It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Couple Dies in Double Euthanasia After 65 Years of Marriage

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Did you know that saying there's something in the bible when there isn't, is called lying?

You have your special little rants about how your god says it's wrong, but it's only your opinion. And an opinion you can't back up with your special book.

Also, euthanasia isn't murder if it's consensual. So bang goes that argument.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: silo13

originally posted by: testingtesting

It is morally right to ease people's suffering.

Murder will never be 'moral' in the eyes of God.

Done here.

Anyone else?

Peace

Yet your god does it and it's perfectly fine.

Your gods a bit of a hypocrite.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

Don't worry my holy book says it is okay and our choice.
We all get the bananas.

posted on Aug, 15 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

a reply to: TerryDon79

Don't worry my holy book says it is okay and our choice.
We all get the bananas.

I'm going to have to get a copy of your book. It sounds more interesting than the dribble......sorry......bible.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313
people should have the right to end their own lives in a manner of their choosing... nothing wrong with it.

Should there be an age restriction? Mental evaluation?

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

No age restrictions just a mental health test to see if they understand why they want to die.
Heck I bet in 10 years they will bring in a maximum age like loans run.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

You didn't really provide me with any scriptures to reference. So kinda like gay being a sin, I really think that personally I will let God settle this and allow people the freedom to choose to do so if they wish. I mean sure I may say hey is that a good idea? But if they are suffering I truly cannot tell them no if you do you will go to hell cause there is little proof or evidence that they will scripturally...

edit on pmbAmerica/ChicagovAmerica/ChicagoWed, 16 Aug 2017 16:27:30 -0500pm4America/Chicago by abeverage because: corrections

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

You didn't really provide me with any scriptures to reference. So kinda like gay being a sin, I really think that personally I will let God settle this and allow people the freedom to choose to do so if they wish. I mean sure I may say hey is that a good idea? But if they are suffering I truly cannot tell them no if you do you will go to hell cause there is little proof or evidence that they will scripturally...

I'm pretty sure no where in my posts have I said people who kill themselves 'go to hell'. In fact I'm pretty sure I said I'm glad I'm not God because I can't figure this all out.

Scriptures? I've been throwing them at this thread. One example? Pretty simple - Thou shalt not Kill. Call it what you will, there's a dead body in the end, a life taken. Regardless if it's your own - you're still murdering.

Other scriptures?

1 Corinthians 6:19-20King James Version (KJV) 19 What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 20 For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God's.

Anyway, there's a lot more but it doesn't really matter.

Somehow by my own doing or not this got twisted into a 'God' thing where I was intending, or in hopes, the thread would focus on the media and the government 'romanticizing' euthanasia. Making it palatable.

And once it is? Who will be next? And will it become less of a 'choice' and more of a social 'must' - or outright forced when you reach a certain age, or become sick with a certain disease, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

peace

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

a reply to: Alien Abduct

No age restrictions just a mental health test to see if they understand why they want to die.
Heck I bet in 10 years they will bring in a maximum age like loans run.

Exactly!

Ask yourself. If 'they' are romanticizing euthanasia now? When will it become mandatory - and why? Age, physical infirmity, dementia, etc.

It's no secret TPTB would like the population halved if not more.

So really? Suck up to it now folks, isn't that special they got to choose, awwww let's all wipe a little tear then go back to our cubical and be as productive as we can before our number is up.

peace

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Women should stop having periods too. Just think of the poor egg!

And men? All of those millions of wasted lives per ejaculation!

And miscarriages! Damn womens bodies self aborting a life!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Somehow by my own doing or not this got twisted into a 'God' thing where I was intending, or in hopes, the thread would focus on the media and the government 'romanticizing' euthanasia. Making it palatable.

And once it is? Who will be next? And will it become less of a 'choice' and more of a social 'must' - or outright forced when you reach a certain age, or become sick with a certain disease, etc.

Thanks for the reply.

peace

So let's make it more about the media and further about society itself.
I do not agree with it myself as personally and would do my best to help counsel a person away from it.Because I think in most cases suicide is due to mental illness. And that opens a huge discussion of how our society treats people with mental issues. That said I think much like a lot of things if there were more openness to both the illnesses and to assisted suicide it would have the opposite affect you think. Its already shunned and considered (wrongly) as a sin yet people still do it! So why not try a different approach instead of what we have done?

Then you have the terminally ill or elderly and honestly in these cases we treat our animals more humanely then we do our brothers, sisters, parents and friends! God would not want them to suffer so why should we? Telling them that god will take them or it is not their choice seems more like Cognitive dissonance.

To die with dignity should be a god given right and puts control of your life in your hands, instead of someone else (doctors etc). And as far as being saved that is a choice not given or expectancy that some superhero will save you.

So I do not believe the media is romanticizing it they are however making it more acceptable .

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

Understood.

And yes, I DO understand why these people were granted their euthanasia which again I can't judge. And yes, it did make my heart thump thinking how beautiful it is they could pass together. But that's not how I want to react because I don't believe we are supposed to make those decisions for ourselves.

Mental illness? That complicates everything. People need to be 'sound of mind and body' to make life decisions. So that kind of cancels out their free will doesn't it. Now take it a step up. What if they have a representative (I forgot the medical name for someone who's been chosen to make decisions for people who are sick), will they be allowed to make the decision?

It's a tough one for me as I'm blinded by TPTB wanting the majority of us dead - so anything that smacks of 'death propaganda' gets my hackles up.

Thanks for the reply.

peace

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

a reply to: abeverage

Understood.

And yes, I DO understand why these people were granted their euthanasia which again I can't judge. And yes, it did make my heart thump thinking how beautiful it is they could pass together. But that's not how I want to react because I don't believe we are supposed to make those decisions for ourselves.

Mental illness? That complicates everything. People need to be 'sound of mind and body' to make life decisions. So that kind of cancels out their free will doesn't it. Now take it a step up. What if they have a representative (I forgot the medical name for someone who's been chosen to make decisions for people who are sick), will they be allowed to make the decision?

It's a tough one for me as I'm blinded by TPTB wanting the majority of us dead - so anything that smacks of 'death propaganda' gets my hackles up.

Thanks for the reply.

peace

Personally I hope I never have to deal with this, but honestly I would hope to have choices for me or my loved ones.

Let me ask you do you or have you owned a pet? Did you ever have one put to sleep? If yes did you consider it humane? Did you make a decision based on compassion seeing your pet (companion/friend) suffer?

I do not agree with you about the TPTB wanting a majority of us dead never really subscribed to that because honestly if they did we would not be having this conversation. Comparing death with dignity to genocide isn't comparing apples to apples.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
We put our pets to sleep when they get old or terminal disease.
But to deny that same love to a human loved one who is old and or suffering and won't get better and chooses to die , that's horrible.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join