It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange things happening in my home....

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This is my first thread, so please go easy on me

I need some advice, but first a bit of back story.

I’ve been living in my house (an 1850’s mid terrace) for the last 5 years, and for the last 4 years with my other half. The recent history before I moved in was that my sister and her husband had been living there since 2001.

There have been periods of odd activity that have happened in this time – shadows being seen, voices being heard, objects being lost and turning up in plain sight hours or days later. These things have been witnessed by both of us, together and individually.

One of the strangest happened to my other half. This was probably 3 and a half years ago. She had gotten in from work and had gone upstairs to get changed. She was listening to some music whilst sat on the bed. She then feels something grab her shoulder. She turned round thinking I’d come home from work. When I actually returned she was standing in the living room white as a sheet and shaking, looking petrified.

Between then and now, the shadows have continued to be seen, doors have opened themselves – the bedroom doors are extremely difficult to open so the chances of it being caused by a draft are minimal. Things still move and voices are occasionally heard – for example, I’ll be downstairs and think that my other half has said something to me, so I’ll go to the bottom of the stairs and ask what she said, and she’d think that it had been me saying something. This has happened a lot over the years – even at times when the neighbouring houses have been empty due to house sales / tenancy changes.

We now have a 2 and a half year old little girl, and a 4 week old.

The reason for me posting this now is due to an increase in ‘activity’ in the last week starting last Sunday. I had unlocked and opened the kitchen door to take some rubbish out to the bin. At the time my other half and toddler were both in the lounge watching TV. I had gotten no further than 3 steps out of the door when it slammed shut. I didn’t think too much of it until I went to go back in and the door had locked itself. It’s not a Yale type lock, but a usual barrel lock. Now unless my toddler had suddenly developed Usain Bolt-esque speed there is no way in which she would have been able to make it from the lounge to the kitchen to shut the door let alone lock it – she can barely reach the key!! My other half confirmed that neither of them had left the lounge until they heard me banging on the door to be let in.

Then on Monday evening a picture which had been quite happily hanging on the wall for over 2 years managed to come off its picture hook and land on the floor. I inspected the hook and it’s not bent, or defective in anyway whatsoever.

The most recent thing was last night. We were just about to go to bed, my other half was in the bathroom (off the kitchen) brushing her teeth, I was standing at the sink in the kitchen filling glasses with water to take up to bed when I felt a poke right in the middle of my back. It was forceful enough to make me turn around thinking that my other half had managed to sneak past me and jab me in the back.

So that’s what’s been happening…whatever ‘it’ is doesn’t seem threatening…

Any ideas?

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Sounds pretty "crowded" was my first thought, LOL!

So far I agree it's a bit "active" but like you, I agree it doesn't seem harmful. Little unnerving, at times annoying since you got locked out, but not malicious. You mentioned your daughter is now four, and didn't say anything had happened to her?
So I will assume the activity just is "sort of" directed at you and your wife?

Is it possible that you and your wife are missing something?
My thinking is that maybe whatever this is has concerns about something and now that you have a couple of youngsters it's trying, and failing, at making those concerns known? Or just the fact you have a new baby in the house is throwing it off? New routines, more human activity etc...

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: D4rk5t4lk3r
This is my first thread, so please go easy on me

I need some advice, but first a bit of back story.

I’ve been living in my house (an 1850’s mid terrace) for the last 5 years, and for the last 4 years with my other half. The recent history before I moved in was that my sister and her husband had been living there since 2001.

There have been periods of odd activity that have happened in this time – shadows being seen, voices being heard, objects being lost and turning up in plain sight hours or days later. These things have been witnessed by both of us, together and individually.

One of the strangest happened to my other half. This was probably 3 and a half years ago. She had gotten in from work and had gone upstairs to get changed. She was listening to some music whilst sat on the bed. She then feels something grab her shoulder. She turned round thinking I’d come home from work. When I actually returned she was standing in the living room white as a sheet and shaking, looking petrified.

Between then and now, the shadows have continued to be seen, doors have opened themselves – the bedroom doors are extremely difficult to open so the chances of it being caused by a draft are minimal. Things still move and voices are occasionally heard – for example, I’ll be downstairs and think that my other half has said something to me, so I’ll go to the bottom of the stairs and ask what she said, and she’d think that it had been me saying something. This has happened a lot over the years – even at times when the neighbouring houses have been empty due to house sales / tenancy changes.

We now have a 2 and a half year old little girl, and a 4 week old.

The reason for me posting this now is due to an increase in ‘activity’ in the last week starting last Sunday. I had unlocked and opened the kitchen door to take some rubbish out to the bin. At the time my other half and toddler were both in the lounge watching TV. I had gotten no further than 3 steps out of the door when it slammed shut. I didn’t think too much of it until I went to go back in and the door had locked itself. It’s not a Yale type lock, but a usual barrel lock. Now unless my toddler had suddenly developed Usain Bolt-esque speed there is no way in which she would have been able to make it from the lounge to the kitchen to shut the door let alone lock it – she can barely reach the key!! My other half confirmed that neither of them had left the lounge until they heard me banging on the door to be let in.

Then on Monday evening a picture which had been quite happily hanging on the wall for over 2 years managed to come off its picture hook and land on the floor. I inspected the hook and it’s not bent, or defective in anyway whatsoever.

The most recent thing was last night. We were just about to go to bed, my other half was in the bathroom (off the kitchen) brushing her teeth, I was standing at the sink in the kitchen filling glasses with water to take up to bed when I felt a poke right in the middle of my back. It was forceful enough to make me turn around thinking that my other half had managed to sneak past me and jab me in the back.

So that’s what’s been happening…whatever ‘it’ is doesn’t seem threatening…

Any ideas?

DS

More than likely if it feels harmless, i would say it probably just wants attention. If it was me, i would set ground rules and let the spirit know that its welcome as long as it abides by the ground rules.

In exchange, you and your significant other would set up a special place for it and acknowledge its presence. Sometimes local spirits can be protective and you can ask for this service in exchange for their special place and maybe a lit candle or acknowledgement whatever you feel comfortable with.

Most important is ground rules. Talk to it like a person... treat it with respect and in most cases you'll receive the same. The ground rules are whatever you're comfortable with. Tell it what it can and cannot do, how to get your attention if desired, etc. Writing these down in a personal journal is a good idea so you don't forget what your rules are.

Also ask for it to only allow beneficial spirits with positive intentions around your family and ask it to ward off untrustworthy individuals of the flesh or spirit variety. You will need to ask for confirmation that it agrees to your rules first before asking for protection services.

Making it feel useful and acknowledging its presence usually creates a positive feedback loop. It could be an ancestor of yours or of the property.

Respect especially if you don't feel threatened is key

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
May I ask if you would give a very general idea of which region of the country your home is situated.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: D4rk5t4lk3r

Interesting. You should try and EVP session or two. You may get something. If you do you can post it here! Good luck!!!

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Caver78
Sounds pretty "crowded" was my first thought, LOL!

So far I agree it's a bit "active" but like you, I agree it doesn't seem harmful. Little unnerving, at times annoying since you got locked out, but not malicious. You mentioned your daughter is now four, and didn't say anything had happened to her?
So I will assume the activity just is "sort of" directed at you and your wife?

Is it possible that you and your wife are missing something?
My thinking is that maybe whatever this is has concerns about something and now that you have a couple of youngsters it's trying, and failing, at making those concerns known? Or just the fact you have a new baby in the house is throwing it off? New routines, more human activity etc...

Thanks for replying. My daughter is 2 and a half. She hasn't seemed distressed or distracted by anything and certainly hasn't mentioned anything strange is her rudimentary use of English at the moment!

I agree, the house is a bit crowded, but we get by

Can you please expand on what you mean by 'missing something' as I'm not sure I follow.

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
May I ask if you would give a very general idea of which region of the country your home is situated.

Hi, we live in Norwich, UK.

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Do you and your wife have any religious affiliations? If so, I would
start praying for protection for your family and house.If not,others'
can pray for your protection for you.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AkontaDarkpaw

Thanks for these tips - very informative.

One question though, how would I know if I had 'its' confirmation that it agrees to the rules?

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I see thanks, and greetings to you. An area with a long and rich history that is also very beautiful. Are you aware of any past episodes of sadness or other darkness that took place in, or very near the location.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

We are vaguely religious and I do have been praying for protection already. I think this could be why whatever 'it's is doesn't feel malevolent.

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

Thanks for the welcome!

I've done some digging into the past of the close vicinity, and there's nothing of note. Before the land was built on it had been farm land for many years.

There are no churches or anything like that close to me either.

DS
edit on 14 7 2017 by D4rk5t4lk3r because: .

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Thanks for these tips - very informative.

One question though, how would I know if I had 'its' confirmation that it agrees to the rules?

DS

You ask for one.

Whatever type of confirmation you feel comfortable asking for like maybe you lost an object and would appreciate its assistance finding it and placing in x location as confirmation of its acceptance of the ground rules.

edit on 14-7-2017 by AkontaDarkpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Thank you

DS
edit on 14 7 2017 by D4rk5t4lk3r because: .

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Thank you

DS

Sure. If you do get confirmation i would hope you'd post

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Please do not mistake this for an interrogation or criticism. You told Mamabeth that you have been praying, and you described yourselves as vaguely religious. Could you elaborate a little perhaps on what you meant by vaguely religious?

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I think there is a lot of autosuggestion going on. This creates a culture of illusion often; think of how deluded people become when they feed off each other's shared illusion. '___' trips often produce a shared illusion among multiple participants; they see the same illusion together.

An illusion hyped over a period of years among a social group can produce the strangest symptoms. Consider crazy cults, unscientific beliefs and even illusion of extreme politics where people share their hyped and deluded vision. The human mind is complex and pulls off some right old tricks and horrors when hyped. You can even get people believing it is a good idea to kill people because of their gender, race, politics or class, to exploit them, abuse them as you see fit and mock as they lap it up like good little dawgies.

Your enthusiasm for ghostliness and some "encouragement" will soon have you entertaining illusions if you let it. I know from experience. You will spot correspondences and coincidences as you are honing in on a focal point as a reference from which to perceive the rest of reality at your fancy's content.

Now here is a real coincidence: Only yesterday I finished my new House Music track. It is called "Haunted House" would you believe? See what I mean about our shared perception being a very complex web that stretches far and wide across the earth. Here I am discussing your haunting and being attracted to your post because I just made my new track and strangely enough called it "Haunted House".

I dedicate my new mix to your Haunted House:

Haunted House by Tantratronic (soundcloud)

Spooky correspondences. Correspondences make the world go round, they make the world go round!

edit on 14-7-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

No criticism taken at all

We have dabbled with attending church over the last year or so, but we aren't 100% sure whether the church we have been attending is the right fit for us, so to speak.

I'd say a closer description of us would be more spiritual than religious, but we do believe that there is something - a God - out there. Quite what shape that God takes is still open for discussion.

DS

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

By "missing something" I immediately thought maybe a faulty electrical outlet, or because of where I am maybe radon, or a concern for the children's safety over something innocent but misconstrued by your resident Spirits as something potentially harmful to your children?

My thoughts are, I would assume back when your Spirits were alive we didn't even have electrical outlets, or toys with noise and batteries, or about a million other things. It would be easy to see them concerned for your kids not understanding these are everyday normal things? The activity seems to target just the adults in the home, so my first reaction to reading your post was to notice "they" were going out of their way to not alarm the kids, but to get the adult's attention. That to me indicates "they" are already possibly protective of the children?

I could be totally wrong, but this was the impression I got reading your post.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78

I do tend to think along the lines that 'it/they' aren't interacting with the kids on purpose - if indeed it is something paranormal.

I'm at a loss as to whatever 'it' could be. We don't encourage anything to happen, just as and when something happens it gives us an 'oh that's a bit odd' feeling.

DS

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join