It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Wants to Form a Cyber Security Unit With Russia. Some Members of His Party Don't Agree

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Oh no, Trump is asking the COMMUNISTS to form a Cyber Security unit. Oh no.

President Trump suggested Sunday that, after pressing Russian President Vladimir Putin twice about the possibility of Russian meddling in the U.S. presidential election during their meeting at the G20, which Putin "vehemently" denied, it was time for the United States to move forward with Russia, possibly working together on a cyber security initiative to combat election hacking.
"Its not the dumbest idea I've ever heard, but its pretty close," Sen. Lindsey Graham said on NBC's Meet the Press when asked by Chuck Todd about the cyber security unit. "They [Russia] did try to attack our election system, they were successful in many ways, and the more you do this the more people are suspicious about you and Russia."

Florida Senator Marco Rubio analogized on Twitter that asking Putin to work on a cyber security unit was akin to partnering with Syrian President Bashar al-Assad on chemical weapons, which he has been accused of using, but has repeatedly denied.
time.com...

I think this could be a really good idea. But if the US and Russian govt's start to get along, we may not need all those weapons. OOps what about China?
Mark Rubio, John McCain and Lindsey Graham are not for this. I would love to see this. The US and Russian people want the same things-but not our Corp owned govt. This could be devastating to profits.
Imagine what could be accomplished it the US and Russia started a joint shoot to Mars space program? HHHHMMMM, didn't another president want to work closely with Russia?
edit on 9-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   
When the illusion of "Russia is evil, lets create feud" ends..

Two super powers can finally build a wonderful relationship and the false threat of eachother will wither away.

Its 20-fkn-17 and we are still allowing politicians to create false narritives and creating strife..

Lets hold hands now and build a better future, and kill ISIS

edit on 9-7-2017 by Elementalist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

I seem to remember that Kennedy guy wanted to work with the Russians.

Crazy idea, must have lost his (1/2) head thinking that.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I think there would need to be a lot more detail required on exactly what this initiative is. At the moment I am not sure how Russia and the US could collaborate on security measures without potentially compromising their own defences. We'll see how it develops.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
# Lindsey Graham. I don't like Trump but saying he doesn't agree with this as it stands, with no details is either a show of his ineptitude or his partisanship.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

You know, I was thinking about this yesterday.

Let's be blunt, Russia and the USA have been adversaries more often than not. But what is an adversarial relationship if not competitive by a different name?

Me thinks that Trump is a competitive man, and I just know Putin likes to play to win, so why don't the two of them start using little challenges to one another? You know, like, 'Hey Russia, bet you you can't beat us in developing a better green energy sources!" or "Hey USA, bet we can beat you too MARS!"

Let's make the competition fun and beneficial to humanity for once instead of being bogged down in proxy wars, imperialism and ideological spats.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

I'm sure Lindsey and the bunch has their orders. This is not the direction the NWO wants.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Funny, liberals used to love the Soviet Union (hell Bernie honeymooned there), but you know they will trash Trump for trying to improve relations with Russia. Obviously not just liberals, other globalist puppets as well, like Lindsey Graham. If we ignored the lot of them, we'd be far better off.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

I would prefer to work with them than continue to be on Red alert like Hillary and Obama had them just 9 short months ago.

Don't forget that the SH was about to get real because of Obama's inability to find his ass with both hands on foreign policy issues.
edit on 9-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17
# Lindsey Graham. I don't like Trump but saying he doesn't agree with this as it stands, with no details is either a show of his ineptitude or his partisanship.

Ummm...he is a panty waist isn't he...?

Or is that just a waste...period...

Who knows...what with him and John the hotshot I'll do a wet start...then...drop two bombs on the deck of the USS Forrestal and incinerate 134 men McCain...

Them and Lil Marco...are one fry short of a circle jerk as far as I'm concerned...three stooges...one and all...

God...will they just hurry up and retire already...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: YouSir

By retire you mean hold a seat at on a corporate board for big $$$$ immediately after "serving". And maybe make a little scratch speaking?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

By retire you mean hold a seat at on a corporate board for big $$$$ immediately after "serving". And maybe make a little scratch speaking?

Ummm...no...I was kinda alluding to one foot in that rectangular hole and the other one following suit...I thought I wrote...expire...silly spell check...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
How about becoming partners with China on the rest of our military systems? I mean, if we let them in and give them our launch codes it'll lead to a friendlier relationship, right? And that's what matters..

Stupid liberals can't see if we just let other rival countries infiltrate us, we'll have better relationships with them..

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

The new rep will be chosen for us by the republican party. To borrow a Clinton phrase "What difference does it now make"?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal

The new rep will be chosen for us by the republican party. To borrow a Clinton phrase "What difference does it now make"?

Ummm...there you go pissing on my little one man parade over here...and I was like all...rah...rah...rah...

Till the...ahem...rain started falling...

YouSir

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What a coincidence. At the same time Trump wants private info and a federal voter register. Building a base to find political opponents to fill private prisons. Like Putin. No thanks.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

My pleasure. I love to spread fun and cheer.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I agree with Elementalist and believe that the minute the USA and Russia begin working together the sooner the world breathes a sigh of relief and progress starts being made in many areas. Russia is not the bad guy and I feel as though people are really realizing this lately because they've been challenged to consider the false lines they have been fed by media and their weak governments.

It will be interesting to see if how this idea unfolds, whether it goes anywhere and brings these two countries or even others together. Even the idea is profoundly reformative.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: GusMcDangerthing

Imagine where we would be if Hillary the faint were to be pres...???

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I try not to in the same manner we used to try not to imagine the sirens and emergency broadcasts before the white flash came. Hillary would have been unthinkable and a step in the opposition to this sort of thing.

I know you were probably being rhetorical but I think it deserved saying.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join