It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google & Youtube Targets Above Top Secret? (and other conspiracy sites)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: saint4God

Something tells me this is only the beginning. After the doxxing of Han Solo from CNN and this incident I wonder what else will they censor next?

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Very true
wish i could star you more than once for that

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

They better watch out or I will switch to their eastern rivals.

Oh, PLEASE...don't. Think of the CHILDREN!!!

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Umm, I posted this already. Last week.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

No, In general, ATS is not what you described. Most people on this site do not seek the truth. They seek confirmation bias and spread disinformation.

Agreed. Especially when it comes to the military, us foreign policy, weapons, tactics, etc.

I can't count the number of threads I have been gang stomped for digging truth about some US military action, Proxy ties or covert warfare and propaganda.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: FHomerK

Sorry I didn't see this video which posted to Youtube 3 days ago on an ATS search, could you post a link? If similar, I'm sure the mods can close & re-direct.
edit on 13-8-2017 by saint4God because: Clarity

edit on 13-8-2017 by saint4God because: Clarity

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
George
Orwell's
Orwellian
Government
Led
Enterprise

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: RainyState
George
Orwell's
Orwellian
Government
Led
Enterprise

Although The Onion creates parody news, there are some good points made here as it applies to surveillance and information control:

edit on 13-8-2017 by saint4God because: Fix link, grammar

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So what are the better options to google?

duck duck go. Or TOR. those are good.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: saint4God

Sorry I didn't see this video which posted to Youtube 3 days ago on an ATS search, could you post a link? If similar, I'm sure the mods can close & re-direct.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Uh, I think the Mods are presently tied up with a meeting with Google. (fake news).

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...

That's the one, would the mods like to close this then since there's a lnk to the prior one now? Or is this one on a different enough path? You're pretty fast on the trigger FHomerK, you posted the next day of the video! I see yours was titled "Internet Censorship" in General Conspiracies. I don't know why it didn't come up on my search, looks like there's a thing or two I need to learn about Boolean. Maybe my search was too specific?
edit on 13-8-2017 by saint4God because: Clarity, grammar

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The internet doesn't belong to Google, Facebook, or Youtube. They are private corporations, and they can literally do whatever they want. They owe us a big fat zero.

The internet is not censored, we still have an open and free internet. I'll be troubled the day the government will start to censor or prevent access to certain websites, deciding what the public could access or not.

Let them have it their way; new alternative search engines will rise, new open and safe social medias. The internet is still in its infancy.

Those that are currently in power are living in a delusion that they own the world. The tide will change, and eventually it's the people who will dictate the kind of internet we will have 10 or 20 years from now, not Google or Facebook.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Duckduckgo is also the default search engine for TOR. If I just type what I'm looking for in the URL box, it always goes to DDG. Personally I like it, it's very close to google's level. I also do believe they don't record searches, wether on the clear web, or deep, it doesn't give me personalized results like google does.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Literally posted this exact thing three days ago yet hardly got any responses. Isn't there a policy on double posts?.. Maybe I'm being censored....

Google is Becoming The Thought Police

Kind of discouraging really. I have many pertinent issues I'd like to bring to people's attention but what's the point if I get bumped to the bottom of the barrel?
edit on 13-8-2017 by HorizonFall because: Bottom Dweller

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Word of mouth has always been far more efficient. I don't think this is a worry at all.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
No it wasn't you, the ATS search just sucks ass. Plus people don't usually title their stuff to reflect the details of the search terms we use before posting.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: HorizonFall
Literally posted this exact thing three days ago yet hardly got any responses. Isn't there a policy on double posts?.. Maybe I'm being censored....

Google is Becoming The Thought Police

Kind of discouraging really. I have many pertinent issues I'd like to bring to people's attention but what's the point if I get bumped to the bottom of the barrel?

Yours was even before FHomerK's by the looks of it. Sorry I couldn't find yours on the search either, but am glad it was noticed twice before. I would certainly understand & support closing threads if ruled duplicates.
edit on 13-8-2017 by saint4God because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sapphire

Word of mouth has always been far more efficient. I don't think this is a worry at all.

I'm glad you mentioned this point. My daughter was trained on how to use the internet in her early teens but always came to me with questions even after explaining that answers can be found online as long as the research was thorough to discern whether the information you're given is valid or not. I think coming to me was more convenient, but I also think she saw me as a trusted source more importantly.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
No it wasn't you, the ATS search just sucks ass. Plus people don't usually title their stuff to reflect the details of the search terms we use before posting.

I'm wondering if timing was an issue as well. I posted at the beginning of the weekend being that I'd just gotten off of work whereas Wednesday I was thinking more about what I had to do that night before work the next day. Perhaps I got the busy restaurants & grocery store timeslot that drew more notice?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join