It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google & Youtube Targets Above Top Secret? (and other conspiracy sites)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
Especially the Flat Earth!!! Google will never suppress this information if we have anything to say about it.

#4 on the Google search is The Flat Earth Society (www.tfes.org...) , so it doesn't seem like it's currently surpressed. Granted, the first three are sites like Wikipedia and others that have bias against it.

The problem with flat earth theory isn't about truth, it is about having to re-calculate everything else in the universe to compensate.

edit on 13-8-2017 by saint4God because: Clarifying acronym

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: saint4God

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
One of the first steps to get a mass boycott of google is to condition people away from the programming of saying "google it" instead of search for it. I hear people say it every day in public. When Im at the market, or a restaurant, the mall or the theater.

PEOPLE, when you have replaced accurate correct word usage with a brand name, that should be hint number one that the brand in question is brainwashing people very successfully. I am attempting to get my kids to pass that message along in school, and have gotten with a few parents on correcting their kid's word usage and explaining to them how to recognize and understand the power of marketing and mind control. We all need to do our part and stop saying Google It

Don't let google to take over the minds of our generations!

Well said. I notice this when people say, "Do you have a Kleenex?" I'm like, "No, but here's a Puffs Plus With Lotion". The longer the title, the more absurd it sounds when you say it, especially if it is a generic brand. "Can I have a Coke?" "Sorry, all we have is Sam's Choice Doctor Thunder".

Lol And here I was thinking I'm the only guy in the world who has cans of Dr. Thunder in his fridge.

ATS for the win!!

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: saint4God

being a member here for 5+ years, if we are being targeted it's because we are on point, discuss taboo topics and will fight to get to the actual truth - these are things counter to Googles policy of agenda-driven propaganda.

For me, this is proof we're doing something right and something TPTB don't want the greater population exposed to, lest it destroys googles investment(s).

ATS for the win.

1. There is no indication ATS is being targeted.
2. Why would they?
3. ATS is actually the exact opposite of what you described.
4. "TPTB" have nothing to fear from ATS.
5. There is more BS, lies and deceptions spread on this site than any other site I know.

1. We have been ddos attacked many times, most recently was a few weeks ago - this is 'targeted'.
2. Because ATS is vehemently anti-establishment.
3. No, it's the same as I described - YOUR ATS is the opposite of what I described.
4. opinion noted.
5. opinion noted, you clearly have more faith in the postings on The Onion and God Like Productions et al, your last few posts, although not directly referencing same, are a testament to this.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

You could use Startpage.com which can also pull up Google searches without actually sending data to Google. Whether Google still profits from this arrangement though, I'm not sure.

An alternative to Chrome would be Chromium. The open source browser that Google stole and bloated.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail
You could use Startpage.com which can also pull up Google searches without actually sending data to Google. Whether Google still profits from this arrangement though, I'm not sure.

An alternative to Chrome would be Chromium. The open source browser that Google stole and bloated.

DuckDuckGo claims to be "the search engine that doesn't track you. We protect your search history from everyone – even us!". Whether this is true or not, I don't know, but would likely require as much trust in their brand name as any other without that knowledge/proof.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Fired Google engineer James Damore says company is 'like a cult'

The Google engineer fired for writing a controversial memo about diversity has gone beyond referring to the company as an "echo chamber" that won't stand for dissent and now says it's "almost like a cult."

In an opinion piece for the Wall Street Journal, James Damore gave his explanation for why he was fired, taking a shot at the company's culture and its famous motto.

"For many, including myself," he wrote, "working at Google is a major part of their identity, almost like a cult with its own leaders and saints, all believed to righteously uphold the sacred motto of 'Don't be evil.'"

Damore was fired at the start of this week after 3 1/2 years as an engineer for a post he wrote, laying out his view that men are biologically more well-suited than women for many tech jobs.

He's not apologizing.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheAlleghenyGentleman
Flat Earth is so mean. I like to think of it as an Earth that is still wearing a training bra.

You saying eventually it will turn into globes?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl
What Google doesn't seem to understand is that they are making themselves less and less relevant.

Everyday someone else turns away from Google ... permanently.

The numbers don't look like Google is slowing down anytime soon. Something I'm missing? www.smartinsights.com...

Google has a diverse portfolio. I'm pretty sure Goole Maps has enough to keep them running for a long time even without the self-driving car project (for example).

originally posted by: Snarl
The US Army's default search engine is no longer Google. It's been switched over to Bing.

Ah yes, overlord Microsoft is surely a better master...

edit on 13-8-2017 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
Also, the flat earth is caused by chem-trails and the number 6.

So true, the Masonic chemtrail plane, ChemiKill One, has a bunch of sixes in its tail number.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

The problem with flat earth theory isn't about truth, it is about having to re-calculate everything else in the universe to compensate.

My concern with Google, et al, is not so much the suppression of kooky conspiracy theories, but more its ability to suppress differing political views.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Duckduckgo. I changed two weeks ago from google as my main to DDG and I am not looking back. It is scary how we are used to a site because we think it's 'official' and 'proper' just because they have the most money and most modern looks.
DDG is still in its infancy and yet it has provided me with more information than google, plus the more people use it, the better it will get.
Don't just not use google, get rid of it on your computer.

The only thing I am worried about is that there are too many gullible/lazy/busy/distracted with celebrity island people who really don't care and they are probably in the majority.
That's why religion is so popular.

We are entering a dark age with eyes wide open and don't seem to be able to do anything about it.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

DuckDckGo is one that does not track or log any of your activity, and is my default. Another privacy based search is StartPage by IxquickBut if you do not like that, worry not there are plenty of search engines. Allow me to list a few of the more popular.

Yahoo!, Bing, Ask

You can also visit wiki's page on Search Engines to see a list of some that are geared to search for specific topics and such. The greatest trick the devil pulled was convincing he does not exist. The greatest trick google pulled was convincing people no other search engines exist, or at lest worth using.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: pavil

What do you expect from a platform that changes political definitions on a whim.

But hey, Google is a private company, right? They have the right to do whatever they want! It's not like Google is a monopoly. It's not like Alphabet buys out and downsizes all of their real competition.

There is no competition to YouTube or Twitter. Google is the internet. Big Brother is here.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

More topics of great concern per the video:
1.) Google considers more than one answer "a bug", that there should be one 'correct' answer.
2.) Predictive Crime Technology
3.) Majority rules, consensus dictates

This is an example of people who don't understand computer science trying to find something sinister in the process.

Here's the underlying issue with searches: How do you verify the information being presented?
You have a few options:
One is going by hits, but that's easily to manipulate.
Another is going by citations back to a source, which is what Google used to do, but all that does is rank what's popular not what's factual.
What Google has been attempting to do now, is to rank more credible sites higher which is an absolutely massive undertaking.

Ultimately though, they're correct. For any given search there should only be one result. The main challenge with this approach though is that we don't always have unbiased, correct, content creators to link to.

It's a very interesting problem actually because it goes to the root of one of the biggest computer science problems out there which is how you can verify data you're being sent as being credible based only on data you're being sent, without third party authentication. If Google ever solves this, it's going to revolutionize pretty much the entire world.

As far as the consensus dictates stuff goes, that's basically because it's the best form of information verification we have to date. It's not just Google that relies on it, something talked about a lot here is blockchains and Bitcoin. They rely on a consensus dictates system. Usually, the truth gets a higher consensus, and competing ideas are pushed away to the fringes and forgotten about. Occasionally something that's correct gets pushed away, but that's relatively rare.

Also, all search engines do all of this. In order to make a search engine work, at some point you have to arbitrarily choose how searches are ordered and presented.
edit on 13-8-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
For any given search there should only be one result.

*types 'How to raise your IQ by eating gifted children' into Google - expects more than one result*

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

My concern with Google, et al, is not so much the suppression of kooky conspiracy theories, but more its ability to suppress differing political views.

That's an issue with consensus based search ordering. If you have an alternate view that's still legitimate but not as popular, it tends to be marginalized.

In the end, it's a very democratic system (which shouldn't be a surprise, a lot of hackers and by extension programmers in general are infatuated with the concept of direct democracy), but we all know what happens to the 49% when the 51% vote on something in a democracy.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

That's an issue with consensus based search ordering. If you have an alternate view that's still legitimate but not as popular, it tends to be marginalized.

If it's marginalized solely because it's not as popular I can deal with that, sometimes we all need to dig a little deeper, if it's knowingly marginalized then I have an issue.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

*types 'How to raise your IQ by eating gifted children' into Google - expects more than one result*

In an ideal world you get one search result and it's exactly what you were looking for. I highly doubt this will ever be the case, because what you're looking for is more than just the text you type in. The exact result you want is also highly contextual based on your past searches, your current task outside of the digital world, and how you're reacting to the information you're being fed.

Getting one exact search would be the ideal but I don't think it's possible, so we (and Google) will have to settle for several good results.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

1. We have been ddos attacked many times, most recently was a few weeks ago - this is 'targeted'.

Ddos attacks happen to many websites all the time. That is not proof that we are being attacked because we are "on point".

2. Because ATS is vehemently anti-establishment.

Why would "tptb" care about that? We are not threat to them, whether we are anti-establishment or not.

3. No, it's the same as I described - YOUR ATS is the opposite of what I described.

No, In general, ATS is not what you described. Most people on this site do not seek the truth. They seek confirmation bias and spread disinformation.

5. opinion noted, you clearly have more faith in the postings on The Onion and God Like Productions et al, your last few posts, although not directly referencing same, are a testament to this.

See what I mean? You just made that up. I've said nothing about who or what I have faith in and so you pulled that out of your ass.

So much for seeking the truth, huh?

You've even said the you inform yourself through twitter and youtube videos. TPTB wouldn't see that as a threat.
edit on 13-8-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

If it's marginalized solely because it's not as popular I can deal with that, sometimes we all need to dig a little deeper, if it's knowingly marginalized then I have an issue.

And that all goes back to the issue I wrote about a couple posts up. How do you verify the data you're being sent, based on nothing more than the data you're being sent? It applies to search engines that are trying to determine the credibility of websites to present in searches, but it also applies to the end user in being able to verify the search engine is giving good information.

If Google, or anyone else ever succeeds in this, the ability to arbitrarily manipulate search results to push a specific agenda based on personal political philosophy rather than just facts will disappear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join