It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Looked Left when Trump went Right. the Wall BEGINS

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Always use the data.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: Aazadan

I'd rather see the money from government recycled by farming it out to the private sector, creating jobs for civilians and helping construction contractors prosper. In particular small contractors for whom every day is a struggle for survival.

What you suggest would not be a bad thing though.

Another thought would be to give non-violent prisoners a way to earn an income and learn a trade.

Money that goes to soldiers goes to the private sector regardless as they spend it. It's just a question of if you want military contractors to be the laborers or soldiers. Soldiers cost less and have the additional benefit of being able to fight in a war. Contractors are expensive and squishy.

Non violent prisoners are another thing we could look at but I still like the idea of using our military to build our internal infrastructure. It helps justify having a large domestic presence, which ultimately only helps us be more secure.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I thought Mexico was paying for the wall....

link   

originally posted by: TacSite18

Always use the data.

True true. I was just being lazy.

link   

originally posted by: grey580
a reply to: slider1982

Right... because they don't make and sell ladders in mexico.

Or can figure a way over the wall.

That picture is awesome. The old XJ cherokees can realy go any where stock standard. Jeep should use it for advertising although a new cherokee would have no hope. Don't hold back!

Trump's wall is a ridiculous idea, the traffickers will just end up with more tunnels and advanced ways to get people and exports under or over. Corporates get cheap labour either way they already do from the general populace.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

or criminal gangs having a grip of a new multibillion dollar industry spreading corruption while hiding their continuing crimes in the shadows, smuggling people and leaking customer information to allied criminal organizations in south and central america .

america is not portugal or other european nations and we are less developed in many ways, people like to overlook how backwards we really are compared to europe when making these arguments..

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: TacSite18

Always use the data.

True true. I was just being lazy.

Fast, cheap or good. Pick two.

Side note: Daily/weekly/monthly backups are my drug of choice. Warm, fuzzy and serene...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

The military are paid regardless and that does not help the economy long term as does recycling tax money through contractors in the private sector.

The military ultimately would not be a cost saving measure anyway. Far more goes into the costs than what the soldiers earn. IMO they are best left to train for their real purpose rather than going into the construction business and the government waste is breathtaking in scope. The private sector always, always is the cheapest route.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

Even so if you crack down on that, they would just take advantage of the still porous border. If you plug up three out of four mouse holes, the mice just use the remaining one. All ways they take advantage of need to be addressed.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: namehere

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

That's because it's still illegal, federally... can't bank and always at risk. Full legalization would cut the black market off at the knees.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Ehang 184.
i.ytimg.com...

The new illegal alien transport to conquer the Trump wall.

Takes 5 minutes to hop the wall.

Step 1: Just drive a UHAUL Truck up to the border.
Step 2: Unload the Drone.
Step 3: Use your iPhone to pull up google maps to select where you'd like the Drone to fly.
Step 4: Collect the fee from your undocumented passenger $500 USD to hop the wall.
Step 5: Load up the Drone with your undocumented Mexican migrant.
Step 6: Press GO.
Step 7: About 5 min later your Mexican is over the wall, and unloads himself from the Drone
Step 8: Press RETURN.
Step 9: Drone comes back to Mexican side of border and Lands.
Step 10: Re-load the Drone back into the UHAUL Truck and drive away with your $500 bucks for 15 min of work.

New enterprises will pop up all along the wall.

edit on 28-7-2017 by AMPTAH because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

If there were full unfettered access to drugs, what would stop the flow from reversing itself and the problem becoming trafficking drugs from the US to other countries?

Organized crime like the cartels wont suddenly just go to school and find regular jobs, they will continue to use the border like an open gate for whatever they replace their current contraband with it seems to me. Imagine the lure of a place to buy drugs without worry of being arrested and marketing them in countries where they are not.
edit on 7/28/2017 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

So throwing their hands up in the air and just letting it be a free for all because organized crime is creative is an answer?

Not to mention that human trafficking involves items that can't be transported by something like that and the fact that we have ways to detect things in the air easily. Imagine being shot down in that thing the moment you enter the US.

Securing the borders is clearly a multifaceted endeavor. All avenues should be addressed and its no doubt best if they are addressed at the same time.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catscratch
www.seattletimes.com...< br />

It appears while fighting healthcare reform bills on Obamacare, they Democrats lost sight of Trump's plans to Build a Wall and failed to act.
Meanwhile Trump supporters managed to pass a Titanic Cash Cow to his Military and Wall, which allowed him to make good on both his claim to make the US military the most powerful in the world and his campaign to build a wall.

Interesting.

www.google.com...://m.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DwxF5bfVofkk&ved=0ahUKEwiM-vC9zazVAhWKw4MKHVMYCy8QtwIIJTAA&usg=A FQjCNGWv1yGD1ZEV36mXESFQC9fKQGISw

I also seem to remember a big celebratory event held in the White House Rose Garden back when the House of Representatives passed their ObamaCare repeal and as of last night, we all know how that turned out.

Just because the House passed funding for the wall doesn't mean squat. It just means that the alt-right got their way again.

It's far from being a settled issue or a funded wall.

Oh yeah I almost forgot, we already had and continue to have the most powerful military in the world, several times over.

And......Draft dodging Donald Trump sure as hell ain't the one who made it that way!

Trump is fraud, plain & simple.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Flatfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Catscratch

Doesn't this have to go to Congress now? Also, isn't that "wall money" already set aside for the current wall/fence repairs and upgrades, and not for building Trump's wall, per say?

Just FYI: The southern border wall started (signed) with Bush "W".

Homeland security stopped progression on it, because what they were trying was not working - - or cost effective.

It is not Trump's wall.

I agree with you - - - all this hoopla that Trump is building this Bigly wall - - - means nothing if it doesn't get approved.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:44 PM
link   
The title was never intended to claim that anything is finished or happening. Only that it's now something they intend go through. The open interpretation method in which I wrote was meant to draw attention to this event in order to generate awareness followed by discussion.

Thank you all for your share ideas, and continue as you were. Just thought I would clear that up

edit on 28-7-2017 by Catscratch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: Catscratch

Doesn't this have to go to Congress now? Also, isn't that "wall money" already set aside for the current wall/fence repairs and upgrades, and not for building Trump's wall, per say?

I would but cant answer these questions right now. I have been forced down into a position where I am holding my ankles over zip zero screw McCain ect up the azz over health care costs and dumbasses complaining about potty mouth when the american publics got it huge in rectum.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555

So throwing their hands up in the air and just letting it be a free for all because organized crime is creative is an answer?

Nah..organized crime is the only one with the cash to buy those Drones to get into the USA now, when the Wall is Built.

So, you're skewing the immigrants that come in, favoring the high power criminal element over the common worker bee.

You don't need a Wall, just better trade and investment policies.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I'm actually all for the idea that we need an easy legal path for those who want to work here and have an employer willing to hire them. I'd like to see that taken out of the equation completely.

Still though, I'm not really opposed to the Wall. I like the cover all bases approach.

This is just one of those things where logic and working towards a real solution will never happen. It's too powerful of a tool for those who want to divide to control. As long as it's an emotion driven campaign issue, nothing will ever be done right and no problems solved by either side.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join