It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate goes ahead with Obamacare repeal without replacement

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
a reply to: namehere

No to a direct democracy.

I do not want to live under a majority rules system I want my freedom protect by my constitutional rights.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

i didn't imply such and the rest of the constitution would still be untouched, it would still be a republic but it would extend the checks and balances to include the people in the process too, i'm not suggesting anything to allow the people to have all the power alone.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

So you don't want decent healthcare because every single payer system around the world is better and cheaper then the US system.

I get great care now with no lines and I don't have to settle for second rate doctors because of Government involvement. Your problem is you think that because you want Government to take care of you that we all do.

I don't need or want Government interference in my life.

edit on 2017/7/19 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: namehere
a reply to: toysforadults

i didn't imply such and the rest of the constitution would still be untouched, it would still be a republic but it would extend the checks and balances to include the people in the process too, i'm not suggesting anything to allow the people to have all the power alone.

The problem is we don't have Washington, Jefferson, Johnson etc to make intelligent decisions. We have Clinton, Bush and Obama. We are way better off with what we have than what these idiots would do to us.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51
a reply to: allsee4eye

at this point they need to kill it ASAP just so the populace knows they are serious.

And to squash the indecision and problems that the entire insurance market is facing concerning their plans and rates for this upcoming open season.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I think that the real problem isn't that they "don't want to fix anything," it's that they truly don't think that government intervention in the healthcare/insurance industry is an appropriate thing. But, the fact of the matter is that now that some people (mainly Progressives) have it in their head that it's the government's job to dick with healthcare/insurance, since it's been the norm for seven years now, the Republicans realize that they "should" replace it with something so that all of those independent voters think that they care.

But I agree with the notion that the federal government has no place in controlling or mandating much when it comes to healthcare/insurance, so quite honestly, I hope that they repeal it and don't replace it. Now, if they want to expand Medicaid in a way to aid those with pre-existing conditions or do something similar that doesn't mess with the majority of people's health insurance or who their doctors are, that'd be a decent approach to take, but an all-encompassing system administered by the inept federal government is not a very promising approach to the subject, as proven by the last 7 or so years.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Wonderful. This is great news. I hope this bill goes through. Obama Care must die.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

after all you have seen how can you trust government at all?

It seems like we trust the government with enough nuclear bombs to destroy all human life? Why not give them a shot with single payer? The US govt already controlled the biggest share of health care BEFORE the ACA. With no ACA cost would have increased at a greater rate.

edit on 19-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: sp

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults
I'm tired of funding everybodies free # I want the %30+ of my paycheck back so I can determine my own future!

Sorry to tell you, but that will never happen. If it makes you feel any better, I paid over $40K in federal taxes last year.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: testingtesting

So you don't want decent healthcare because every single payer system around the world is better and cheaper then the US system.

I get great care now with no lines and I don't have to settle for second rate doctors because of Government involvement. Your problem is you think that because you want Government to take care of you that we all do.

I don't need or want Government interference in my life.

Then you have no use for the social contract? Then I suggest you become a hermit and go take care of yourself. No more roads, school, police, hospitals, doctors, etc. If you want out of the social contract that makes all these things possible, fine. Just don't expect any of the advantages that come with living in society.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I think that the real problem isn't that they "don't want to fix anything," it's that they truly don't think that government intervention in the healthcare/insurance industry is an appropriate thing. But, the fact of the matter is that now that some people (mainly Progressives) have it in their head that it's the government's job to dick with healthcare/insurance, since it's been the norm for seven years now, the Republicans realize that they "should" replace it with something so that all of those independent voters think that they care.

But I agree with the notion that the federal government has no place in controlling or mandating much when it comes to healthcare/insurance, so quite honestly, I hope that they repeal it and don't replace it. Now, if they want to expand Medicaid in a way to aid those with pre-existing conditions or do something similar that doesn't mess with the majority of people's health insurance or who their doctors are, that'd be a decent approach to take, but an all-encompassing system administered by the inept federal government is not a very promising approach to the subject, as proven by the last 7 or so years.

The federal government, though medicare and medicade has been the biggest played in the US heath care industry for over 35 years, not just the last 7. They are involved.

On top of that each state has its own regulation, and that havs been around for more then 100 years. Not just 7.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: allsee4eye

"Senate goes ahead with Obamacare repeal without replacement"

Well.

One can only hope.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TacSite18

you make these statements and want to give the government more control?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Many republicans are against euthanasia, but they'll happily put Obamacare out of its misery.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

you make these statements and want to give the government more control?

The government already has control of the health care industry - they have had for over 35 years. They are the biggest payers, through medicare, medicade, VA, and other means, and were doing this before ACA.

Insurance companies take about 20% off the top to administer heath care, and do so at a profit to pad out CEO pay at millions of dollars.

As a comparison, Medicade is administred at about 1%, and the highest paid person is well below $250K, with most making less then $100k.

Who do you want to have your money - a CEO who denies your claim to pad his golden retirement and make stock holders millions, or some middle class americans who take home a paycheck each week, have no motivation to deny you coverage, and spend their money in your community.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah
Wonderful. This is great news. I hope this bill goes through. Obama Care must die.

I agree. Obamacare is dying a painful death all on it's own. End the suffering is the best thing, not add a bandaid here and there! That will only drag out pain and suffering for all involved.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

OK... so you just want them to have full control?

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

dont worry the democrats will fix it!

The Democrats aren't going to fix sh*t.
Well, really...why should they? One of the major reasons that Trump was elected was his promise of cheap, effective universal health care. That puts it on him...not the Dems. How much money and time did the Republicans spend on trying to repeal the ACA during Obama's terms? How long have they had to formulate the perfect system for deserving Americans? Collectively, they are the dog that caught the car. I hope they have an inkling of how feeble and hypocritical they have revealed themselves to be. Yup...it's on them.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

LOL. Yeah people elected Trump for cheap universal health care.

Sure they did.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

OK... so you just want them to have full control?

I don't know what you mean by "full control." I guess you are making it sound scary.

Look, I pay $18,000 a year medical, dental and eyes a year for a family of 4. My oldest son is in the military, so his medical is free, but I keep him on my plan because for my plan it does not matter if you have 1 for 18 children,you pay the same. He is due to get out next year, so he will still be insured.

If you raise my federal taxes $18,000 a year in medicare/medicade taxes, and I cancel my insurance, it would be a wash. Actually, it would put me in a lower tax bracket. So I wind up saving money.

If I could opt into that I would. Does that mean I would be prevented from buying additional supplementary insurance? No. Does it mean that I would be prevented from going to Costa Rica to get treatment? NO. Does it mean that government officials would force me to see NAZI doctors? No.

Look at how medicare and medicade is administered. Simply ramp that up. The processes and procedures are in place. CMMI would most likely have to hire more people, and buy some additional IBM zSeries Mainframes to handle the workload, but I would rather see middle class americans managing the payment process for my heath care then a bunch of for-profit millionaires to have a real incentive ($$$$$) to deny my claims
edit on 19-7-2017 by TacSite18 because: sp

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join