It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Charlottesville Panel goes TERRIBLY wrong

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Yeah, WHOOPS!
Somebody is out a job.
Pre-screen always to get the results you want.
This isn't news, it's opinion making.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The person who ran his car into the crowd should be put in prison. If it is found that anyone else edged him on to do that, they should be put into prison, but those persons need to be proven to be personally involved. There are nuts out there, that guy who ran his car into the crowd could have just been working on his own.

Both sides are at fault, the people who were there to bash the marchers are not fully innocent, it takes two to tangle.

I think Trump's initial remarks were adequate, and him coming back later after talking to the people investigating it are adequate too. We can't have a president slamming a group if the facts are not all known. The driver of that car could have been fired up by a group not even related to the Nazi's or White Supremicists, till the information coming in could directly relate him to the group, the president could not condemn them. Evidently they found evidence he was not a loner and had relations to one of those groups.

I have not seen a president before come out right away before all the facts were in and condemn a group, is Trump supposed to not follow policy with that? His initial comments were adequate. His follow up was adequate. We cannot let one side in a conflict take over our country, that is not the way things are supposed to work.

I saw many different videos and both sides in those videos were causing civil unrest, the black woman is correct. Sure, there were probably some riled up batches of people in that parade, but the march also had regular people in it protesting their monuments being removed, it was not all Nazi's and White Supremicists. The ones looking on were both radical left and groups like Antifa and also regular people who choose to not agree with the two nazi and Supremicist groups. So some of the people watching supported the march, some were troublesome protestors, and some of them were just people peacefully protesting. The guy who mowed down the protestors was wrong and is disturbed and needs to go to prison for a hideous crime. He should not ever be released.

I don't care for the White Supremicist and Nazi attitudes, but they have a right to peacefully protest and do marches. I would not hang around with any in those groups nor would I support the Black lives matter or antifa groups. I believe in pieceful protest, not violence.

+15 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: redtic
Fake news. These are Trump supporters - they brought them on to have a debate. Good for CNN for bringing the other side on to present their case. Not exactly sure how this went "terribly wrong" - I think it went exactly how CNN anticipated.

What a huge fail

If by "exactly how they anticipated" you mean, come on to completely destroy their own narrative and expose their extreme bias?

Then sure.

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
That's not to say they weren't ready to use them. There were plenty of people on the UTR side interested about what conditions would allow them to legally shoot someone in Virginia.

Really? I travel quite a bit and always research the gun laws for the place that I am going to. That's called BEING RESPONSIBLE.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
That's not to say they weren't ready to use them. There were plenty of people on the UTR side interested about what conditions would allow them to legally shoot someone in Virginia.

Really? I travel quite a bit and always research the gun laws for the place that I am going to. That's called BEING RESPONSIBLE.

Amen.
Knowing the law beforehand is a good way to prevent breaking it.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
these people are just as deluded as trump, these kinds of supporters will never admit that they made a mistake by voting and believing in that guy.

tell me this if trumps saying there are 2 bad sides is such a proper thing to say then why did he completely omit that rhetoric in his last campaign style speech? is he cow towing to the media now? i thought trump stands up to the media and tells it like it is?

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow. It felt like the panel was being cross examined. That wasn't interviewing, that was interrogating.
edit on 8/24/17 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Fake news. These are Trump supporters - they brought them on to have a debate. Good for CNN for bringing the other side on to present their case. Not exactly sure how this went "terribly wrong" - I think it went exactly how CNN anticipated.

What a huge fail

If by "exactly how they anticipated" you mean, come on to completely destroy their own narrative and expose their extreme bias?

Then sure.

So you seriously thought they brought on known Trump supporters and didn't think they were going to support Trump? OK.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: conspiracy nut
these people are just as deluded as trump, these kinds of supporters will never admit that they made a mistake by voting and believing in that guy.

tell me this if trumps saying there are 2 bad sides is such a proper thing to say then why did he completely omit that rhetoric in his last campaign style speech? is he cow towing to the media now? i thought trump stands up to the media and tells it like it is?

i remember during the election when he kept saying obama and the main stream media would incorrectly label wahhabi terrorists as islamic terrorists, yet he wouldn't label white supremacists and neo-nazis as the perpetrators.
his fan base surprisingly love it however.

+21 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

What a huge fail

Then sure.

So you seriously thought they brought on known Trump supporters and didn't think they were going to support Trump? OK.

I'm sorry, I must have missed it, but who were the Trump supporters? Or is that just your projection because anyone disagreeing with the media must be a racist neo Nazi Trump supporter?

Fail again

edit on 24-8-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
Yeah, WHOOPS!
Somebody is out a job.
Pre-screen always to get the results you want.
This isn't news, it's opinion making.

Did you not see the big "TRUMP SUPPORTERS RESPOND" at the bottom of the screen.

Do you actually think they didn't know what the answers were going to be?

This was to show the American public how delusional Trump supporters are.

Of course it is supported here on ATS...be ATS isn't actually a representation of normal Americans.

I think it is funny that you guys think CNN messed up on this.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   

What a huge fail

Then sure.

I'm sorry, I must have missed it, but who were the Trump supporters? Or is that just your projection because anyone disagreeing with the media must be a racist neo Nazi Trump supporter?

Fail again

Did you even watch the video?

You know, the one with the big title at the bottom that says "Trump Supporters Respond"???

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

not sure about that, but it was refreshing to see that not everyone is an idiot drone who follows the "prime directive".
I applaud the panel and if CNN did more of this and actually listened to those people, they might learn just how out of touch they are, and the left in general is to the public.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   
That video was...

AMAZING!!

Terrible thread, but thank you for sharing.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   

What a huge fail

Then sure.

Fail again

LOL - you either have really poor observational skills or are just responding emotionally because you blindly believed what the OP said.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Black_Fox
CNN apparently didn't screen this panel to suit their views.

Hats off to the panel for answering intelligently.

Outstanding.......

There was violence on both sides of WWII?

Priceless "journalism"

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Black_Fox

Nice find--very level-headed people, even with the talking head trying to lead them into saying something different.

I'm sure that some on ATS will see them all as neo-Nazi apologists, though.

edit on 24-8-2017 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
How did this feed not get cut??

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't watch CNN any more, but thanks for sharing, that was classic backfire awesomeness.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyeddie68
a reply to: Black_Fox
You gotta remember,almost all news stations today have some kind of agenda or message they are trying to push into our heads.

I honestly believe they are trying to divide us to a point were violence happens so they can say,"see what the current POTUS has caused."

No matter who the President is,I respect that person as my President.They were some I didn't care for,but they were still my President.

Thank you for being a true American. My views exactly, POTUS is POTUS!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join