It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Doctor To Be Revealed July 16th - Done, it is Jodie Whittaker

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

No, nothing against Pearl Mackie at all. There were moments I liked the character more than other moments, but overall, she did feel PCish to me too, which is part of what leads me on my thoughts about the whole new Doctor being PC, with so much credit going to Moffett for "laying the groundwork for this to happen".

I haven't been a fan of them all either, for instance (and the actress is fine!) I couldn't stand Donna....though everyone loved Donna...and that's another season I really didn't watch either, because the character just totally turned me off of it.

So I understand where you're coming from.

thanks for sharing that.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

I liked Rose at first, but by the end there were times she just annoyed the crap out of me. Loved Donna (You're not mating with me Alien Boy!). Martha, for the most part was kind of stuck up. Loved her in Family of Blood though. Amy, when it was just her was great. I didn't like Rory much, until around A Good Man Goes To War (all time favorite episode, along with Demon's Run). There were moments with Clara when it felt like it was "Clara and Doctor Whobut overall I liked her.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Interesting...not too different except where Donna is concerned lol...I loved Rose throughout. She just resonated well with me. Donna had some good comedic lines, but overall she just grated on me and she just seemed screechy to me...it drove me to annoyance and distraction to where I couldn't really watch. I think back and I remember her introduction just being loud and grating and I don't think I ever managed to get past that first impression. I didn't care for Martha at first because she seemed so snobby, but yeah, around Family of Blood I started to warm up to her and I liked her appearance in Torchwood, it would have been cool to see her join. Like you, I liked Amy when Rory wasn't around, though when AGMGTW came along, I was okay with him...but I really hated their whiny relationship/marriage stuff. I really liked Clara through her run, probably my second favorite after Rose.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Exactly how I feel with each new Doctor!
I'll likely love this new Doc after a couple of episodes too.

posted on Jul, 24 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   
That cycle isn't generally how it is for me...For me, my first instinct is generally right and my opinion doesn't shift around very much.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join