It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 New Texas Counties Sign 287(g) Agreements with ICE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Your facts are pretty skewed....the data you are using is not a reasonable argument.

6 percent of which work force?

What percent of carpentry?

Electricians and trade labor?

Livestock handling?

Your negating the market value of illegals which is an unfortunate necessity when examining the problem.

I think the scum in Washington should have made a visa program decades ago for an obvious labor and C.P.I./inflation control in the necessary goods market.

Housing and Food the two major ones.

3000 sqft homes with 1/4 of the labor cost.

Produce and food service (places like Tyson had 1000's in one location at times)

They pay 11 billion in property tax. 100's of Billions in sales tax across the states.

Yeah I am with you it shouldn't happen, but it's a massive problem that starts with enabling through employment and employers should have their assets seized when caught to pay for the naturalization process for the families of good people willing to make take the stepsame for citizenship. After that process and a grace period is when hard enforcement is done. After given the chance to get out or sign up.

Walls keep us in as much as them out. Economics is the way to go with intel, and modern surveillance enforcement via the military with modern equipment.

Oh and after that a work visa program for labor shortage shold be simplified.

Ps you could literally go neighborhood by neighborhood in a new development in Texas right now and see how sill this "crackdown" talk is..the courts currently are bogged down with the increase in arrests. Which is a systemic problem of not increasing court expansion (which takes years to do correctly by the way)
edit on 2-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: FrostyFlakes

Good point. I'd forgotten about the feds funding special projects. One things for sure, I'm staying off the roads & highways for the rest of this summer. Way too creepy out there.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

See: tpr.org.../0

SA cops dont check immigration status, but the lying SA officials claim SA isnt a sanctuary city. Then SA joined lawsuit against state for passage of the sanctuary cities bill that would force cities to enforce immigration laws. I live way west of SA, so I dont really care what the breakaway leftist City States do. Considering the size and scope and scale of illegals in Texas, I mean......what difference at this point does it really mean anyway.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

originally posted by: xuenchen

The U.S. isn't their country. That's how it works.

Maybe not. But, who says this land is the "U.S." ?

Have you never read the scriptures?

Mary said to Jesus, "Whom are your disciples like?"

He said, "They are like children who have settled in a field which is not theirs. When the owners of the field come, they will say, 'Let us have back our field.' They (will) undress in their presence in order to let them have back their field and to give it back to them.
-- The Gospel of Thomas #21

So, before pointing fingers at others and claiming they are illegals, one should look in the mirror and ask "Who Am I?".

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

No specifics, 6% of the overall workforce, you pick.

and once again, NO.

Its really simple and very easy to understand. No citizenship, no work.

Now, programs I agree with, this is part of the straregy to make it easier for illegals to get their citizenship.

Yes, employers enable it, hench the crackdown and new regulations, most likely to help deter it.

P.S. There are development projects off culebra and bandera, my cousin works for a development housing project in a low income area, literally asked him a month ago, what about illegals, he said, "hell no, rick had to get rid of the couple he kepted for BS task, he didn't feel like firing them so he lets them take care of off jobs like mowing lawns."

Funny because thats literally some of the few jobs left, landscaping. I see the trucks packed, lol.

I worked for HEB growing up and some of the older mexicanos don't speak english, broken enough, but are still citizens here.

I grew up here. Trust in that I know these folks, but as I get older, as we all do, we realize there are much better alternatives. I may be Hispanic, but I'm also a proud American citizen. Nando is an illegal, lives with my tia rosa, he can patch a truck and mow the lawns. Otherwise, he'a drinking in the shack he lives in out back.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
what is this the adios amigo policy?

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

No its not really simple.

And 6 percent is no where near accurate.

12 -20 million Mexicans is a lot of employed Mexicans.

We lead the west by far in employed illegals.

They are a massive workforce of undocumented workers.

People have made billions avoiding their duty as a company to pay taxes and have safe work conditions. They should have their assets seized.

The practice of employing them would be cut quickly by any large company.

Again why is there no national workers verification system mandatory day one of office?

Because you believe this gimmick.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Been watching this develop as I live in Texas and have on and off almost all of my life, I moved to the coast because we are overrun with illegals here.

Simple:
If they can not work, they won't come and they will self deport; already are. No more claiming a baby for public support without verification...cuts off the free crap they get all day.

Bull#, all of it.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Exactly.

I fear however this is a bipartisan scam. Hence the anger and rhetoric being towards the Mexicans. It's not there fault it's easy as hell to come and work. Now that they are more than 25 percent of entire industries. Like 30 percent or more of roofers for instance, it's a cluster f. A bad season of hail storms and 30 percent less worker is an issue.

To me the bad guys are the government and employers hand in hand here.

ETA and as a carpenter in Texas I would never have made a living on a crew. I had to be a sub who specialized or get paid Mexican wages. It's a massive problem but rounding up people to wait 12 months or more in a jammed up court is not the way to do it.

Arrest a few ceo's seize a few billion for their crimes and you will see a huge change.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

My family has had a full construction company since 1946.

I grew up in it and am not involved at a business level anymore, but I hear the conversations almost daily.

I am old enough to have seen the transition from the early 1980's to the early 1990's in Texas involving construction.
99.9% of all labor was US citizens (construction in Texas) in the early 1980's. That decreased in the 1990's substantially.

We, as a company, moved to highly skilled trades (custom cabinets, crown molding, tile, homes and remodels; home repairs)

Guess what? No illegals. If they are/were found out as illegal, immediate termination. The word got out and they stopped applying in mid 1990's.

The workforce percentages you speak of can be absorbed for assumed losses by US citizens almost overnight.

mg

edit on 2-8-2017 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Overnight? Your increasing cost substancially.

Especially in west cost labor pools where min wage is 15 an hour + ssi, workmans comp, medical, state and local etc...

When you pay an illegal often times it's the base pay which is half of the actual cost of an employee.

For instance when I did cabinet and millwork installs in lake Travis there would be no port potties sometimes, guys would be on crappy ladder Jacks etc....

It would cause a measurable increase in cost to legitimize industries with over 25 percent of the workforce having no regulations or taxes.

Also lots of people not willing to get on 150 degree roofs for peanuts, or spend a day in the fields.

Also just not a lot of skilled carpenters left,..they made it a min wage job, your tools, your truck,..anyone with a brain wouldn't work that hard for 15 an hour as an average journeyman. I sure wouldn't. However my installs were always more difficult because of the lack of skill.

Lots of articles that start like this.

(Reuters) - Where have all the carpenters gone? Home builders across the United States are scratching their heads for an answer as they struggle to assemble crews to keep up with growing demand.

posted on Aug, 2 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arnie123

Thats not a valid business concept. We hire CITIZENS.

We hire more than just Citizens.

Citizens are the most expensive labor force.

It works this way:

1..Hire Citizens and pay the highest wages, must hire Citizens for certain jobs, like Secret Service, some Military etc..

2..Next Hire Permanent Residents and pay slightly lower wage. Also Permanent Residents can't get certain work, like being President of the United States.

3..Next down the pay scale, hire B-1 Visa foreigner workers, aliens to come and work legally in the US.

4..Next hire short term foreign workers, on 1-month or so contracts, to come in and do some work, like work on Film crews making movies.

5..Next down the scale, hire undocumented workers, since they have the least rights, and can be paid the least money to get the same work done.

6..Next, hire foreigners in their own countries, to stay there and do the work, without setting foot in the US, like Indians working in Call Centers in India, pretending to be in the US, and have your customers believe that they are calling help centers located somewhere in the United States, and wondering how all these "foreign accents" are answering the help lines.

7..Next, contract with foreign companies in places like China, Thailand, Indonesia, etc..to use their own labor force to produce the products for your US co, and ship the products over to the United States. Hence pay the absolute least possible, taking advantage of favorable foreign exchange rates..etc..

So..it's a long line of labor force types involved in the production and sale of products and services.

Citizens make up the highest cost sector of the labor force.

edit on 2-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

To your point. The answer is no.

I understand California has issues, if I ran my check book they way California does, I would be in a disastrous and horrible position.

We are training people under skilled crafts men and women for less, and they will make well over 15 an hour when skilled.

Especially in west cost labor pools where min wage is 15 an hour + ssi, workmans comp, medical, state and local etc...

When you pay an illegal often times it's the base pay which is half of the actual cost of an employee.

I am fully aware of the costs of labor.

It would cause a measurable increase in cost to legitimize industries with over 25 percent of the workforce having no regulations or taxes.

Again, I disagree. You are quoting farming percentages (and that is a maybe). Illegals are 5.9% of the labor force.

Also lots of people not willing to get on 150 degree roofs for peanuts, or spend a day in the fields.

General labor is always cheap, period. Roofers make more than peanuts. I know know it you know it.
Legal migrant workers work cheap and don't make it sound as if they are slaves. They are not.

(Reuters) - Where have all the carpenters gone? Home builders across the United States are scratching their heads for an answer as they struggle to assemble crews to keep up with growing demand.

Skilled labor is there.

mg

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: missed_gear

To your point. The answer is no.

I understand California has issues, if I ran my check book they way California does, I would be in a disastrous and horrible position.

We are training people under skilled crafts men and women for less, and they will make well over 15 an hour when skilled.

I am fully aware of the costs of labor.

Again, I disagree. You are quoting farming percentages (and that is a maybe). Illegals are 5.9% of the labor force.

General labor is always cheap, period. Roofers make more than peanuts. I know know it you know it.
Legal migrant workers work cheap and don't make it sound as if they are slaves. They are not.

Skilled labor is there.

mg

Your checkbook probably isn't the 6th largest economy in the world, with the largest tech development center, and shipping ports in the us.

California is doing fine with steady growth in gdp. It's a mess for sure legislative wise, economically it's thriving.

Select industries.

29 percent of roofers, 24 of framers, ...

Hey there are less than 6 percent of the workforce as local police, getting rid of them wouldn't matter right?

The Mexicans are not exactly in luxury items where I see the inevitable.

Roofers make more than peanuts? That proves my point even more now it's double on the books....

I went through my apprenticeship and became a journey man on the east coast, moved to a "right to work state" with no contractors liscence.

Don't tell me conservatives didn't turn a blind eye to let Houston, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas blow up. Love that new property tax revanu.

There were not enough carpenters to match the growth...it's extremely simple. I was literally hired from an add placed in east coast papers to get carpenters.

How about if you can deport a guy who bought his home cash and has worked here quietly for 15 years you can also punish the guys who hired thousands at chicken processing plants. Literally set up stings tomorrow and fine them the money they made illegally to expand the courts.

Unless the real plan is for the private prisons to build units on US soil (via taxpayers ) the courts are going to have to be expanded.
edit on 3-8-2017 by luthier because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
double post
edit on 4-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AMPTAH

Unless the real plan is for the private prisons to build units on US soil (via taxpayers ) the courts are going to have to be expanded.

Lets just agree to build all the US prisons on the US-Mexican border, with one door on the US side, and one door on the Mexican side.

Then, we lock up all prisoners in these prisons, by sending them through the US side doors, and if Mexico wants' they can open the door on their side, and let in whomsoever they want.

Whoever isn't wanted by either side, gets to stay in the border prison, until one side or the other decides their time is up, and they can come back out.

Oh..and the prisoners build and maintain the wall.

Most of the wall, of course, is just the walls of the prison building itself.

edit on 4-8-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join