It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea. Your Ideas?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Not to say that it matters to anyone but me, but how would you approach this major problem that we all are facing if there are even options left?

Hypothetical situation of course.

Would you be willing to talk to Kim, or would you strike first?

I would like to get at least somewhat of a consensus of how this little community of ours thinks.

What is this thread suppose to accomplish you may ask? Only to assuage my curiosity, and maybe help in my own understanding and view of this very real situation.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I think we got em covered, right where we want em. Some super secret stuff watching them at close range from above ready to drop that jar of wasps right on their heads.....like spiders in a birthday cake.....he....heditby]edit on 10-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone
Not to say that it matters to anyone but me, but how would you approach this major problem that we all are facing if there are even options left?

Hypothetical situation of course.

I would like to get at least somewhat of a consensus of how this little community of ours thinks.

What is this thread suppose to accomplish you may ask? Only to assuage my curiosity, and maybe help in my own understanding and view of this very real situation.

If I was Potus, I'd get on the horn with the President of China and have a very long talk. China just said if NK strikes first, it will remain neutral. If the US strikes first, however - they will support NK.

If NK was to strike first, the most China would do is stay out of it.....are you kidding me? Even if NK kills hundreds of thousands (if not millions, depending on which weapons are used), China would just sit back and let the chips fall where they may.

If we attack first, even if it's due to a real threat, we're screwed.

Either way we are screwed. China has made no secret of the fact they are standing by NK no matter what. If Kim strikes first, the least China could do would be to help capture him alive.

I say alive because I want the guy tried in an international court for crimes against humanity.

This is escalating rather quickly.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
I think we got em covered, right where we want em. Some super secret stuff watching them at close range from above ready to drop that jar of wasps right on their heads.....like spiders in a birthday cake.....he....heditby]edit on 10-8-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

I tend to agree with your scenario, but what about China? They could get involved very fast?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3daysgone

it's not like we haven't had ongoing tensions with NK over this before. talking has always been the solution in the past... but our current guy doesn't words too good. things have been said that shouldn't have been, and it's a real worry to me whether anyone can talk the baby-in-chief down from his toddler tantrum.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have an idea, or more of a theory that this whole NK snip is being flooded in the news to distract from a VERY near economic crisis.

Along with the Russia thing...the Clinton thing...the illegal immigrant thing....etc.

I'm not saying these things are not happening, it's just the focus is being taken away from other impending and imminent factors.

The horrendous reality is that one could possibly happen, and the other is inevitable...

Quite possibly both to be honest..

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: dianajune

If I was Potus, I'd get on the horn with the President of China and have a very long talk. China just said if NK strikes first, it will remain neutral. If the US strikes first, however - they will support NK.

That was newspaper out of China, which doesn't speak for it's government. That doesn't mean it can not happen though. What would you say to them to get them to change their mind?

If NK was to strike first, the most China would do is stay out of it.....are you kidding me? Even if NK kills hundreds of thousands (if not millions, depending on which weapons are used), China would just sit back and let the chips fall where they may.

But again that story may not be true.

If we attack first, even if it's due to a real threat, we're screwed.

That depends on if the newspaper in China is right. If so, I believe that we will not be screwed, but we will be in a very hard fight. One that is not impossible to win.

Either way we are screwed. China has made no secret of the fact they are standing by NK no matter what. If Kim strikes first, the least China could do would be to help capture him alive.

No China has actually sanctioned coal from North Korea for some missteps in the past. That lets me know that China is not unreasonable, plus if they turn on America their economy would be in for quit the mess. I don't think China wants that, especially when they see what our military can actually do.

This is escalating rather quickly.

It very much seems like it, but tomorrow is another day.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
We just can't do a first strike.Guam will have to take the hit.According to the state-run paper,China has basically given the U.S. a "green light" if NK strikes first.That is the only move we have.IMO,of course.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Already a thread on this

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Eh, Kim Jung is like the 3 little pigs. I will huff and puff and blow you house down.

The thing is, he knows who is messing with and the consequences.

Time for his little game to end.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

it's not like we haven't had ongoing tensions with NK over this before. talking has always been the solution in the past... but our current guy doesn't words too good. things have been said that shouldn't have been, and it's a real worry to me whether anyone can talk the baby-in-chief down from his toddler tantrum.

Well in all fairness the other Presidents could have stopped what is happening right now, but didn't. That lets me know how far they looked down the road to the well being of our Nation. North Korea was also not threatening with Nukes in the past when talking didn't work. It is a hard one for me to call. I want to say talking is the reasonable thing to do because it is, but talking is only reasonable if the person you are talking to is reasonable. Kim doesn't seem to be a reasonable kind of guy.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I wouldn't make a move unless they sent one of their missiles into another country...
more than likely, they are just talking, egging us on to make the first strike.
but if they did..
then well... how many moabs do we have, can we drop all of them on their capital city and level it?

link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

With the media being what it is, I question what lil'kim's issue is.

I mean is he pissed just cause or does he have a reason? Is he bucking the central bank system? Is he not playing ball with corporations and their business strategies for developing nations?

Or is he just a huge nut bag?

link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
I have an idea, or more of a theory that this whole NK snip is being flooded in the news to distract from a VERY near economic crisis.

Along with the Russia thing...the Clinton thing...the illegal immigrant thing....etc.

I'm not saying these things are not happening, it's just the focus is being taken away from other impending and imminent factors.

The horrendous reality is that one could possibly happen, and the other is inevitable...

Quite possibly both to be honest..

Perhaps. So then let's make believe the North Korean situations is real. What would be your plan for moving forward on the issue?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

We just can't do a first strike.Guam will have to take the hit.According to the state-run paper,China has basically given the U.S. a "green light" if NK strikes first.That is the only move we have.IMO,of course.

That is presuming the newspaper is actually speaking for the Chinese Government. What if North Korea strikes Guam anyway? Wouldn't a first strike be essential to at least trying to stop their attack with our weaponry to take their missiles out?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I think it's a good source, esp. since it agrees with a Twitter page I subscribe to:

DefCon Warning System on Twitter

If China doesn't want the US to act in self-defense, it ought to do more than remain "neutral."

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Call all the oil men into South Korea. Drill a strategic pipe and place a WHOLE BUNCH of hydrogen bombs right under all of Kim's known control centers. Then tell him very bluntly and publicly that if he launches anything at all, he will be blown to smithereens immediately. Done, and done!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
Eh, Kim Jung is like the 3 little pigs. I will huff and puff and blow you house down.

The thing is, he knows who is messing with and the consequences.

Time for his little game to end.

You would do nothing? What if he called your bluff?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
If I could sway the president and control the media -
Have the military just act as guards for defense. Keep them in place and keep them silent and calm.
Never engage with NK through any form of diplomacy. No communication or response.
Have the media not report any news on NK. The story is now "dead" and the media circus moves onto to something new.

Kim gets frustrated and then eventually he gets bored and goes back to watching new Hollywood movies and trying out new strains.

Trump moves on.

World is now less annoyed by NK.

If NK ever tries anything from this point forward - Mattis does some things very quickly.

My point is, the best thing we can do for this situation is to remove ourselves from the conversation and threats.

edit on 10-8-2017 by EmmanuelGoldstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I wouldn't make a move unless they sent one of their missiles into another country...
more than likely, they are just talking, egging us on to make the first strike.
but if they did..
then well... how many moabs do we have, can we drop all of them on their capital city and level it?

Their missiles would have to go over Japan for them to hit Guam. Could that be considered into another country? It is like North Korea holding a gun on Guam, and saying we are going to destroy Guam. Are you sure that not making a move is the best coarse of action for Guam?

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2  3 >>

join