It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New GOP health bill lacks the votes to pass

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:18 PM
link   
thehill.com...

7 years of complaining and not even close.

GOP Sens. Jerry Moran (Kansas) and Mike Lee (Utah) announced on Monday night they will not support taking up a bill repealing and replacing ObamaCare, effectively blocking the legislation. "This closed-door process has yielded the [bill], which fails to repeal the Affordable Care Act or address healthcare’s rising costs. For the same reasons I could not support the previous version of this bill, I cannot support this one," Moran said in a statement.

No excuses for this republican congress.
The next question is,now what?
edit on 17-7-2017 by buckwhizzle because: Replaced title,other one was still better

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: buckwhizzle

I'm not surprised. Spineless. They passed it how many times while Obama was president?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Go for a straight repeal, make it a public vote. Let the states decide.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I guess it's time for The Rednecks health care bill:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I would have liked to have put this in the Rant forum.There are so many expletives I woud like to use right now.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Mods I forgot about the following thread,please close if necessary.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I knew the repeal would fail. I think the answer is in finding a way to have incentive(s) for Obamacare not get rid of it. Our Capitalist system works because of incentives yet the ACA doesn't have any incentives for potential applicants. Honestly, who wants to pay more in health insurance so that others can get healthy?

Incentives could be something like:

Or something similar. Agree, ATS?

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   
The Republicans want to get re elected in 18. This bill as it stands would sink their chances. They are on shakey ground even now.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

I completely agree with your incentive program ideas - the problem is the parasitic bureaucrats and legislators only givaf*ck about their constituents and "sponsors", AKA the real string pullers.

McCutcheon versus the Federal Election Commission in 2014 was like a shot to the metaphorical "heart" of democracy. As soon as this case set precedent, dollar bills essentially became votes on a LEGAL level and the lobbyists and private interest groups now have a stranglehold on the primary & very largest income stream, the US masses via bought-and-paid for politicians who use wordmagic and falsification to trick the public into believing they are for "your" cause.

When dollar bills are more powerful than the individuals who are supposed to be using those dollars for daily commerce.. you have lost the true meaning of a "republic" and an elite few can suppress the other 95% into submission and lifelong servitude. This is what we are seeing now in the West. We are on the advent of a major paradigm shift... I believe we will come out on the other side still alive so-to-speak, but many superficial belief systems will need to die with the old world as a result of this transition into the next "era". I feel that we will be seeing this drastic civilization-wide shift take place in the next 5-10 years, but who really knows. As Robert Nesta Marley said... Time will tell

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Honestly, who wants to pay more in health insurance so that others can get healthy?

Me and every other human with a heart.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

I completely agree with your incentive program ideas - the problem is the parasitic bureaucrats and legislators only givaf*ck about their constituents and "sponsors", AKA the real string pullers.

McCutcheon versus the Federal Election Commission in 2014 was like a shot to the metaphorical "heart" of democracy. As soon as this case set precedent, dollar bills essentially became votes on a LEGAL level and the lobbyists and private interest groups now have a stranglehold on the primary & very largest income stream, the US masses via bought-and-paid for politicians who use wordmagic and falsification to trick the public into believing they are for "your" cause.

When dollar bills are more powerful than the individuals who are supposed to be using those dollars for daily commerce.. you have lost the true meaning of a "republic" and an elite few can suppress the other 95% into submission and lifelong servitude. This is what we are seeing now in the West. We are on the advent of a major paradigm shift... I believe we will come out on the other side still alive so-to-speak, but many superficial belief systems will need to die with the old world as a result of this transition into the next "era". I feel that we will be seeing this drastic civilization-wide shift take place in the next 5-10 years, but who really knows. As Robert Nesta Marley said... Time will tell

Thanks for the response! It's an unfortunate reality we live in; trapped by Corporate interests. I agree with you that there are major changes coming sooner rather than later.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Honestly, who wants to pay more in health insurance so that others can get healthy?

Me and every other human with a heart.

Too bad Capitalism doesn't require people to have hearts.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac

Go for a straight repeal, make it a public vote. Let the states decide.

Even though I completely agree as someone who has lived the ACA (and it hasnt been Obamacare since just after passing as Obama requested Pelosi to remove his name , remember ?) that cant happen. Obama made sure it was deeply embedded in "Interstate Trade" to prevent just that. After all , he was an "Unconstitutional Scholar".

top topics

join