It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40,000 minks released from Minnesota fur farm by animal rights activists

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Cold logic isn't always the right way, IMHO. Machines are logical, no humanity.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: ketsuko

My perspective. It's not about making myself feel better. I'm a big boy. My politics are based on my experience, 50 years thereof, and not about living in a fantasy world. But if that makes you feel better, well have at it.

I'm not sure what else to call it when you basically accuse your political opponents of having no emotion. That's basically ad hominem of the finest sort.

I'm glad you think I have no heart.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Yes, it is far better to let the 40,000 minks starve, drown, get hit by a car or get eaten by another larger animal.

If I were an leftist animal loving know it all animal rights group, I would start to try to change people's mind about using mink products. (good luck with that)

Who says they are leftists?
Why did this need to become political?
Why can't right wing nut jobs be the culprit?

Maybe it's just crazy people not some form of political wing, ever think of that?
God some of these labelers that have plagued ats make me cringe so hard... When did this turn into /pol/?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Machines don't feel anger at slights or joy at victories, though. You also can't deny that greed is an emotion.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Please let's at least act like we have had exposure to any of this type of drivel in the past from news stories.

It will be a earth first type of org. You want to wish it was a Righty, I'm ok. But generally this type of poop is pulled by lefty's.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Generally animal rights activists are people who have anthropomorphized animals to the point where they act as though they are or might as well be human beings. It's an extremely illogical, emotional position and generally wrong.

Animals are not people. The great apes can come the closest, but behaving as though they are liberating these mink basically just signed their death warrants because the mink are not people and are not habitutated to the wild they now find themselves in and even if they were, that many released all at once drastically overloaded the local ecosystem so they'd starve.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Please let's at least act like we have had exposure to any of this type of drivel in the past from news stories.

It will be a earth first type of org. You want to wish it was a Righty, I'm ok. But generally this type of poop is pulled by lefty's.

No I don't. When did I say that?

I am simply pointing out that people here are so quick to jump at the chance to yell leftists. It's becoming rather annoying. No group has even taken responsibility. Talk about assumptions.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Thanks for letting me know what I already know. But you didn't answer my question.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Can you show me any example from history of a right wing animal rights activist?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

First of all, I don't consider you my political opponent as I am not running for office. I don't consider myself right or left. On any given subject I may lean one way or the other based upon my very particular viewpoint. I don't call you heartless. I may not have been artful in my world choice. To me the extreme right tend to eliminate the emotional to a level that I don't agree with in many topics. For example, I'm pro-life, but I would never protest in front of an abortion clinic. I would never call a person going there for services a baby killer. Certainly this is not a new idea and I would assume you've heard this criticism before.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:41 PM
link   

I don't think greed is an emotion, I think it is a character defect, like lust or gluttony.

All humans are emotional to some extent. However, in dealing with political issues, IMHO, the right tend to disregard human emotions on a level that often disagree with. On the other hand, like the OP says, the left too often think emotionally which leads to the primrose path to hades.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Can you show me any example from history of a right wing animal rights activist?

That's irrelevant. Point is, why does every thread need to be bash the left? Why did some animal lovers who took it to far need to be put into a political wing?

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   

No I don't. When did I say that?

I am simply pointing out that people here are so quick to jump at the chance to yell leftists. It's becoming rather annoying. No group has even taken responsibility. Talk about assumptions.

I also check the mail box, I know the mail will be there.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I know what you're saying. I would be willing to bet the people involved here were young folks being organized by someone much more worldly. I can't defend what occurred here though.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

You call it a character defect, yet it is the sole driving force that has created everything we see around us AND the primary impetus behind our survival as a species. Greed places 100% of the value of success and 100% the cost of failure squarely on whoever steps up to the plate to take the swing.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

That's irrelevant. Point is, why does every thread need to be bash the left? Why did some animal lovers who took it to far need to be put into a political wing?

Wrong topic to fight that battle in, dude. You just picked a topic in which literally EVERY past incident of assininity involving "saving the animals" has stemmed from some granola loving leftist.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Agreed that it could be anyone. However, I think we can agree that MOST animal rights activists tend to be left leaning.

I also take your criticism about politicizing this to heart. I actually thought about editing shortly after posting and eliminating that part but I thought it wouldn't be a very good post without it.

I'll keep it in mind in the future as I share some of your concerns. Thanks for responding.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

I disagree completely. Survival does not equal greed. Many, many people base their success not on the amount of material acquisitions but on their ability to achieve their goals. Great inventors, scientists, spiritual leaders, and political leaders do not begin by being motivated by overwhelming material acquisition.

Saying that greed put 100% cost of failure on the person at plate is complete bs. This is right wing clap trap that ignores all of the corporate welfare our country dishes out. Why can't we sue vaccine companies anymore? Who paid for the lost 3 trillion dollars the Pentagon can't find? What about the money pissed away on the latest greatest weapon system that never gets completed? There's so many more example of how greedy corporations have destroyed the environment and human lives without paying the full cost.
edit on 18-7-2017 by TobyFlenderson because: typo

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You guys can post what ever you want.
But I keep seeing a consistent trend around here, where all left ideologies are demonized and right ideologies are glorified.
Even to th point where dawinwism was mentioned...
Why is that?
I understand that letting these little creatures go is harmful for them and the environment.
But the actions of a small group of people should not encompass everyone who is libertarian and beyond in the left.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Typical Leftists.

They have no problem killing babies, but OMG the rodents!

Seriously, how about everyone stay out of everyone else's business.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join