious, in others it's unconscious but still observable.

I could post several links. This will take a few minutes. Some of these deserve a thread by themselves:
www.sciencedaily.com - Neurobiological cause of intergroup conflict: 'Bonding hormone' drives aggression towards competing out-groups...
www.wired.com - 'Cuddle Chemical' Also Fuels Favoritism, Bigotry...
www.medicaldaily.com - Racism is Innate: The Human Brain Makes Unconscious Decisions Based on Ethnicity...
arstechnica.com - There are no truly good men, according to cooperation study...
www.livescience.com - Friends Have More DNA in Common than Strangers...
blogs.discovermagazine.com - Lacking control drives false conclusions, conspiracy theories and superstitions...
news.harvard.edu - Yale professor examines unconscious biases by whites...

This is good reading, it shows a connection between belief in god and prejudice towards immigrants. In the study they reduced activity in the posterior medial frontal cortex:
www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov - Human medial frontal cortex activity predicts learning from errors...

Reducing activity in the above brain region decreased belief in god and prejudice towards immigrants (esp. critical of your country):
www.psypost.org - Scientists reduce belief in God by shutting down the brain’s medial frontal cortex...

The findings, published in the journal Social Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience, reveal that people in whom the targeted brain region was temporarily shut down reported 32.8% less belief in God, angels, or heaven. They were also 28.5% more positive in their feelings toward an immigrant who criticised their country.

This is hte original study:
scan.oxfordjournals.org - Neuromodulation of group prejudice and religious belief...

Oxytocin, or other brain chemistry, is making us favor our group over others. Second, our ever complex world makes some people feel in less control, so they create irrational explanations to feel in control--creating instability. Thirdly, a part of our brain deals with problem detection and adaption isn't suited for the modern world's diversity. Fourth, selfishness--at least in men--makes it harder for us to cooperate for the benefit of all. Last, much of racism is now unconscious. The result of all this is there're still many obstacles to multicultural society, to say nothing of other challenges facing us.
edit on 8/25/2017 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: jonnywhite

Stranger danger,
dude
stranger danger.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hecate666
OK, lets not use the word race then. However we need a word to describe obvious differences in people due to genetic expression.
Using dogs again. Lets agree a Great Dane and a Chihuahua are just that, dogs. Then you must either be blind or so confused by PC to say that they are 'the same'.

They are not the same, even if they are just dogs.

They will differ in character like cheese and chalk, they will differ in heredetary illnesses, behaviour and intelligence [Chihuahuas being obviously cleverer than GD - I have seen it in action].

Not only that. Chihuahuas are also known as 'cat dogs' because they won't smell of dog, they lack a certain gland for that.

Some difference in looks has also an effect on behaviour. I have noted that in my many guinea pigs. The peruvian [either long or short haired] are by far the cleverest.

Eye colour in cats can have a direct influence on hearing [congenital]:
en.wikipedia.org...

There are dogs 'looks' that somehow make certain dogs highly intelligent and others that make them obstinate and stubborn.
dogtime.com...

Pure breeds also suffer from congenital disorders, every breed has certain illnesses linked to their breed:
www.thedogplace.org...

So dogs are not just dogs. They are pretty different from each other.

We should also forget 'race' in humans too, instead we should use the word 'breed'. There can't be any doubt that what is true in other mammals with a variation of breeds, must also be true in humans, unless we are somehow very special mammals and not of natural origin. This is sad for the 'we are all the same' brigade but it is absolutely natural and unavoidable.

So why not celebrate our differences, instead of telling us a square is round? What is that going to achieve apart from dissonance and confusion?

I love our differences, please keep them.

Well seeing as humans are animals we could use proper biological terms instead of race such as polymorphic variety or form. They use those to describe animal populations that are less distinct than subspecies but still have noticable differing characteristics.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: tonycodes
There are no human races. We are all the same species. There is only one race.
Do dogs have races? NO.
If a Dalmatian and a Husky have relations then you probably get an amazingly unique dog, but its not a different race of dog.  Its just another dog.

I am posting this here bc its almost like you have to be mentally ill to be a racist. And unfortunately I have to post this clarification here in the medical forums so people can know that this isn't a conspiracy THEORY.
ITS A FACT. 
The only real conspiracy is who the hell made us all beleive we are different races and coined the phrase racism and racist. The whole "races" way of thinking is based on dividing society.. Which is a different post altogether. lol

ANYWAY, This fact makes racism simply ones excuse to hurt other humans. Racists don't have an actual logical train of thought to hang their # on BC if theres only one race then every racist has to also hate themselves. I haven't seen that happen yet.

So I say, let's use logic to at least try to save another generation from having the "races" excuse to hurt others.  Stop referring to other humans as another race and if you hear someone do it or see it on TV, reach out and correct that person.

The word racist should be re-thought.  We should be calling these people whatever medical term works for a person that yearns for a reason to hurt others.  Not giving them power by recognizing multiple races exist when there is only one race.

JUST TO CLARIFY.
THERE ARE NO RACES.
THERES ONLY 1 HUMAN SPECIES.
WE ONLY HAVE PHYSICAL DIFFERENCES BC OF SUN RAYS AND CLIMATE.
THERES NO EXCUSE TO HURT OTHERS.
AMEN

Yes there are. It's a "medical conspiracy."

It's about what's inside the image of a biological human showing tribes/races are not the same, the DNA. It is called junk or noncoded DNA.

It's about people like Dr. Eric Pearl who has 3 stranded DNA.

It's about the RNA purposely attacking DNA and causing mutations.RNA acts as a messenger between DNA and the protein synthesis complexes known as ribosomes. Both DNA and RNA starts synthesis in the 5'-3' direction. However, no primer is needed for RNA. In addition, RNA polymerase lacks the ability to detect errors of base pairing, a trait that DNA polymerase is capable of doing.

en.m.wikibooks.org...

Then there's this, "True to their own evolutionary thinking, some scientists have speculated that there was a precursor to the RNA molecule, a chemical transitional species, if you will. Ideally, this molecule would have been simpler than the RNA molecule, and therefore easier to synthesize in an early-Earth environment. Yet it would have many of the characteristics of genetic material, such as nucleotide base pairing and a three-dimensional structure with functional activity. "

evolutionnews.org...

It's about gene mutations that occur after birth. Most gene mutations occur after you're born and aren't inherited. A number of forces can cause gene mutations, such as smoking, radiation, viruses, cancer-causing chemicals (carcinogens), obesity, hormones, chronic inflammation and a lack of exercise.

www.mayoclinic.org...

It's about a DNA virus which is a virus that has DNA as its genetic material and replicates using a DNA-dependent DNA polymerase. The nucleic acid is usually double-stranded DNA.

It's about being dumbed down in "human form imigaging" and not caring if jelly was added to the pb & j sandwich or even peanut butter for that matter, looking at the bread of all various types when nothing is inside it and calling it a sandwich,
It's 2 slices of rye bread or wheat bread or white bread , or being given a mustard and lettuce sandwich and calling that a pb & j. “Secrecy has long been a part of scientific and innovation practices. For instance, research on nuclear, biological or chemical weapons is often conducted in secret. In his excellent book on Secrecy and Science, Brian Balmer describes how the Manhattan Project epitomised the way in which scientific secrecy operates, explaining how specific sites were kept secret, but also how projects were compartmentalised, so that knowledge was exchanged only on a ‘need-to-know’ basis, meaning that only a very few people had any real understanding of the programme as a whole. In other words, attempts to maintain secrecy often go hand-in-hand with imperatives of efficiency, security, bureaucracy and control…

Such a second world might be quite appealing to some researchers, representing a space in which they could run wild with their ideas without the worry of public ears overhearing. Synthetic biologists, for the most part, expect that the public is going to be scared of developments in the field, leading to what has been termed ‘synbiophobia phobia’ – the fear that the public will fear their work. This could well be at the root of the decision to hold the meeting in private, as the organisers had likely anticipated public fear at the potential of creating a human genome from scratch."

imageofbeast.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: MarioOnTheFly

Still trying to figure it out.

Makes me think of a racially, phenotypically homogenized species that exists within an AI assisted hive mind, where freedom and autonomy no longer exist.

Right?

🎻 Tiniest violin.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Dude are you sure? Im pretty sure i watched the Indianapolis 500 this year. Races exist

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Excellent post. S&F for you.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
Dude are you sure? Im pretty sure i watched the Indianapolis 500 this year. Races exist

Oh you.*waves coyly*

Op means that as far as the Species known as Homo sapiens. SUre we have varying things and slight genetic differences but at base there is currently only One human race,but with alot of EThnicities/breeds.

That also satisfies the morons who think we have different races and are still able to make hybrids between them. The only way hybridization works is they have to be of the same type of animal. Liek a lion crossing with a tiger to get a liger. BOTH are large cats.

Its not like in Star trek where a human can screw a king on and get a half breed.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarioOnTheFly

I'm a racist.

I believe there are races. Some things we share, while we differ in certain traits. We are of the same species...human.

Thats ETHNICITY.

posted on Aug, 25 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
The Headline of this thread is all we need.

There are no races. We're all Human. Some of us are bigger or smaller or different skin tone or hair color or eye color etc etc. but we're all Human.

The only real thing that makes us different is our family and community. We may have some different habits, customs, language etc. But that's it.

Anyone who's worked in a diverse environment, say like a big call center, for one example, will see this. We're all the same.

Even Republicans and Democrats all of us, we all want the same thing. We all want some level of security, enough food, shelter, hope for the future, some kind of relationship, a sense of belonging to something, and the feeling that we're progressing in life in some way, peace of mind and to have a laugh once in a while and get the stress out of our lives.

We can argue about ethnicity and race and the scientific data, terms and research but none of that matters.

edit on 25-8-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join