It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Doctor To Be Revealed July 16th - Done, it is Jodie Whittaker

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Looks like we are about to be shown who will be stepping into Peter Capaldi's shows this Sunday on July 16th by the BBC:

Peter Capaldi's Doctor Who replacement to be revealed on Sunday

In an ominous 13-themed trailer, the BBC revealed that the big unveiling would take place this Sunday 16th July after the Wimbledon Men’s Final, which starts at 2pm on BBC1 and will probably last between 2 and 3 hours.

While their identity currently remains a mystery, the actor set to take over from Peter Capaldi this December in the series’ traditional Christmas episode, which will see incumbent Doctor Capaldi and series showrunner Steven Moffat say their goodbyes to the long-running BBC sci-fi series.

The announcement of the new Doctor follows months of speculation around the actor's identity, with figures including Tilda Swinton, Kris Marshall and Phoebe Waller-Bridge previously rumoured to be taking on the high-profile role.

Hmmmm.....I thought I heard someone were that Phoebe's agent had put out that she was not being considered for the role.

My money is on someone that no one has even considered yet.

I did take some time to finally watch the TV show "Death In Paradise" just so I could see Kris Marshall in action.

I'm not sure if he's right for the role of The Doctor. He's a fine actor, and I really liked his work in the TV show he stared in. But while watching the show, I was just having a hard time imagining him being The Doctor is all.

Of course if someone had told me Peter Capaldi was going to be The Doctor way back when, I would have said they were insane too, and Capaldi pulled it off just fine in my opinion.

Well.....if it is Marshall.......The Doctor will finally get his wish of being Ginger, hehehehehehe.

Guess we'll find out this Sunday.
edit on 7/16/2017 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Wasn't Colin Baker a ginger?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

My favorite choice is still Jaime Murray but i guess that's not going to happen anytime soon. Capaldi did a fine job as the doctor but Pearl Mackie was a miscast or the role was just crap. The focus on her homosexuality was really tiresome and seemed to be her only character trait. I do hope that Matt Lucas stays though he was one of the best parts of the new season.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I'm just glad they got rid of "Bill". Honestly, I couldn't understand half of what she said with that thick accent and I don't think she did that well as a Drs companion.

Other than Swinton, I don't really know who the others are, although Waller Bridge has her own show on Amazon. I thought Swinton did so well as the androgynous angel in Constantine and I've seen her in a few other things. I think she would do well as the Dr.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

No, it was a sandy blond color. In some images of him, the lighting does make his hair appear redish, but he wasn't a true "ginger" or red head.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Heard a rumor that it is going to be the old dude from game of thrones that the girl Stark fed his sons to in a pie , sorry cannot remember his name
edit on 14/7/2017 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
Heard a rumor that it is going to be the old dude from game of thrones that the girl Stark fed his sons to in a pie , sorry cannot remember his name

His name is David Bradley.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

David Bradley.....and they are already using him to play the first Doctor. He was in the season ending and will be in the Christmas special.

I saw some theories of some people thinking that 12 would regen into one again.......but I'm thinking that's just a way out there idea.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I'd guess whoever they choose it will have to be black, preferably female and of course homosexual. It is after all, the BBC.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Three good reasons not to cast someone like that.
The Doctor is quintessianty an English eccentric.
Pandering to the PC brigade just spoils it.
And I agree with Perfectenemy. Pearl's character was awful.
I watched a few trailers and have not watched an episode since She joined.
If the Doctor changes race or gender I'll not watch again.
Rant over.

edit on 14-7-2017 by Cymru because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Cymru

We'll see; for my tastes, Capaldi ruined the show for me and I doubt I'll be returning. PC TV is the way of the future in my humble opinion, its just a question of how far the BBC pushes the agenda and how fast they go. What I've wondered about is who their target market is. Who are they seeking and targeting as viewers? I'd have to guess Millenials, its a huge demographic and its a long term future audience. The last thing the Milenials want to see is an aged cis heteronormal old white guy. They can't relate and I seriously doubt they understand the subtleties of eccentricity.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: Cymru

We'll see; for my tastes, Capaldi ruined the show for me and I doubt I'll be returning. PC TV is the way of the future in my humble opinion, its just a question of how far the BBC pushes the agenda and how fast they go. What I've wondered about is who their target market is. Who are they seeking and targeting as viewers? I'd have to guess Millenials, its a huge demographic and its a long term future audience. The last thing the Milenials want to see is an aged cis heteronormal old white guy. They can't relate and I seriously doubt they understand the subtleties of eccentricity.

Yes they pushed the alternative history agenda a little bit too far for my taste as well. I hope the new showrunner sets the focus on exciting adventures again instead on all the PC bull#.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy and eriktheawful

Thank you for that i struggle to remember my name some days

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I thought Peter Capaldi did rather well.
Having met him and seen him chatting to Fans he reminded me of Tom Baker.
Slam the query into Google and see what Capaldi has done for sick Children.
Might be swayed by the A1 signed poster for my I'll Stepdaughter however.
edit on 14-7-2017 by Cymru because: Grammar.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

That would be nice, but you know, its all about who's writing the shows. I haven't checked to see who the writers are today, but they certainly aren't the same ones that were writing for Tennant.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
While Capaldi was not my favorite Doctor, I think he did a fairly good job. Certainly this last season with the more maniacal grin he was giving certainly added to it.

To me each Doctor is their own Doctor. No actor has portrayed the Doctor in the same way.

That said: each Doctor is only going to be as good as the writer and show producers. You could have the best actor for a role, but if they have really crappy writers, then it doesn't mater how good an actor or actress is: it's going to come off as crappy.

For me, it takes me a bit to get used to a new Doctor.....Once they've built up their character, to me it's as if waiting for them to get used to it too. Once they do, they seem to do better.

A female Doctor: I said this in another thread - I could handle it....BUT....they have to get the right actress that can pull it off. Not saying a actress can't pull it off, but they need someone who can do it right the first time, or it will be a disaster.

Having the Master become Missy, was both funny, and different. The other thing was: they could always write Missy off if needed. Can't do that with a female Doctor though. Whom ever they pic will be there for at least a whole series.

Bill his companion: I didn't really have a big issue with her....to me the show is more about the Doctor and less about the Companion. I did feel like they were trying to push her sexual preference a bit hard, like "See? See? We are PC!!!!"

But considering what happened to Bill in the last episode, I don't think she'll be back except as a visitor. I'm pretty sure that they are starting a new with everyone for next season, just like they did when Moffat took over: new Doctor and New companions.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I'm vaguely amused this has turned into moaning about the PC brigade before the announcement has even been made.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Wasn't happy with Capaldi in the beginning but he turned out to be one of my favorite doctors. Tennant and Capaldi were both wonderful. And Capaldi is very attractive doctor. Each doctor seems to do it in his own unique way.

I don't want him to go.

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I hate this waiting !!!

Send for the doctor

Jodie Whittiaker !!!
edit on 16/7/2017 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Jodie Whittaker? They really went for a female doctor and ignored the best choice Jaime Murray. I'm so heartbroken right now.

Well good luck Jodie. I don't care what gender the doctor has but people are going crazy right now on of course you guessed it Twitter. I hope she gets a unique main storyline. The 13th season was pretty much the same like the 12th season.

edit on 16-7-2017 by Perfectenemy because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join