It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why would North Korea start a war with the United States?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Hello.

Never as a child do I remember a little kid picking a fight with a big bully. It may have happened but I never saw it happen.

Why didn't I ever see it happen?
Obviously the big bully would have pounded the snot out of the little kid, right?

Unless the little kid was smarter than the big bully.

What if the little kid set a trap.

Over confidence can be fatal especially if you're angry.

Why would North Korea pick a fight with the United States?

It makes no sense.
Seriously all other countries are on virtual stand by waiting for the U.S. to pound NK into the ground.

So is it a trap? What do you think?

edit on 28-7-2017 by uwontbelievethis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: uwontbelievethis

I think when you are faced with an inferior opponent like North Korea you should use the minimum force necessary to negate the threat.

I don't think there is any big secret here...their leader has been brainwashed into thinking he is much more than he is and it is our job as a civilized nation to let him down easy and not overreact.
edit on 2017/7/28 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

North Korea's people are starving and taught that the reason their lives are the way they are is because the rest of the world is against them. They come as close as any nation to living 1984.

They have a singular leader who has already assassinated people in his country with dogs and used female assassins injecting nerve agents a la James Bond style killings to bump off his nearest familial rival. What if he's just nuts? He regularly makes it a habit to rub out anyone who might be capable of orchestrating a coup.

Inside such a place, anything could happen, people could believe anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
As long as we keep hassling and instigating them then they'll keep talking tough in response and then maybe just maybe enough people here will green light the war the military industrial complex wants to keeps them factories rolling and the South Korean people will still be scratching their heads like they always do over why "we" wanted a war there so bad when even they were never all that worried about Fat Man the Little Boy Kim otherwise.

edit on 28-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I think NK is being goaded by some other nation and NGO groups.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
They won't. We are told they will to keep us in a state of fear, in the hopes we will be easily manipulated as a result.

It works like a charm.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I hope if, when, we attack we use as little force as necessary.

Do you think he is trying to provoke an attack by us, the U.S., in order to justify the use of nuclear weapons?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: uwontbelievethis
a reply to: Metallicus

I hope if, when, we attack we use as little force as necessary.

Do you think he is trying to provoke an attack by us, the U.S., in order to justify the use of nuclear weapons?

He doesn't have to justify nuclear weapons. His people only know what they are told, and he can tell them whatever he likes. It's been that way for generations in that country. It is very tightly controlled.

Justifying the use of nuclear weapons is a very Western idea.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

A friendly big guy walk's into a pub, he is a gentle soul and not a fighter but can defend himself if pushed.

A little guy with a chip on his shoulder who want's to be a big guy and want's to be seen as tough pick's a fight with the big guy but he fight's dirty and has his friend's help him out.

Usually this scenario goes no further than the little guy using his mouth as a weapon to humiliate the big fellow, the little guy is usually actually the bully in this context but in more martial society's this is not so frequent.

Kim is a fat little guy, the US is a big fellow he want's to pick a fight with or at least make himself look like the victor against and to gain that status he will do anything he can, it used to be the British Empire but these day's the big kid is the US, tomorrow if thing's keep going on as they are it will be China that get's it all the time from tin pot dictator's but they are less humane so those tin pot dictators may not feel so confident about acting that way toward them, there will always be one though.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sorry, what is NGO groups?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

Could be, it does seem to be working.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

If SK puts big propaganda speaker broadcasts over the DMZ they respond with artillery.

Fast Fact: Psychological Warfare is an act of war (as is economic, political, covert, etc.).

So please all do tell what "minor" attacks anyone they loathe can do to them that wont trigger hot open war?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: LABTECH767
A friendly big guy walk's into a pub, he is a gentle soul and not a fighter but can defend himself if pushed.

A little guy with a chip on his shoulder who want's to be a big guy and want's to be seen as tough pick's a fight with the big guy but he fight's dirty and has his friend's help him out.

How is NK picking a fight with US?

Please articulate.

List all of the off shore / border oeprations they've been up to for decades around our borders to intimidate us. And stuff like economic sanctions against us to hurt our people. And stuff like covert operations. And electronic warfare. And assassination plots.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Threatening to launch a nuclear weapon at the west coast. What else do you need?!?

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: uwontbelievethis

originally posted by: xuenchen

Sorry, what is NGO groups?

one example

Some NGOs are fronts for government psyops and deep cover operations.

Some are fronts for international corporations.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Kim wants to be "The Mouse That Roared".

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Warnings aren't threats.

We poke and prod them with ACTUAL threats. We carry out ACTUAL acts of war (economin, political, covert, psychological, etc). They talk tough in response.

And then the MSM calls them "threats".

And then everybody responds to them the same way they respond to our military / media / politicians.

How about you ask yourself WHY they say that kind of stuff. Make a nice list and post your results!

edit on 28-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   

You make a very good point but remember the Threat's they are constantly making to the US, they were never able to back them up but have tried for decades to obtain the ability to do so, if I were the leader of YOUR nation I would also be very worried about this behavior on the part of a tin pot dictatorship like NK imperial (they are not communist they are a dynasty complete with the assassination of other claimant's to the throne) un family.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Frankly I think the only thing standing in the way is the question of how China would react..... friend or foe.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

I don't understand why you say they "warn" us but we "threaten" them.

Are you a politician? You sound like a politician.

"Spin" is that your speciality?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join