It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Painting Left on Islamic Center Investigated as Hate Crime

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Not much info on this.
The painting was left on a fence or the Islamic Center. And it is being investigated as a hate crime. I have to think there is more to this story.

A large painting of Jesus on the cross was left at a Long Island Islamic center and police are investigating it as a hate crime.

The painting was found Friday on a fence of the Hillside Islamic Center in North New Hyde Park, Nassau County police said.
www.nbcnewyork.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
What more could there be to this story. Some bozo Christian wanted to antagonize some Muslims.
Or maybe some militant Christian wanted to help the escalation of the religious war they see as divinely inevitable.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Curious how this is considered a hate crime. Like you said there's more to this story.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Um if these are religious orgs, it should matter not that a pic of another Savior was put on there. Hate crime seems like a stretch.

I find it hard to believe a religious center would report this. Seems like there should be more to this story.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

How is this a "hate crime"? I can understand it being classified as vandalism but a hate crime?

People have lost their god damned minds!

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

How is it a hate crime? It's not like they were vandalizing property or beating up innocent people.

It's a just a painting standing there. They can simply remove it and either sell it or give it to a Christian if they don't want it.

This is worse:

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

If leaving a painting on a fence is a hate crime today, then having to listen a muslim leader on TV quote the quran on any given news channel is equivalent to manslaughter.

I give up.
This sensationalism is just too much.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'd think a painting left on a fence might be at worst vandalism. A hate crime would be more like leaving a bomb.

Odd since Muslims also believe in Jesus, but in a different way. Would a painting of Jesus even be a problem?

This seems like a childish act, but not a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I am pretty sure that Jesus is part of Islamic lore.

If someone painted a Star of David on a Christian church would it be a big deal?

A hate crime? Come on.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Yourmomsentme

Even vandalism needs to cause measurable damage. It would more than likely be littering.

I wonder who the heck would waste the police's overly sensitive time with this pap.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

So what about this was a crime?
Bad taste maybe but no crime yet alone a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

If this is all there is to the story, this cheapens hate crimes.

I would wager that a person who has suffered a for real hate crime would welcome a picture of the prince of peace being hung on their fence as opposed to a ass kickin.

edit on 9-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Why would this be a hate crime? Islam talks about Jesus.. He is considered a prophet in their religion.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I'm muslim and I really don't feel offended by this? Like starswarsisreal said, donate it to a nearby church or Christian no need to make fuss about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
LINK

In a statement from the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the group said; “Bias may have motivated this incident, but it could serve as a teaching moment for the perpetrator and for the community if it leads to greater understanding of the love Muslims have for Jesus, peace be upon him.”

OK, so I was right about Muslims and Jesus, so no issue there. I still see no hate crime and I think this is carrying it too far.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: EveryUsernameWasTaken

Perhaps there is a serial painting hanger in the neighborhood?

In all seriousness, I imagine we will hear more on this, although I can't imagine how a painting is going to be considered a hate crime.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Doesn't seem like hate crime material. It looks like a modern/trendy art print painting, probably bought at a boutique.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

Why report it? If it is a learning or teaching moment, then do it.

Seems like a huge waste of LEO's finite resources.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

When is criticizing Islam in a post going to be considered a hate crime?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

So we can finally consider it a hate crime when a Jehovah's Witness leaves their pamphlets at our doorstep?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join