It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Just Want To Say I Told You So. RE: LGBT

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm also beginning to wonder if cultural acceptance has some people feeling The Gayness seeping out of themselves, which scares them, hence the need to fight so hard against that acceptance, or rather to keep things in the closet.

Maybe if some tolerance starts welling up then some figure it's a weakness.

Could be that the anti crowd thinks they will lose control and be treated as they have treat the gay community. Fear of turnabout.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

I'm also beginning to wonder if cultural acceptance has some people feeling The Gayness seeping out of themselves, which scares them, hence the need to fight so hard against that acceptance, or rather to keep things in the closet.

Maybe if some tolerance starts welling up then some figure it's a weakness.

Could be that the anti crowd thinks they will lose control and be treated as they have treat the gay community. Fear of turnabout.

That's pretty much the spin.

We see it happen when trying to extent tolerance to—or add protections for—certain non-Christian groups, it suddenly become a "War on Christians."

I suppose increased tolerance and acceptance of those who don't identify as strictly heterosexual suddenly become a "War on HeteroSexuals and the Sheer Fabric of Advanced Society."

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Its the idiotic "us versus them" mentality fostered in low brow political arguments. No wants to take the time to understand the nuanced approaches to differing political opinions when it is easier to stereotype them relentlessly.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Its the idiotic "us versus them" mentality fostered in low brow political arguments. No wants to take the time to understand the nuanced approaches to differing political opinions when it is easier to stereotype them relentlessly.

True, but in this case it's not even a political argument, it's a social issue that is being hijacked and exploited for political reasons, thereby furthering the "us-versus-them" mentality through those stereotypes.

It's a calculated poisoning.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

What's crazy is the OP is claiming that by legalizing same -sex marriage, more people are randomly "choosing " to be gay - and by doing this, it will allow those dirty Muslim immigrants to take over the country because gay people don't have children.

And when confronted with the bigger issue of college-educated women being less likely to have children , OP just blows that off, saying "no problem, we'll just offer them tax credits or something."

But when confronted with the idea of offering said tax credits to gay couples to encourage them to have more kids as well.....crickets.

This proves to me that OP's concern about lower birthrate is bogus. He just doesn't like the LGBT community in general, and is looking for any excuse he can to swing people over to his side.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
i can't get upset over what a person decides their sexuality is.
it doesn't matter. life will continue. and continue to be different.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

No, it just means there's a safer environment for people to come out in sooner. The older generations grew up with a threat of immediate scorn and violence, that was what was normalized for them, so it doesn't necessarily follow that they would be coming out in droves, too.

As for choice, are you (presumably) straight because that's what's always been normalized? Did you choose to be?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Except you provided no actual evidence...

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Congratulations. You were right I guess. Who cares?

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Yes, it's a silly premise, which is reminiscent of blaming one group of people for all one's or society's ills (Jews comes to mind).

Like you said, when facts don't fit with the narrative, they are ignored for the simple reason they do not advance, but rather contradict, the narrative being pushed.

The OP uses every possible means to divert everything back to his anti-LGBT narrative.

The OP fails to take into account that the US birthrate has been steadily declining since roughly the post WWII "boom," and attempts to place the blame for recent dip of the last three years on gays, of which there is no realistic evidence or even a correlation. The fact there is a dip in the birthrate at this point in time is not indicative of anything having to do with gays, but it fails to take other issues into account, such as economic. The whole OP is using data for three-ish years to push anti-gay narrative, and that's all.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Give a liberal a inch they take a lightyear.

I really had no problems with gays or them even marrying. If it had ended there I would not have a problem.

But Librals have used it as a springboard to push even more crazy # and to present MENTAL ILLNESS as a lifestyle choice.

When liberals where argueing for gay marriage they assured us it would not be a slippery slope, that thise sceptical where paranoid bigots.........will those paranoid "bigots" seem to be right and the SJW liars.

edit on 8-8-2017 by InsaneIthorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:28 AM
link   

It's called fitting the evidence to the conclusion. Also known as confirmation bias.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Speaking of such an environment for children , we need to make sure its not polluted and they can eat and drink safely
and live in safety without fear of war or death

and finally live in a society where they arent sold or traded or abused , right now Im actually disgusted by the level of cruelty on earth. There is a long line of sick #s abusing kids and this place wont get any better until we sort that out.
Some people on earth are sick enough they dont care about anyone else and lust for power and material wealth
and they are literally #ing our future away.
What will the world turn out like when more than 50% of children are abused or have suffered some form of abuse from adults.

I mean we live in a time where we can live in peace but we dont, we can do many things , but we still dont have a safe world for children , we still kill our planet and the life on it , and we still dont know how the #ing pyramids were built
I mean for # sake !

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

Please explain and list ALL the rights you have lost while the LGBTQ community has gained their's.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Meh. I think Millennials and Gen Z are more accepting of "sexual fluidity" and rolling with uncertainty. I think that there is a certain trendiness and identification with peer groups that is happening and thereby increasing the number of people who are willing to identify as a non-traditional in their preferences - i.e. It is "cool" and supported in ways that "boring normal partnerships with old fashioned rules" are not.

Also know that sexual dysphoria is quite common in young kids as well as teens. The new lack of taboo is allowing more freedom from social pressure so kids are exploring different roles. It is also creating or exacerbating confusion regarding male/female gender identity in kids, in my opinion. I do agree with that.

We know people with a girl who dated another girl for a long time in high school and who now is dating a boy. Same with another family. Some of this is about the normal adolescent urge to challenge parenta strictures and rebel against norms thus creating a sense of unique peer culture.

So buckle up friends. No worries though. These things, like politics, have pendulum swings. At some point it will become too much and things will bounce back.

Think back to the sixties and seventies with swinging and group sex - that caused damage to families so it was rebelled against. Now multi-partner relationships are somewhat back in vogue among "the young folk."

It's like that, except you will always have a percentage of people who cannot identify as anything other than their place on the LGBTQ spectrum.

Meanwhile, we help kids through their confusion and choices the best we can, even though it can be uncomfortable for us.

The biggest problem I see is that boys and girls are uncertain as to the personality variations between male and female. Stereotypes are being used - those old boy blue girl pink roles - that are hyper-strict themselves.

A girl can be tough and like to play in mud, go fishing, play soccer, and would rather be outside climbing trees than inside baking cookies. She might not like babysitting. She might belch the alphabet. She might also like to put on a cute dress for someone's wedding. And she might want to date boys.

A boy can be into design and fashion, can be sensitive, can like babies, can enjoy "quieter"'activities like reading, playing violin or flute, and might really enjoy dance. That same boy might also like watching and playing sports, video games and be in computer club at school. And this boy might have a crush on the girl mentioned above.

Or they could both be gay - whatever - but statistically speaking, there is a far greater chance they would date each other rather than someone of the same sex, and an even greater chance that they are not transgendered.

Anyway. Just my random thoughts.

edit on 8-8-2017 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

There has been a marked decrease in western male sperm count and it is not showing signs of stopping

Significant ongoing decrease

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I really had no problems with gays or them even marrying. If it had ended there I would not have a problem.

It personally affects you..how, exactly?

Reminds me of what I said in this thread

the same about The Blacks.

First they wanted freedom from slavery. Ok, they got that, then wanted the right to vote. Seriously, freedom's not enough?? They got that, but complained when people tried to keep them from voting through intimidation, literacy tests, etc. Then they wanted to not be discriminated against or harassed and to be able to use the white restrooms and water fountains, eat at the same counters, and not have to go to the back of the bus, etc. The NERVE of those people, always wanting MORE.

After that, they wanted to not be discriminated against in employment, and wanted their OWN HISTORY MONTH to signify their historical struggle. The NERVE.

Always wanting more...

Gotta lotta buzzwords in your post, though. You've been conditioned well.

edit on 8-8-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

There has been a marked decrease in western male sperm count and it is not showing signs of stopping

Significant ongoing decrease

Yes, fertility rates have been decreasing.

What does that have to do with gays?

Not a thing.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

This post is basically a hackneyed stream of buzzwords and cliche.

How do you possibly think that you have the right to tell others what gender they are or who they should love?

The only "rights" anyone has been granted in the marriage equality resolution is that Americans are treated equally before the laws ... a concept which goes back to the Constitution.

What's the authoritarian argument? Rights aren't given they exist because we are human beings?

Whatcha know ...I agree with the nutjobs on one point.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

you brought up the very point, its only being talked about in the media because it causes division but on the global scale the actual percentage of humans either transgender, gender dysphoria or sexual dysphoria or the varying spectrum is a very small percentage of humans in total

I think there is about 10% of the worlds population who are in the LGBT community and that is normally an estimate where its more close to 20%

20% of 7 billion is 1 billion 400 million
that isnt a lot of people compared to the total population

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join