It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you were a kid in the 80's, you probably played with some of these.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I want to forget when I think about the 80's. Because a ton of my hard earned single-parent income went to purchase the things in the pics....my kids were My Little Pony & Kenex thingys.a reply to: Trueman

edit on 10-8-2017 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

I guess it's a generational thing, although some of the toys would perhaps still work today for some age groups if there would be some serious related cinema/tv/videogame merchandising.

Anyone here remember this fellow?
A typical 80s toy, unfortunately I never had one of those

edit on 10-8-2017 by jeep3r because: fixed link

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: DBCowboy

I heard you had a lot of friends too.

Some of them were even visible.

Just the ones I dug up.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Sounds like you had some very generous parents , and relatives OP . That's alot of toys to accumulate... where did you keep them all? Did you manage to save some to pass on to your children ?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Whoohaa, I still have that exact same hoovercraft, altough the skirt has gone bad, everything else still works.

Edit: Hmm maybe i can convert it to brushless engines... who needs a skirt then!

edit on 10-8-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Tekaran

Wow man I had totally forgotten about the Super Naturals and Battle Beasts. Otherwise you and I had almost identical taste as children. I was born only a few years later however.

G.I. Joe was always my favorite too. I used to have dreams about finding bins full of Snake Eyes and Fire Fly figures all with broken cod pieces. It was more of a nightmare to be honest.

Were you into C.O.P.S. at all or was that too late for you?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I feel like i just stepped into a virtual version of my Uncles bedroom.

-Alee

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

haha...

My dad told me when he was a kid, he would get together with some friends, take off their shoes, and run across a clover field. If you got stung by a bee you were out. Then they would go back across, then back, and so on, until only 1 person was left. That person was declared the winner.

I'm glad I never got that bored.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I caught a cornfield on fire when I was a kid playing with bottle rockets. Lost about 1/4 of an acre.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My cousin had lots of the GI Joes, and he would bring them up to grandma and grandpa's farm. There was lots of natural limestone at the place, and lots of Joes got into all kinds of rock-climbing fights and similar scenarios.

G.I. Joe was the absolute best for playing outside. The battles you could make would be glorious. Even now as an almost 40 year old man, when I am out walking with my little boy and I see a cool gulch or field my first thought is "Damn that would be perfect for a G.I. Joe battle".

When I was a kid I swore I would not be happy until I had gotten a job and bought all of these toys. I try hard to get back into that head space but can't justify spending the money. God I love looking at the pictures though.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sputniksteve

Not really, but wasn't there a cartoon for that? It's seem I remember watching that some.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

Not really, but wasn't there a cartoon for that? It's seem I remember watching that some.

Yes there was a cartoon which the figures were based off of. I want to say that it was around '87 or '89 that it was popular, at least with my friends.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
My cousin had lots of the GI Joes, and he would bring them up to grandma and grandpa's farm. There was lots of natural limestone at the place, and lots of Joes got into all kinds of rock-climbing fights and similar scenarios.

G.I. Joe was the absolute best for playing outside. The battles you could make would be glorious. Even now as an almost 40 year old man, when I am out walking with my little boy and I see a cool gulch or field my first thought is "Damn that would be perfect for a G.I. Joe battle".

When I was a kid I swore I would not be happy until I had gotten a job and bought all of these toys. I try hard to get back into that head space but can't justify spending the money. God I love looking at the pictures though.

Hit'N'Run was another one of my favorites, but dang, you get him in a bush and forget where you put him, good luck finding him because his camo was on point!

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran

I caught a cornfield on fire when I was a kid playing with bottle rockets. Lost about 1/4 of an acre.

We can be friends. You aren't cool until you did a little arson.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
Sounds like you had some very generous parents , and relatives OP . That's alot of toys to accumulate... where did you keep them all? Did you manage to save some to pass on to your children ?

I didn't have a lot of the stuff posted, except for Joes, so I didn't need a lot of space. But as fars as did I keep anything? None. I went through a destructive period after I had bought a BB Gun, and most of my Joes and He-man were used as target practice.
As far as my LJN Wrestlers, I rubbed their faces off on concrete because I thought it looked funny. I regret it so bad. Pretty much all I have left from my childhood years are my baseball, basketball, and football cards from 86-93. Which seem to be worth jack crap, due to the flooded market in those years. Somewhere I've got a box of a few Joes, but my moms swears she don't know where they are. I bet she is hiding them from me to keep them safe from BB Gun wounds.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: jeep3r

Great thread, I had GoBots, some G.I. Joe and M.A.S.K. vehicles + action figures, of course tons of Star Wars merchandise and I'd like to add the below items to your list (pure nostalgia).

Capsela:

Transformers/Dinobots:

Tente construction kits:

I don't remember the Capsela, or Tente Construction Kits. But I did have a few transformers. My very first one was Sunstreaker (the yellow Lamborghini). What was the name of the 2 "Jam Box" Transformers, that came with the little Tapes?

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I had cooler toys...

I had those toys too ! We had so much fun with them , really fun when you have to explain why you don't have eyebrows to your mom...lol

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
I had those toys too ! We had so much fun with them , really fun when you have to explain why you don't have eyebrows to your mom...lol

Kids these days don't know the pure joy of whipping up your own batch of Napalm and then firebombing your friend's tree fort.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Anyone remember micronaughts? They were cool too.

posted on Aug, 10 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
Anyone remember micronaughts? They were cool too.

I don't remember them, but they look like something I would have liked back then. There are a bunch of accessories and vehicles for them too. C3P0'ish type figures.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join