It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11 California counties have more registered voters than voting-age citizens.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: eNumbra

originally posted by: kurthall
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan
Sounds to me like there are a lot of dead people still registered. Or something like that.

This.
Proof that an investigation needs to be done, that voter rolls need to be kept up to date properly, with the deceased and those who moved and re-registered in their new location purged from where they would be no longer eligible.

Unless all of those registered voted, you don't have proof of voter fraud quite yet, as suggestive as it might be.

But why is California and other states fighting Trumps investigation into voter fraud if its just an honest mistake that needs cleared up?

The demanding of social security numbers, compiling of a "voter history", etc, IIRC.

But go ahead with the "if you've nothing to hide..." argument, I'm sure that'll never lead us anywhere bad.
edit on 8/7/2017 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Sounds to me like there are a lot of dead people still registered. Or something like that.

This.
Proof that an investigation needs to be done, that voter rolls need to be kept up to date properly, with the deceased and those who moved and re-registered in their new location purged from where they would be no longer eligible.

Unless all of those registered voted, you don't have proof of voter fraud quite yet, as suggestive as it might be.

But why is California and other states fighting Trumps investigation into voter fraud if its just an honest mistake that needs cleared up?

The demanding of social security numbers IIRC.

But go ahead with the "if you've nothing to hide..." argument, I'm sure that'll never lead us anywhere bad.

Honestly I am on the fence about the ss# issue.

but there is clearly a problem with aat east the voter registration rolls that many states including California do not seem to keen on addressing.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I'd love to hear from the asshats that constantly blubber on and on about how no significant voter fraud exists, and voter ID is racists. But I doubt they will have the stones to comment here.

The ID is very racists... Its against all the Non-American races...

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: network dude
I'd love to hear from the asshats that constantly blubber on and on about how no significant voter fraud exists, and voter ID is racists. But I doubt they will have the stones to comment here.

The ID is very racists... Its against all the Non-American races...

Fabulous.

Then there needs to be some system in place to verify voters that claim to have no SS# or state-issued ID#/DL#.

The fact is, there isn't.

If you offer a SS# or state-issued ID#/DL# when you register to vote, it will be verified through the HAVV.

If you don't, then you are not verified in any other way. You are just assigned a voter ID# and are good to go and vote.

Ridiculous.

My vote (and my right to vote) is CHEAPENED and DEVALUED by these dismal standards!

So, I don't bother voting much anymore. This crap system is too disenfranchising to verifiable, eligible voters.

edit on 8/7/2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I think its sarcasm,

And you make a valid point.

However a special presidential committe for collecting very specific voter data seems pretty unsettling.

And the civil liberty concern would be attaching your voting record to a location and person.

So of you live in a 75 percent (opposite party) voting center could a politician penalize you personally as we degrade privacy more and more.

IMO ignoring and not safeguarding exploitation is not any better than the system currently used.

Again republicans have cotrolled the legislature and majority governorship yet complain complain complain.

Rick perry lived in Austin. It's not like he didn't know there illegals were everywhere in construction. Let's get real withing issues.

edit on 7-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

If you offer a SS# or state-issued ID#/DL# when you register to vote, it will be verified through the HAVV.

If you don't, then you are not verified in any other way. You are just assigned a voter ID# and are good to go and vote.

Ridiculous.

My vote (and my right to vote) is CHEAPENED and DEVALUED by these dismal standards!

So, I don't bother voting much anymore. This crap system is too disenfranchising to verifiable, eligible voters.

So change the standard not the need....

Verify someway....If all this is about the 98 year old black great grandmother who has no proof of anything, but votes....lol OK. Have special considerations built in.

So a person in 2017 has no proof of anything as a American citizen and so they are disenfranchised? The 99.9% that do have proof will be fine, we can work the others case by case... If they truly care to vote one would think they would care a little about proper registering.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

We actually agree on something yikes.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Sorry, Xtrozero, if I missed your sarcasm.

Unfortunately, 'racism' is a real excuse coming from the trusted (Soros) researchers...the Brennan Center. We've stupidly allowed them to shape voter/election laws...FEDERAL voting laws, at that!

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

On the other end republicans have done their share and also have had the power to change it and don't....then blame everyone else that they couldn't do it even though it was their own fault.

The federal government should not be the one making voters lists though. Whoever is power.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Yep. If our voting/election system has any worth, at all, it's not unreasonable to expect every voter-applicant to be verified, in some way, even if we don't require they have IDs or SS#s.

That's a better way to spend tax dollars than MOST ways state tax dollars are spent.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This.

but there is clearly a problem with aat east the voter registration rolls that many states including California do not seem to keen on addressing.

Last i checked there were red states and republican law makers who were resisting the same as California.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Eh, both parties are in cahoots and shape these crappy election/voter laws and Democrats have zero shame exploiting minorities, the poor, and the elderly to make the system game-able.

I agree though, if I understand you correctly...the federal government should never have been allowed the power they have election/voter laws.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   

This.

Last i checked there were red states and republican law makers who were resisting the same as California.

You will note that I mentioned many states doing this.

I agree. I am willing to bet that red states also have bad voter registration roll upkeep.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Judicial Watch has been doing some investigating.

No surprise, LA County is the worst: registered voters are 144% of the voting-age citizens in that county. It's probably even worse than the "official" numbers, because not all voting-age citizens will be registered to vote.
This effectivly shoots down the lefties' claims that there's no significant voter fraud taking place. I'm sure we'd find similar places in other states (Texas, New York, Arizona, New Mexico).

Why exactly does that statistic do what you claim? Let's think this through - so we have all these records of registered voters who are either deceased or have moved, right? Are you claiming that there is a large chunk of the population in these counties that a) found out this information and b) exploited this information by going and voting multiple times under these various dead/moved people's names and c) accounted for the 3 million voter gap in the popular vote in favor of Clinton?? Or maybe just 1 million of those? Or a couple thousand? What is it that you are really trying to say here, other than the fact that these counties have really poor book keeping??

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

This.

This partisan deflection is nightmarish to independents, like me.

F*ck voting.

Just nevermind. Open the system to all your cheating two-party politicians and their fraudulent supporters...and disenfranchise eligible independent voters, like me.

Then pat yourself on the back because that's what's you have been convinced is enlightened.

Bleh.

I don't even care to vote anymore anyway. It's a worthless system with all it's vulnerabilities to fraud.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Yes, and that if your conservative The president asking for the information through Mike Pence should not happen. They shouldn't have lists of names and regions with socials at their desposal.

The stuff already available. Is already available.

If you care about people right to vote go pick them up to get an ID.

The right has begun exploiting the poor as well. Usually the working poor.

Like with coal. Come on...let's talk about how you make sure their kids have a different place to work when natural gas dually kills it of. Republicans in some of these states hurting financially need to invite new industry.

If Obama can weaponize the IRS this list should scare you.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier
If you care about people right to vote go pick them up to get an ID.

I've believed that my vote is not secure as long as there have been optical tabulators, electronic voting, and mail-in ballots.

I support FREE ID laws.

Why don't those in charge of legislation? Many Democrats, BTW?

When you get your free ID, at the DMV, what else can you do there???

Hmmm...REGISTER TO VOTE IN PERSON.

Why don't legislators want people to register to vote in person? Instead, we are sold online and mail-in voter registration requiring NO ID, no SS#, and no state-issued ID#/DL#.

Both parties are crap, but Democrats especially do not support free ID laws.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Well and for everyone that ever lost life or limb fighting for the higher idea there you have it. Good ol Californication.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I sear the power of absurdity. Certainly absurd the idea of lose voting registration regulations. The people pushing this should be no where near the heavy equipment at any time or place or at any level.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

I'm going assume this means you concur, Logarock!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join