It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump still has not condemned the Minnesota mosque bombing

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Many people MIGHT not even be aware of this attack due the LITTLE coverage it seemed to receive. Considering that Trump loves to use Twitter, I am actually surprised he hasn't said ANYTHING about this at all. Apparently, I'm not alone:

Since a makeshift bomb tore through a Minnesota mosque early Saturday morning, President Trump has used Twitter, his preferred platform for communicating with the American people, to rail about “fake news,” attack a Democratic senator from Connecticut and insist that he’s working hard while vacationing in New Jersey.

One topic Trump has yet to address: the mosque attack at the Dar Al-Farooq Islamic Center in the Twin Cities suburb of Bloomington, where several people were gathering for prayer. Nobody was injured, authorities said, but the attack has left the Muslim community feeling unsettled.

I DO wonder if this had been a Christian church...would Trump have responded?

Silence after attacks where Muslims are the victims is not uncharacteristic for the president, who has been previously lambasted for a perceived double standard that critics claim he applies when denouncing terrorism. Attacks perpetuated by Muslims draw his attention and sharp tongue, they argue, while violence targeting Muslims is overlooked.

Link

Isn't religious freedom a RIGHT granted for everyone? Would it be so HARD for Trump to Tweet a sentence or TWO? Obama got hammered for not using the right WORDS (radical Islamic terror). BUT ... at least he said something.

Is there an underlying message here? A "double standard" with regards to terrorism in the USA?

+71 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: DanteGaland

Had it been a Jewish or Christian Church, Buddist, Hindu would "you" be making a thread about it?
edit on pm831pmTue, 08 Aug 2017 12:14:31 -0500 by antar because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Someone else would LIKELY beat me to it.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Fair Enough...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Well he could say, sorry about that.

Then people would call him a sympathizer.

Kick off a whole new media storm against Trump.

+19 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

What!?!? An article that takes a negative approach at the POTUS from WaPo? Oh my, we never see that!
WaPo owner Jeff Bezos has an axe to grind with this administration thanks to his other business, a little thing called Amazon, and their Trillion dollar corporation's antitrust violations which this admin will eventually decide to come down on.

It's not fake news, it's just fake outrage and a personally motivated attack campaign.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Tough on terrorism means tough on terrorism...

Right? Should it matter who's doing it though?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Fake outrage is the latest rage!!! Don't you know??

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Trump might already know it could have been a pathetic false flag.

We know it's happened before and will happen again.

link   

originally posted by: DanteGaland

No it shouldn't, however firemen put out the bigger fires first....

When domestic terrorism reaches the level of terror that have been committed in the name of Islam, then maybe I can see the need for apologies from our Commander in Chief over these isolated incidents...

+16 more 
link   

Like you guys would give him credit for condemning it anyways. Probably would claim he wasn't sincere and spin it somehow.

Faux-outrage galore with you lot.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I just checked with him and he is sad, and outraged. So you are all good here, have a super day.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

What!?!? An article that takes a negative approach at the POTUS from WaPo? Oh my, we never see that!
WaPo owner Jeff Bezos has an axe to grind with this administration thanks to his other business, a little thing called Amazon, and their Trillion dollar corporation's antitrust violations which this admin will eventually decide to come down on.

It's not fake news, it's just fake outrage and a personally motivated attack campaign.

Glad to SEE you. You seem to love my threads and posts. I can reliably depend on your INPUT

Now...FAKE NEWS? That's a harsh allegation. Are we not allowed to question our elected leaders? Why the silence?

WHY was Obama held to a different standard? He at least DID say something (just not the 'right words').

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

You seem to love my threads and posts

Oh yes, I love to call out you partisan hacks.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Why would Trump care about this? I seriously doubt he cares about anyone not in his base.

People need to get over the whole "expecting Trump to act like a human being with empathy" thing. I don't think it's going to happen. That's why a big portion of his base likes him.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

So what?
You guys bitch when he Tweets and you bitch when he doesn't.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: GuidedKill

When domestic terrorism reaches the level of terror that have been committed in the name of Islam, then maybe I can see the need for apologies from our Commander in Chief over these isolated incidents...

Domestic terrorism is part of Global terrorism, unless some of you think America is literally not let of the rest of the globe.

Terrorism against or in the name of any religion or political belief system or what have you is never okay and should be condemned equally.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Terrorism against Muslims is okay in the eyes of many right wingers. Apparently including the US President.
edit on 8/8/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Bad bombers bad! Now go say 3 Hail Marys and an act of contrition.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: GuidedKill

Domestic terrorism is part of Global terrorism, unless some of you think America is literally not let of the rest of the globe.

Terrorism against or in the name of any religion or political belief system or what have you is never okay and should be condemned equally.

No one is saying were not like the rest of the globe. Don't put words in my mouth. I only said that events like this happen daily all over the world and the president can't focus and condemn all of these isolated incidents....Hell it would take all day to condemn all the attacks globally....Is that what you think the President should do with his day??

Now my comment on bigger fires is exactly what I said...Terrorism in the name of Islam FAR outweighs lone wolf or domestic terror attacks. I would like my commander in chief to focus on the global issues and not some single crazy redneck in Minnesota....Let the locals do their job and handle that. Maybe the Gov of Minnesota can come out and condemn the attack to make the OP happy and warm feeling...

Cause you know it's all about feelings.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join