It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox Dominates Cable

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Well they DO have the best football coverage.

Is Fox the only major outlet? If so they are crushed by CNN and MSNBC cumulatively.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: xuenchen

Here you go.

Friday, August 22nd 2014:

Total day: FNC: 256 | MSNBC: 103 | CNN: 179 | HLN: 76
Primetime: FNC: 283 | MSNBC: 130 | CNN: 226 | HLN: 105

Friday, August 22nd 2017:

Total day: FNC: 420 | CNN: 303 | MSNBC: 288 | HLN: 82
Primetime: FNC: 777 | CNN: 499 | MSNBC: 631 | HLN: 98

Before Trump: 41.69%
After Trump: 27.75%

DOH?

For the 2014 figures:

Fox total day percentage: 41.69
Fox Primetime percentage: 38.03

For the 2017 figures:

Fox total day percentage: 38.42
Fox Primetime percentage: 38.75

Your math is wrong, I'm assuming it was an accident(and not your bias) since you actually provided the figures for anyone to check.

Still, I could just look at the numbers and see that 27.75 wasn't even close. So I decided to check them(3 times), bear in mind I could care less about this topic or the message. But lets at least not let good math be thrown out with the rest of ATS.
edit on 24-8-2017 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

If it weren't for shows like The Simpsons, Married With Children and In Living Color...Fox would have lost market...

Sadly Fox is not as experimental as it used to be. Now it is a right wing think tank.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

Is Fox the only major outlet? If so they are crushed by CNN and MSNBC cumulatively.

I beg to differ. I can't stand Fox's football coverage. Too quiet. CBS mics up the crowd so you can hear the roar and excitement of the home crowd.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: intrepid

I beg to differ. I can't stand Fox's football coverage. Too quiet. CBS mics up the crowd so you can hear the roar and excitement of the home crowd.

Don't let Howie hear that. You'll be in for a beating.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   
She must owe her success to the day she got Trump's tax return.

haha
edit on 24-8-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So, this would seem to indicate that the right are by far the biggest sheeple and are clinging to their fake news MSM. Congrats.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: redtic

So, this would seem to indicate that the right are by far the biggest sheeple and are clinging to their fake news MSM. Congrats.

Well not really.

If you actually knew anything about the media, you would know the Big3+1 Networks have around 20x the viewing population compared to cable.

And we all know who watches the Big3+1 don't we.

here's some old info

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: redtic

Well not really.

If you actually knew anything about the media, you would know the Big3+1 Networks have around 20x the viewing population compared to cable.

And we all know who watches the Big3+1 don't we.

here's some old info

The Big3+1 that is about 4% news and 96% reality, talk show, soap, sitcom, drama crap? I'm fairly certain your OP was about news channels, so how are your outdated stats relevant?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: theantediluvian

Also as we all know Fox caters to the other side. Would they be polarized without the divisive media?

I wonder where and how bad this presidency would truly be without the extreme bias. A little bias, sure. That's human nature. I don't think it would be a wild success but would there be healthy progress?

That's a much more complicated question than it looks like at first blush. Trump has used his adversarial relationship with the media to great effect. Would Trump have even gotten elected without it? It's a big chunk of his presumed "anti-establishment" cred. He uses it to dismiss even factual reporting that is critical of him. GOP voters have been fed the "liberal MSM" narrative for decades. The more anyone who isn't Fox News is critical of him, the more a lot of them actually seem to support him.

Would the left-leaning media outlets be as "anti-Trump" if Trump wasn't as "anti-media?" (it should be noted that Trump is a product of the media and will take bad press over no press)

How much of the media criticism is justified? Did the media make him controversial or did being controversial make the media gravitate to him? (I'd say it's the latter)

There's a lot of factors to consider but do I think it's necessarily holding him back? Not at all. Did the right-leaning media's non-stop criticism of Obama keep him from doing anything? Was the right-leaning media responsible for the thousands of Tea Party protests that started a month after he was first inaugurated? Was the right-leaning media less critical of Obama than the left-leaning media is critical of Trump, really?

Trump supporters want to see an evil agenda by a shadowy conspiracy of Illuminati like oligarchs led by George Soros. What I see is an emerging pattern in the age of 24hr cable news, the Internet and now social media. I don't think there's a need for an agenda to explain polarization at all. I think this is probably the way things will be now until the public gets disgusted with itself. If polarization becomes unpopular, outlets will become less polarizing. That's my take on it.

Meanwhile, Trump could stop shooting himself in the foot Twitter. He could stop doing a lot of things that give the left-leaning media something to talk about. But does he really want to?

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Fox has experienced a resurgence in ratings and is slaughtering the competition.

Only Rachel Maddow tops them in her time slot.

Hannity by far the new leader !!

Scoreboard: Tuesday, August 22

25-54 demographic (Live +SD)

Total day: FNC: 420 | CNN: 303 | MSNBC: 288 | HLN: 82
Primetime: FNC: 777 | CNN: 499 | MSNBC: 631 | HLN: 98

Foxnews Sucks as bad as CNN when it comes to agenda and propaganda. I'm not sure why you see this as a good thing?

CNN/MSNBC purpose is to ignite racism and sexism to keep the people fighting among themselves.

FOXNEWS purpose is to use fear tactics to coerce Americans to give up their privacy in return for protection , get Americans willing to give their taxes in support of America as the World police, and to brainwash Americans to ignore the fact that Corporations design the wasteful and inefficient govt processes.

edit on 06831America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 11:06:30 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

You're right. I think I must have added a number twice when I was totaling the 2017 numbers or maybe grabbed one out of the wrong row (prime time instead of total day). It was pretty late. My fault. Thanks for the correction.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So what you are saying is that Fox News lost to Rachel Maddow?

Rachel Maddow is like watching an SNL skit. I'll catch her now and then, and it becomes a laugh fest as we watch and listen to her pretzel contortion act. Then I have to switch channels, my sides are splitting so hard.

But, I can see why some people love the entertainment. It's just too funny.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: JinMI

It's a complete farce that "the media wants to get rid of Trump." Their viewership has skyrocketed. They love Trump.

Why would they want this gold rush to end?

The gold rush is to attack every which way they can. Its all part of the "if it bleeds it reads" mentality. Add in both CNN and MSNBC who are both extremely bias against the right, have always been that way, and it is a perfect situation for them. Would CNN have ran 93% of its news as negative Obama? Obama had a lot of things that they could have done this on, but it didn't fit their core narratives.

They have even come out and said Trump has been the best thing for them. I'm sure this is why Trump has stated that these news networks care little for america and it is all about the ratings no matter what harm they cause.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

FOXNEWS purpose is to use fear tactics to coerce Americans to give up their privacy in return for protection , get Americans willing to give their taxes in support of America as the World police, and to brainwash Americans to ignore the fact that Corporations design the wasteful and inefficient govt processes.

Are you sure you're watching FOX?

Most FOX pundits aren't happy about the encroachment on our privacy rights, especially how Obama used the intelligence agencies to spy on Americans during the 2016 campaign.

Most FOX pundits are against policing the world with our tax dollars. Especially now, Trump and his supporters want to see more of the world pay their own way regarding defense and security issues. This has been highlighted lots of times.

FOX has exposed the waste and inefficiency in government highlighting waste, fraud, and abuse and the crony capitalism that prevailed, especially during Obama's administration, although previous administrations were just as bad. (Solyndra? anybody?)

edit on 24-8-2017 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And yet so many people on here claimed the tax return segment was the end of her. That segment catapulted her to the top of the ratings and she hasn't come down since. Clearly a lot of people saw something they liked in that segment and decided to keep coming back.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: redtic

The Big3+1 has the most news viewers.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Most FOX pundits aren't happy about the encroachment on our privacy rights, especially how Obama used the intelligence agencies to spy on Americans during the 2016 campaign.

Yeah until its time to pass a bill or its against their own party . Like they did with Bush to pass the bailouts and the patriot act.
Then you had Foxnews up their telling conservatives why its good to use tax payer handouts to bailout private companies. Same with the patriot act.

They also pitch how the answer to everything is spending more on the MIC.

Most FOX pundits are against policing the world with our tax dollars. Especially now, Trump and his supporters want to see more of the world pay their own way regarding defense and security issues. This has been highlighted lots of times.

Like the GOP their actions don't match the sales pitch, same goes for the DNC. Trump is listening to the McCain warmongers of the worlds and they are sending more troops and Spending more on the MIC.

FOX has exposed the waste and inefficiency in government highlighting waste, fraud, and abuse and the crony capitalism that prevailed,

What they leave out is that Corporations in the private sector were the ones that designed those policies that allowed for waste, fraud, and abuse and the crony capitalism to strive.

Like Obamacare. Obamacare doesn't suck because of gov't waste, fraud, and abuse and the crony capitalism . It sucks because Private Sector Insurance corporations drafted Obamacare and our congress robosign it, then our gov;t follows the law.

The gov't is typically inefficient and wasteful because they are following the laws drafted by the private sector.

Foxnews also pulled the original MSM and HIllary clinton bomboozle scam.

Hillary clinton worked with the DNC, CNN and MSNBC to trick the public into selecting her. FOxnews and the GOP out did her years before ,when did the same thing to Ron Paul.
edit on 42831America/ChicagoThu, 24 Aug 2017 11:42:23 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords

So what you are saying is that Fox News lost to Rachel Maddow?

Rachel Maddow is like watching an SNL skit. I'll catch her now and then, and it becomes a laugh fest as we watch and listen to her pretzel contortion act. Then I have to switch channels, my sides are splitting so hard.

But, I can see why some people love the entertainment. It's just too funny.

Kind of like watching Fox News. I spend the whole time rolling my eyes at their hyperbole.

posted on Aug, 24 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: Krazysh0t

And yet so many people on here claimed the tax return segment was the end of her. That segment catapulted her to the top of the ratings and she hasn't come down since. Clearly a lot of people saw something they liked in that segment and decided to keep coming back.

I'm pretty sure it's just the whole Russian thing altogether. Fox News tries to avoid the Russia narrative as much as possible, and contrary to what Trump tells the nation, the people DO want to hear about it and DO think it is important to discuss and investigate. That is my going theory on why Fox News has been playing second fiddle to MSNBC and Rachel Maddow.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join