It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate goes ahead with Obamacare repeal without replacement

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

1: we have people in office like Pelosi, schumer, McConnell, who have been around a long time and only ever screwed things up and people still vote for them. You have a lot of faith in the people to get off their butts pay attention and actually vote.

Yeah, well that's our system and that's how it works though. That's the whole point. That we have a system that we have the power to change collectively. Sure it requires people to get involved but that's the way it works. At least we can change things though.

2: In the free market I can move to another provider if the people I have suck, if the Fed controls it I am stuck with the suck. (speaking as a vet watching 22 a day commit suicide because the Va is that bad in most places)

one additional point; Once the Fed gets their red tape loving bureaucratic mitts on something getting them to let go is nearly impossible so even if we vote people out of office the Fed will still be dorking up the healthcare.

That's why we make it so they share the same care with everyone else. There's not reason why they should all be on some separate elite plan that nobody else has anyway. If they have the same care as the people they have some skin in the game too.
edit on 29-7-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join