It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a Man Ever Be One OF The Girls

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

Don't get me started on the that topic, been there. With 2 kids and being told there was no way I could be primary custodial parent. Even though I wasn't the one drinking like a fish 24/7.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: putnam6

Dazed and confused
m.youtube.com...
edit on 18-7-2017 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
The whole time reading your op I was picturing a national geographic narrator and a typical bar scene.

Good job

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

I feel for you; alls "unfair in love & war" when children are used in a tug or war.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ConscienceZombie

hahaha - my eyes read NatGeo but my mind thought David Attenborough -strange

at 0:42 he says " sometimes they even allow others to join in " funny in the context of my opning post

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

David knows the score

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
I don't know. I've never had an experience like that when talking with groups of women before.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: violet

Dazed and confused
m.youtube.com...

Loved watching that thank you. Is that from the Song Remains the Same movie?

Zeppelin basically the first albums I bought cd's of, then they were the first tracks purchased for my ipod, and the first to go on my smartphone lol. well that and Pink Floyd. Listen to all kinds of music but only a few artists are timeless. Who hasn't listened to Communication Breakdown and Babe Im Gonna Leave You with extra meaning when you are in the midst of or about to break up.

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Well I must be much older. My first purchase were records lol. Those big things you needed a needle to play.The song was on their debut album with the zeppelin on the cover . Not sure if that clip was from the movie song remains the same though

Another take on it, check out the Jimmy Page using the bow on the guitar

posted on Jul, 18 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
a reply to: violet
Was just trying to funny on my original post btw.

I must have worded that wrong, I had the almost all the albums too, just they were such favorites that I bought the cd's when the technology became affordable. so and so on.but yea very familiar with Dazed and Confused. Think my sisters had it first on Zeppelin 1 who can forget the cover,and thats where i heard it, then became a fan. Love all the albums of course Physical Graffiti top shelf but Houses of the Holy probably still the top for me.

LOL had few 8 tracks, but spent forever transferring vinyls to cassettes so I could listen in "my ride". LOL just a couple of years ago as all the kids in our family were getting in their teen to late teen years my sister bought all 7 of them that new Zeppelin hits cd, and yea they all loved it both genders.

But getting back to the OP's original premise. It comes down to how you were brought up. My dad was old school we were brought to to respect your parents and generally punishment was meted out fairly and without regard to gender. if nothing else my older sisters ran the gauntlet first so by the time i was a rebellious teenager my folks had relaxed a bit. But I'll never forget my Dad always telling us to always take care of each other. We were equals in the household, but a long with you never hit a girl caveat.

Now in the real world i work in a field that has loads of women in it, and most are every bit as smart, hardworking,diligent and ethical as the best men. A lot even more so, but i never have felt uneasy in a group of them, regardless if they are younger or older, a boss or employee. Guess I got my parents and sisters to thank for that. Ive always been comfortable in my own skin, in groups regardless of gender. Men are generally more direct and its easier to get a feel for where you stand. Sometimes with women you have to ask questions, listen to answers and maintain eye contact sort of like when approaching an animal in the woods. Where most guys will let you know they aren't happy with something,my experience is some women will act like everything is normal but will find out through the grapevine that they we upset about something. Neither approach is right or wrong, its just different.
edit on 18-7-2017 by putnam6 because: wording

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   

I was a huge fan of led zeppelin as a teenager. Brings back such fun memories. Sadly all my albums were stored downstairs where it flooded. All the covers got wrecked. The physical graffiti album was so cool with the slide out insert of all the Windows . Kashmir is my favourite on that one. Robert Plant has an intoxicating voice.

Back to the OP.
I'm a girl and it's funny, I have always felt more at ease amongst a group of men. I prefer a male doctor, male nurse. I just find men for the most part easier to deal with. I've never liked those girly things like chick flicks, ladies night out.

Mind you I wouldn't marry one again lol.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think sometimes people (women and men alike) can sense when the person joining the circle has prejudices and expects to argue beforehand.

It's really strange how easily people can be subtly influenced to respond exactly as you expect them to.
Thus, your mileage may vary....

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Thats what I miss is the albums, the covers the liner notes, used to hit the Turtles record store early when a new album came out. Robert Plant is fantastic Pictures at Eleven was one of those albums i bought the day it hit the stores Now and Zen was pretty good and I even like his duet with Allison Krause Gone,Gone,Gone( LOL funny how some of my favorites are break up songs LOL) .Lost all my albums while moving left them two big boxes somewhere. Really dig the the tribute by Ann and Nancy Wilson at the Kennedy Center, those ladies could rock too Barracuda

Its all about common courtesy and mutual respect till someone gives me a reason to change my mind. Think we have lost that a little bit as a society. So much prejudging going on instead of really listening to others and really trying to see their point of view, instead of trying to convince them your way is right. Yea tried the high maintenance girly girls a few times, but that can lose its luster quick. Got to find those that you can enjoy being with through the day to day life, thats not all that easy either, especially as you get older.

edit on 19-7-2017 by putnam6 because: bad link

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Ah , yes Heart - Baracuda. Another one of my teen songs. Saw them several times in concert and before they were famous they played at our high school dance in kamloops BC.
I wish I'd seen led zeppelin live.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

LOL i can talk music all night LOL. That must have been something to have them at high school dance..really cool.

I try and go see the old bands (even the ones I marginally liked) before they aren't around anymore. Saw Bob Seger a few years ago he was still pretty good. Got to see the Eagles twice before Glenn Frey passed away, always a good show. Steve Miller could still bring it, though he got some help on the vocals. Haven't been to a concert recently though, need check who is coming to town. When i was a kid and young adult Id go see whoever I could afford to go see. Aeorsmith was awful but that was like 1980 or so, ZZ Top, Rush,AC DC, Van Halen and Judas Priest all had killer shows. No immediate online ticket sales you would be camping out to get tickets and it was sometimes just as much fun as the concerts themselves.. lol good times...

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 04:51 AM
link   
I don't hang out with groups of girls. Husband and I are best mates and do everything together. Some people might not agree to that but it has worked for a quarter f a century for us and we are going strong.
Apart from that, if I am amongst a group of women and my husband turns up I am always on his side if they try and talk stupid girly talk and slag men off.
Can't stand that.

Husband is capable of just joining and we all talk normal stuff. Including men's and women's taboo subjects.

When I am amongst a horde of males, I can also hold my own and they have never held back because I was present. On teh contrary.

So the OP seems alien to me. I don't know situations like that apart from people I would normally not hang out with [work colleagues for example].

This makes me think that the women or men OP talks about are not people I would normally associate with. They exist, oh I know they do, but it is almost as if in those circles jokes are made to the expense of the opposite sex because it seems expected. I hate that.

I guess this secrecy not to let a male in when talking women's stuff could also stem from the fact that a lot of women are still treated different from men or can't say what they like to say at home. Maybe they have an angry partner that doesn't let them. We are still weaker physically and being still just mammals deep down, it could be a protective practice.

Sometimes men and women need to be secretive, it could be psychologically liberating for some.
I think each case is different and not everyone is like that. It's only certain people. Male and female that do this.

posted on Jul, 19 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666

Thanks for your detailed contribution.

I don't hang out with groups of girls. Husband and I are best mates and do everything together. Some people might not agree to that but it has worked for a quarter f a century for us and we are going strong.

Same here as to how we normally hang out, with wife of 27 years and best friends.

So the OP seems alien to me. I don't know situations like that apart from people I would normally not hang out with [work colleagues for example]. This makes me think that the women or men OP talks about are not people I would normally associate with. They exist, oh I know they do, but it is almost as if in those circles jokes are made to the expense of the opposite sex because it seems expected. I hate that.

In all fairness, we distanced ourselves from that group. It was a social setting of friends (not friends from work).
I guess emotional intelligence comes in different flavours depending on what sub-set demographic we find ourselves in. Alcohol and the relaxing of the mouth plays a big factor, both by the "intruder" into the circle and the circle players. I rarely drink so maybe I'm expecting forthrightness rather than evasive agenda driven discourse

I guess this secrecy not to let a male in when talking women's stuff could also stem from the fact that a lot of women are still treated different from men or can't say what they like to say at home. Maybe they have an angry partner that doesn't let them.

This is very insightful - thanks again for your thought.

edit on 19-7-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join