It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Painting Left on Islamic Center Investigated as Hate Crime

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: seasonal

When is criticizing Islam in a post going to be considered a hate crime?

According to some, it is.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Illumimasontruth

So we can finally consider it a hate crime when a Jehovah's Witness leaves their pamphlets at our doorstep?

We can but I consider it to be annoying. They knock on my door constantly.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonalUm if these are religious orgs, it should matter not that a pic of another Savior was put on there. Hate crime seems like a stretch.

I find it hard to believe a religious center would report this. Seems like there should be more to this story.
Well sure. In that perfect world with perfect religions and perfect people to follow them, this should not matter. But this is the real world and these two major religions have set themselves against each other.

Do you suppose that a Christian would put this picture on a Mosque just to invite Muslims to accept Christ? Hardly. Graffiti is a crime and defacing property is also. This was no innocent invitation to join Christ but rather to intimidate Muslims. But what do you think is the ''more to this story?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Mosque leaders say they are not offended by the pic???? Who called the police then????

An employee of the Hillside Islamic Center initially discovered the Jesus painting, reports CBS New York.

Surveillance camera captured video of a man placing the image on the fence, police say.

Mosque leaders told police that they are not offended by the imagery of Jesus Christ, according to News 12 Long Island.
dailycaller.com...

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

cited for hate littering. or posting hate solicitations, or anything else you can think of to add the word hate to.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
LINK

In a statement from the New York chapter of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), the group said; “Bias may have motivated this incident, but it could serve as a teaching moment for the perpetrator and for the community if it leads to greater understanding of the love Muslims have for Jesus, peace be upon him.”

OK, so I was right about Muslims and Jesus, so no issue there. I still see no hate crime and I think this is carrying it too far.

Shoot ... sure looks like a work of art to me.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

There could be some sparks between "community" leaders.

Someone hates paintings.

Someone had a bad day.

There is a limitless number of things that could cause such a small and relatively benign act to even be reported.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: Xcathdra

Mosque leaders say they are not offended by the pic???? Who called the police then????

An employee of the Hillside Islamic Center initially discovered the Jesus painting, reports CBS New York.

Surveillance camera captured video of a man placing the image on the fence, police say.

Mosque leaders told police that they are not offended by the imagery of Jesus Christ, according to News 12 Long Island.
dailycaller.com...

The same kind of silly people who alert posts that they don't agree with.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So having a "draw Mohammed" contest is now a hate crime?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22442187]ChungWire[/p

Good point

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
This is an impartial news: pix11.com...
It's possible that the source in OP is biased. It's also possible that they confused this with the "Jesus graffiti" in California.
They love and believe in Jesus just as much as Christians.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

In your story, what the heck is a 'bias incident'?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChungWire

In your story, what the heck is a 'bias incident'?

I guess that means some Christians think Muslims don't believe in Jesus or love him as much.

edit on 7/9/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   

This lack of offense has not stopped investigators from labeling the incident as a potential hate crime.

The New York branch of the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR), America’s largest Muslim civil rights group, issued a statement urging the person or group behind the painting to learn more about Muslim beliefs.
a reply to: Deaf Aliendailycaller.com...

And Muslims believe Jesus was a Profit not the son of God.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

I guess we'll have to wait for the full story. And you've proved my point with CAIR encouraging people to learn more about Muslims' love for Jesus.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Muslims can love Jesus and not think he is the son of God... That's allowed right?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Muslims and Christians have more in common with their religions than most people think. They are both Abrahamic religions. But, like it seems like most all religions, it's an 'us vs them' mentality. Christian sects don't even get along and they share basically the same bible. Maybe we do need religion taught in our schools, ALL religions.... Acceptance is what we need in this world, no more dividing the people along racial, political or religious lines.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

Muslims can love Jesus and not think he is the son of God... That's allowed right?

Yep that is allowed. BTW aren't we all sons of God like Jesus said?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join