It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Is Very Wrong On This.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It's not what you might have thought I was going to post.

His lumber tariffs he imposed on Canada, which was very bad for them, but now look who is benefiting.....Russia.
Yeah way to slam your closest trading ally and give the trade to Russia, stupid move Trump.

Russia has emerged as one of the winners from the trade dispute between Canada and the U.S over lumber.The U.S. is importing more softwood lumber from overseas after it slapped tariffs on Canadian supplies, making them more expensive. Russian shipments are 42 per cent higher so far in 2017, according to U.S. government data.

the Trump administration set countervailing duties of up to 24 per cent on Canadian imports. Additional duties of as much as 7.7 per cent followed in June.

Russian lumber industry benefiting from Canada-U.S. trade dispute

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Are you surprised that Trump did something that benefited Russia?

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Whew! For a minute, I thought this thread would contain a list of everything Trump's been wrong about.

We don't have that much time.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Nice try. This is from the source, looks like Russia is small potatoes and is along for the ride.

To be sure, Russia accounts for a relatively small proportion of the total, while European countries such as Germany and Sweden are among the biggest suppliers to the U.S. But the shift in volumes illustrate how a political spat has quickly altered the flow of international trade.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I support Trump when I think he is right, but I will also criticize him when I know he is wrong.

He isn't always 100% right and he flip flops around, I just saw an old tweet of his saying Ron Paul is right we are wasting money in Afghanistan, and look what just happened.

I agree with him when he says there are good and bad people on both sides right/left and the media spins it that only the Alt-right had all the bad people, and everybody on the alt-left were holy saints.

We need more common sense and less cognitive dissonance from both sides right now...and Trump supporters need to call him out on bad calls; and Democrat's need to stop the scorched earth politics it's hurting the American people.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

It sounds like Trudeau sucks at negotiating. That is what Trump is all about. He said he would renegotiate our trade deals and now people are complaining that he is doing it? That is one of the reasons he won the Presidency.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
How about a purposeful decision between the Trump and Putin administrations. I would not be surprised at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Yuh beat me to it! what do you think...a percentage?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
Whew! For a minute, I thought this thread would contain a list of everything Trump's been wrong about.

List them. Seriously...list everything Trump has been "wrong" about. Let's see the long list.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

I doubt it-from the story.

To be sure, Russia accounts for a relatively small proportion of the total, while European countries such as Germany and Sweden are among the biggest suppliers to the U.S. But the shift in volumes illustrate how a political spat has quickly altered the flow of international trade.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: smurfy

I doubt it-from the story.

That's twice you put that in....it's all relative BTW.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

edit on 24-8-2017 by eisegesis because: nevermind

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
" To be sure, Russia accounts for a relatively small proportion of the total, while European countries such as Germany and Sweden are among the biggest suppliers to the U.S. But the shift in volumes illustrate how a political spat has quickly altered the flow of international trade. "

Everyone needs $$ Op. What's the big deal?

Maybe not being such a bigot towards Russia and be open minded to foreign countries, but I was expecting to read that he slaughtered a bunch South Americans and stole all trees in rainforests.
edit on 24-8-2017 by Iostsheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

WW, I think they've got him over a barrel.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Regardless, isn't the tariff supposed to increase internal production? Why hurt the Canadians to help the Europeans? How does that benefit the US?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Outlier13

originally posted by: Dudemo5

List them. Seriously...list everything Trump has been "wrong" about. Let's see the long list.

You list it, son. You sound like you gotz some serious time on ya hands, lickemo stickemo jones.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

WW, I think they've got him over a barrel.

I guess those sanctions are him pandering and doing russians bidding to right?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I am not sure if you can use the tariff in the same way for natural resources as say durable goods.

Can't say if US production can go up.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This was a big deal back home in Maine. Are these the same tarifs being discussed before Trump took office?

bangordailynews.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The softwood lumber dispute between Canada and the US has been occurring since the early 80's.

Softwood Lumber Dispute
edit on 24-8-2017 by TheTory because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join