It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange things happening in my home....

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: D4rk5t4lk3r

I think it just wants to be noticed. Talk to it. Try and communicate.

link   

Have the events that have taken place been the driving force, or a major influence in your decision to explore spirituality?

link   

Dp
edit on 14-7-2017 by CulturalResilience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Not really, it was never a consideration.

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: veracity

I might give it a go, thanks. My other half hasn't seemed too keen on this idea in the past in case there IS something there just in case it could lead to further activity.

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I don't think you have too much to worry about at the moment. It's probably worth continuing with your search for a church, or a faith group that suits you, that way if things escalate, or take a sinister turn you will have access to any help you may need.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I agree with her.
But again that's me.

I'll add a few things I "live with".
Have always heard music late at night, it seems from a previous time? At first we thought it was white noise from fans, or the AC, but we turned those off and you'd still hear it. It varies from 50's to opera-type. It's sporadic so you can go months without hearing it then get a weeks worth of it.

Since I had a roommate move in "something" seems to have come with her. Or since my husband died it got more pro-active seeing her as a interloper? It imitates us. About 1/2 hr before I come home from work "It" does a perfect imitation of me coming in the front door, greeting my cats, stomping over to hang up my car keys then walking back to the bathroom to change out of my work clothes. She hears the front door close, my chastising my hairballs and the whole deal. She's come upstairs to find out I'm NOT here and my car isn't out front either.

When I'm home I hear her car pull in, her car door close and the basement door open and close and her hollar "I'm Home!" I go look and NOPE! She isn't but about 20 minutes later she will be without fail.

It consistently happens about 1/2 hr before we actually get home. At this point we consider it a nice alarm system! BTW the cats hear it as well and go running to the front door if it's imitating me, or the basement door if it's imitating her.
She says it does imitate me occasionally on days I pull overtime. She'll hear me clumping around into the kitchen, or bathroom and think she got my schedule mixed up, but nope, I'm not here. I will wake up at night and hear what sounds like her watching a movie only to find out she was sound asleep, no electronics on.

Neither of us have a clue, so we just kinda accept it as one of the house's quirks. Nothing has ever happened on the property, I researched it. It used to be a farm for crops, not livestock. Nothing remarkable, shocking or unusual. At least in the UK you have had multiple events and layers of inhabitation to account for things!

We don't bother with trying to attempt to communicate with whatever's here because it's harmless and I don't want to open a can of worms I can't close. So stuff happens and we go back to ignoring it. It is comical that it fools the cats tho!!
heheheheh

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Thanks for your advice

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Prank ghosters, like kids that ring the door bell and run... they mess with your head because they know a touch or word will drive us crazy not being able to find where it came from.

They love that. Bullies in life, bullies in the beyond.

Trying to run you, control you, frighten you., like kids ringing door bells.

Own your space, Scold them when it happens, tell them this is your house now, hang around but hang back and , Quit frightening the women folk!"

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Prank ghosters, like kids that ring the door bell and run... they mess with your head because they know a touch or word will drive us crazy not being able to find where it came from.

Own your space, Scold them when it happens, tell them this is your house now, hang around but hang back and , Quit frightening the women folk!"

i dont think they are bullies, but they do seem frustrated about something.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We don't feel frightened per se, just get a 'that was weird' feeling. We try not to pay 'it' too much attention to be honest with you, but this has been three distinct things in less than a week which does seem more than 'usual'.

You're right though, hunting high and low for things that turn up in plain sight is annoying!!

DS
edit on 14 7 2017 by D4rk5t4lk3r because: .

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

originally posted by: intrptr

i dont think they are bullies, but they do seem frustrated about something.

Bully like behavior, pranking, like kids. The wife wasn't frightened out of her wits? Thats straight up bullying.

People that used to be like that in life are still that way, they used to live there, they are 'stuck' for some reason, are playing the living with 'ghostly' pranks.

Yah, mostly harmless this case (it seems), go ahead and scold them.

"Hey, stop that!"
edit on 14-7-2017 by intrptr because: additional

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: D4rk5t4lk3r

Thanks for your advice

DS

You're very welcome. Best wishes for your journey.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Y'know...I would advise to to look for a new home to raise your two young children in.

The shadows, noises etc. is no big deal...but the poke in the back is not a good sign.
The presence is getting stronger and can make physical contact.

Take your children out of there.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

My daughter thought the same about what's going on here. I'm more a wait & watch type, see if a pattern emerges. Poking an adult is much different than poking a child, which hasn't happened to anyones knowledge yet.

No sense getting excitable till you have too.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
They are not friendly and never will be
When it starts to manifest, be prepared to leave

As a Christian, I would recommend finding somewhere else to live.
If it's starting to get worse, it may be related to occult activity you are partaking in, releasing it, maybe unintentionally
Have you taken up a new hobby, pastime, type thing?
Jesus is the only thing that a spirit will obey, nothing, no one else has the authority

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

The only thing we're doing is changing more nappies now than before!

We don't practice anything occult whatsoever, and as previously mentioned, we do both pray and have been trying to find a religion that fits our family for the past year or so.

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Doors slam shut in my presence in my place all the time.

What is weird is my cats are always present and I adopted them from a neighbor that committed suicide. I've been in category 5 storms and the doors never do that, it's like a slight breeze turns into a gale and slams my front door shut, i've even blown on a door to replicate the slight breeze and no dice.

I have noticed that this happens when I feed my cats the food they dislike (cats are picky). If I feed one cat a food pouch they door behaves alright but it I don't feed it the flavor it likes the door slams like someone closed it in anger. The skeptic in me says a random freak gust like a rogue wave in the ocean, however my door opens from the inside so the gust wind would have to come from inside the house.

Perhaps my neighbor is still looking out for her former cats, it's been five years now and her flat has been occupied and reoccupied many times since then for untold reasons, but the 'extreme' slamming of my front door still baffles me. Even when the breeze is less than 5 miles per hour.

I'm a rational man but I kinda think my former neighbor is tethered to this plain of existence through her former cats. It might seem odd but she was very attached to them and they somehow came to me despite being skittish around everyone else, I still won't forget the day she left us and the way her cats looked at me broke my heart.

I don't know what causes my front door to slam but it's not the wind, maybe my departed neighbor wants her cats fed-i don't know.

edit on 14-7-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-7-2017 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
May I just add that when people come to our home they always, and I mean without fail, comment about what a nice feeling there is in the house.

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
So I'm not religious in any sense, but I've seen a couple of sensible people make similiar claims over the years.
I would say appease it with cupcakes? Maybe with some hot coco with little marshmellows?

It's worth a try... Not even joking, I think one just requires the right vibe around those cupcakes

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join