It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosive device tossed, detonates near Missouri patrol car

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Not much more information here yet, but if more comes along, I will try to keep it updated. If any ATS members are in the area, please feel free to post details as that come out locally.

Link to Full Story: Explosive device tossed, detonates near Missouri patrol car

RAYMORE, Mo. – Authorities are investigating whether police were targeted when someone tossed an explosive device at a patrol car along a Missouri highway.

No one was injured Thursday when the device detonated on the pavement behind a westbound police patrol vehicle along Missouri 58 in Raymore, a Kansas City suburb. Investigators say the device was thrown from an eastbound vehicle.

edit on 8/18/2017 by Krakatoa because: spelling

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

So is this like pipe bomb type device or like a firecracker M80 type device they're going to conflate into something that was being used in an attempt to blow up a cop car? I always have to wonder the way reporting is done these days...

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

So is this like pipe bomb type device or like a firecracker M80 type device they're going to conflate into something that was being used in an attempt to blow up a cop car? I always have to wonder the way reporting is done these days...

It mentions it seems to have been "homemade", so it could range from a pipe bomb to a plastic bottle with water and dry ice.

That's why I put out the call to local ATS members to provide more detail. I trust those sources a heck of a lot more than the MSM these days.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Exactly. We used to make our own cherry bombs back in the 70's. Do a number on a small mailbox but not much more. Fear mongering imo.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Damn, I used to throw apples at cop cars nut never anything that would explode.
The times sure have changed.

Hopefully it's just firecrackers.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

I am thankful no-one was injured..

Where have we ended up as a nation?when people lobbing ied's out of car Windows at random patrol cars is a reality..

I think our society as a whole needs to take a step back ,count to ten and do some slow breathing. The way things are escalating, the only real losers are us, the rational middle who are being torn in half by the vocal minority ON BOTH sides..

Again, I'm just thankful no-one was injured..

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

I've been urging friends to act and speak out of thought and not emotion. It's not working.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Damn, I used to throw apples at cop cars nut never anything that would explode.
The times sure have changed.

Hopefully it's just firecrackers.

That's rather odd, although even to this day I like to throw rocks at the circus train when it comes through town. But then of course..........Barnum & Bailey went out of business.

Damn!

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Hmm looks to me like a test run or just kids throwing a M80.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Thanks for posting.

I am always a bit weary when the headlines are this indistinct. "Explosive device" - it sort of sounds like media speak for "firecracker", does it not?

(Firecracker just does not have the same headline appeal!)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

I hear what your saying ,other posters have posted the same concerns.

But it is August.. I'm sure the window was down..it would still be very dangerous even if it was a firecracker..I can imagine my reaction to hearing a gunshot go off right outside my window..would I jerk the wheel unconsciously in reaction? How dangerous is it to jerk the wheel doing 65?

I admit these are what if's, thankfully it detonated behind the vehicle not next to it..I'm just explaining my reasoning in thinking this could have gone horribly wrong..

And I am thankful it didn't..

That is why I can understand where your coming from with the media hype. But I disagree in playing this down as just a firecracker.. The article mentioned it was home made device.. that is the definition of an I.E.D.. it doesn't have to be lethal to be considered such.

Respectfully,
~meathead

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Fireworks? Sounds like fireworks.

join