It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Pro Golfers Are No Longer Allowed Freedom of Attire.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: carewemust

Most sports have dress codes or even uniforms.

I fail to see any issue here.

Agreed.

My brother-in-law is vice-captain of his golf club where they have a strict dress code at all times. Also, their presentations and any functions/events are all strictly evening dress for both sexes. Membership is several grand a year. I've heard them say that high membership fees and strict dress-code rules 'keeps the riff-raff out'.

You could be proven the Saint Michael re-incarnated in the living flesh but if you don't have any money you're just a POS bum.

Just a bunch of pretentious rich snobs with superiority complexes that only have respect for a person's money.

Leave em to it I say.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I always thought the image of golf was that it was a 'high class' game. Professional sports leagues having a dress code and maintainning an image seems pretty normal to be.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   

What are you whining about?
Men can't show their ass while playing golf either. The organisation sets it's own rules as any other organisation does, start your own scantily clad golf organisation if you don't like LPGA rules.
Lame thread, why are you not whining as well that men can't show their ass on golf courses?

Are you being sexist? Do you not care that male golfers are prohibited from showing their asses?
Come on, equality.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:25 AM
link   
If women want to show their butts they can play Lingere football.
Every other sport, men and women's have dress codes for on and off the field.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Im a golfer and golf has always had weird dress code rules. I have been told many times at different "public courses" that I could not play without a collared shirt .

They wouldnt take my money and let me play in a tee-shirt. Lost and lots of courses are like this.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Does anyone even watch golf?

I might consider turning into that paint drying affair if the women were wearing lingerie on the course. Maybe.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

Agreed, same in my part of the world, and pretty much most golf clubs.
The OP is just whining that women can't show their cleavage or ass, or wear ripped jeans. Neither can men. No discrimination, just rules of an organisation.
Nobody is forced to play golf under the rules of the organisation.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
That's crap. Let them dress like whores if that's what they want. Golf is not a situation where ass and titties is going to give an unfair advantage.

Perhaps no unfair advantage, but it could go a long way to making it much more of a spectator sport!

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is garbage! Golf is already the most boring "sport" on TV. Now no plunging necklines or short skirts? What's the point?

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Aren't there dress codes for men already?

Another wa to title this thread would be - women achieve equality in golf...or even better, women lose special priviliges in golf.

There'll come a point in the not-too-distant future where we'll see a movement that wants to do away with equal rights because it's not the blessing it appears on first glance...few positives and a bunch of hidden negatives that weren't anticipated.

I think it's actually a good idea, remember the film Happy Gilmour and how the loutish behaviour made a mockery of the game? Not that I'm a fan, still...I always saw golf, tennis also...as snobby, pretentious sports. And it simply won't do if people are dressing all kinda kinky and what have you.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Another wa to title this thread would be - women achieve equality in golf...or even better, women lose special priviliges in golf.

There'll come a point in the not-too-distant future where we'll see a movement that wants to do away with equal rights because it's not the blessing it appears on first glance...few positives and a bunch of hidden negatives that weren't anticipated.

I think it's actually a good idea, remember the film Happy Gilmour and how the loutish behaviour made a mockery of the game? Not that I'm a fan, still...I always saw golf, tennis also...as snobby, pretentious sports. And it simply won't do if people are dressing all kinda kinky and what have you.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gr8skott
That's crap. Let them dress like whores if that's what they want. Golf is not a situation where ass and titties is going to give an unfair advantage.

That's not true. It's a distraction that can cause opponent golfers to lose their aim on a swing.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: LungFuMoShi

You expressed exactly how I feel about this. Male golfers have restrictions by their governing organisation regarding dress code so why the OP is whining I have no idea.
Nobody is forced to play golf under L/PGA rules, don't like it then form a new organisation or play the game on municipal courses as I do, can even take a few beers there.

On a wider 'social issues' scale women have always had some crazy exception with dress code. I'm all for equality, men in offices forced to wear neck ties and shirts while women can wear plunging neck blouses showing cleavage. WTF is that all about. The same women who will shout "Harassment!" if a male dares to even glance at the exposed flesh.

This thread OP is lame, and any women bitching that they can't show their ass when men aren't allowed to either are also lame.
There is absolutely no reason for women to have different 'exposed flesh' rules to men other than blatant sexism on the part of those who call for it.
edit on 15-7-2017 by InceyWincey because: spelling

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

"Dress code" seems to be a big deal this month, in our land of plenty, where everyone is looking for a past-time.

Even the Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, says that the Congressional dress code needs changing. He wants women to be able to show their UPPER ARMS and TOES.

""Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said Thursday that he will work with the House sergeant-at-arms to update and modernize the dress code in the chamber and Speaker's lobby after complaints about how the rules are being enforced.

Some female Capitol Hill journalists have recently been barred from entering the Speaker's lobby, the private hallway connected to the House chamber, because they were wearing sleeveless dresses or open-toed shoes.""

Full Article Here: thehill.com...

edit on 7/15/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Why exactly should women be allowed to have open toe shoes when men can't?
Do they have some different genetics where their feet need to be exposed?
If women can show their toes in an office/business environment then for equality men must be allowed to wear beach flip flops.
See how ridiculous this female argument is? Why show cleavage, why show toes?

Oh the irony of women campaigning to show their flesh in a working environment while crying "Harassment!" if a male dares to glance at it.
No, equal rules for all, no #ing need to show your flesh off at work, but if you feel there is a need then the rules must be applied equally to males and females.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Female Pro Golfers have a new dress code? Aw shucks! Now we have to tune in to lesbian pro volleyball an socker players to see some skin? Dad burn it all! I was just starting to think golf was a sport too! Did you ask them if it was okay to call them female?

edit on 15-7-2017 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
Did you ask them if it was okay to call them female?

No, they call them ladies, another ridiculously outdated term for people who identify as female.
Whining that they can't show their asses or wear ripped jeans when male golfers equally cannot do the same if they want to walk out on the green. The OP is lame, but for some reason the thread author is not prepared to defend their reasons why they think males and females should have different dress codes decided by a sports governing body.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DAVID64
I think they're trying to make the ladies look more professional, instead of people tuning in to see a peep show. Open shirts/plunging necklines lead to peekaboo cleavage and really short skirts reveal too much bottom. I'm all for revealing clothes and letting the ladies wear whatever they're comfortable in, but, them's the rules.
I think all the lady golfers should get together and if they don't agree with the rule changes, go to the commission and tell'em to stuff it.

Yeah, and women tennis stars need to start wearing jogging pants and sweaters

This is BS...I don't think I will be watching golf now...and their rating will start falling like CNN. hahh

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: murphy22
I was just starting to think golf was a sport too!

I know right?!?!?

Just like WWE...so close to being a "sport"
edit on 15-7-2017 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Tell them to apply the same rule to the cart girls and servers at there club bar if they disagree u know why

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join