It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sickening: SJWs support the torture of Otto Warmbier by the North Koreans.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
This is insensitive, I know it, so call me all the names in the book, it's fine that doesn't affect me but here is my personal opinion:

When you go to another country, you follow their rules, and when you don't, you suffer their consequences. Now whether or not those consequences are considered reasonable or out of bounds by the rest of the world is another subject completely. Some even say he may not have ever committed a crime in the first place, that's all questionable I agree- however again- This country has been known for this sort of thing for a long time. I don't care what group promises or advertises your safety while accompanying you to that dangerous country, you should have better judgement.

Now Otto was kind, and trusting, and loving, he was genuinely by all accounts a great example of a Man, and an intelligent hard working guy. However he did not have better Judgement when it came to travelling to NorKo, in this situation he was incredibly naive.

I feel terribly for his family, I would not want to experience that grief and suffering as a parent. But I understand that it is what it is.

Perhaps there should be more global conversation about what kind of punishment is acceptable. If the world feels like banding together to put a stop to certain forms of imprisonment or punishment they will. If the world feels it's not worth a conflict or a war, they will not. It's both complicated and simple to me on different levels.

-Alee

Except that their consequences were 20 years, not torture and death.

A few American soldiers torture some terrorist at GITMO and the world goes crazy.

These guys tortured and killed a kid for a hotel poster and people are like "stupid American follow the rules".

Who the hell thinks any country in the world gives you 20 years for a hotel poster?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

In my future planned thread, I will explain part of the reason why the North Koreans refuses to rebel.

Part of this has a lot to do with the fact that Kims scared them into thinking that US troops will defile their "purity" should they be taken out and only the Kims can protect them from the "subhuman" Americans.

They see Americans and other outsiders in racist terms and they are afraid that by letting the Americans in, then they will "pollute" the Korean race.
edit on 7/7/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: NerdGoddess
This is insensitive, I know it, so call me all the names in the book, it's fine that doesn't affect me but here is my personal opinion:

When you go to another country, you follow their rules, and when you don't, you suffer their consequences. Now whether or not those consequences are considered reasonable or out of bounds by the rest of the world is another subject completely. Some even say he may not have ever committed a crime in the first place, that's all questionable I agree- however again- This country has been known for this sort of thing for a long time. I don't care what group promises or advertises your safety while accompanying you to that dangerous country, you should have better judgement.

Now Otto was kind, and trusting, and loving, he was genuinely by all accounts a great example of a Man, and an intelligent hard working guy. However he did not have better Judgement when it came to travelling to NorKo, in this situation he was incredibly naive.

I feel terribly for his family, I would not want to experience that grief and suffering as a parent. But I understand that it is what it is.

Perhaps there should be more global conversation about what kind of punishment is acceptable. If the world feels like banding together to put a stop to certain forms of imprisonment or punishment they will. If the world feels it's not worth a conflict or a war, they will not. It's both complicated and simple to me on different levels.

-Alee

Except that their consequences were 20 years, not torture and death.

A few American soldiers torture some terrorist at GITMO and the world goes crazy.

These guys tortured and killed a kid for a hotel poster and people are like "stupid American follow the rules".

Who the hell thinks any country in the world gives you 20 years for a hotel poster?

Sure I do agree, IF he was tortured but we will never know. As far as our doctors stated (Our as in Cincinnati) There was no sign or evidence of any abuse at all. I do happen to believe we have some of the best and brightest Drs here and I do put my faith in their findings. I believe he was not tortured, but with that being said, I do believe that NorKo uses torture on its prisoners under certain circumstances. It's possible that Otto was tortured, but there is no medical evidence of such abuse.

But yes, that's the thing I'm getting at, 20 years and maybe torture for a flipping poster... That is uncalled for IMO- but after the fact does nothing for Otto. It's time to step up and make this an important topic and conversation for world leaders to make a plan of action and follow through with. I don't have too much sympathy for HIM because he went there with the way the world currently allows NorKo to behave and that was his mistake. But It shouldn't be that way, people should be able to travel without fear of being executed and or tortured imprisoned for something so petty. An international standard of laws on SOME level even basic may be needed.

-Alee
edit on 7/7/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
a reply to: Bigburgh

...and feel no urge, at all, to judge, ridicule, or otherwise get your superiority on? How odd. Are you OK? Not feeling ill?

***in no way I'm superior to anyone***
I'm equal to all. But glad that I was taught respect everyone.

I edited my post. My college experience.

Also..off subject... been dying to do this😁

Edit: not ill, up early and gosh dang fantastic!😉
Thanks for inquiring.
Hope you are doing fantabulous 🤗🤗🤗🤗

edit on 7-7-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

The professor got exactly what she deserved. Now she can spend her time 'posting' on farcebook.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

Actually North Korea is a racist country. I will make a thread about it and it's not just CNN saying it. There are others including Eastern Europeans who reported racist attacks against them by the North Koreans when they were living in North Korea.

NK, SK, Japan, China are all extremely racist... You can not be a Japanese citizen unless both parents are Japanese...as example..keeping the race pure...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

The professor got exactly what she deserved. Now she can spend her time 'posting' on farcebook.

Professors live in some weird bubble world where they get paid no matter how good or bad they are and live a cult like status as 100s of students look to them every year as sages of wisdom. The reality is most professor go into education and never leave because the real world is too harsh and difficult for them. I don't include k though 12 grade teachers in this.

With Otto I feel sorry for the guy, but it is the same sorry feeling I have as for someone who steps out into a street without looking and gets killed by a car. Terrible thing to happen, but they kind of did it to themselves.

edit on 7-7-2017 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Well in the book the Cleanest Race which happened to be one of sources for my upcoming thread, the author Brian Myers said that North Korea's racism happened to derive from Imperial Japan.

It not only explains why North Koreans are extremely xenophobic but also why the people worship the Kims since the ordinary Imperial Japanese believed that the Emperor was descended from the Sun Goddess Amaterasu.

Now I know North Koreans are extremely racist toward the Japanese but to Kim il Sung, he saw that it was an effective way to rule his people so he decided to implement a similar system.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
If I was president and north korea did that over a poster in a hotel.......

I'd be sendin in the boys from frigin Detroit.....in the name of decorum and all that is right

Kaddaffi his front porch......remember that??!! Hit his house like a mother bear on his azz.....

Then explain to the countrymen they don't want to be known as the kind of people that refuse to use their God given common sense
edit on 7-7-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

Has it been proven he was tortured?

I'm still wondering why the family threw away the chance of getting that answer by declining an autopsy.

I am more disturbed by people cling for bombs to drop on that nation because of Otto. So pissed that one dip# died they are ready to kill more

Really? It's not just cause of Otto, you seem to be in dire need of education on North Korea and how bad it is there ....that's the ONLY country I can say that actually should probably have regime change out of ANY we have ever done so with....

That being said it's delicate and dangerous and could cost million me of South Korean lives and needs to be done in a way that China is involved or leads the way....this is a volatile situation

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Professor Katherine Dettwyler got exactly what she deserved....fired.

I have to say though, if I were stupid enough to go to NK I would still not be stupid enough to steal anything, no matter how worthless it was. I don't know why that kid chose to go to NK.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
NK, SK, Japan, China are all extremely racist... You can not be a Japanese citizen unless both parents are Japanese...as example..keeping the race pure...

Nothing wrong with that ... if that's what they want.

As an individual, you always have the right to leave the country and take up life elsewhere. Even North Koreans occasionally 'get away'. LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY
If I was president and north korea did that over a poster in a hotel.......

I'd be sendin in the boys from frigin Detroit.....in the name of decorum and all that is right

Kaddaffi his front porch......remember that??!! Hit his house like a mother bear on his azz.....

Then explain to the countrymen they don't want to be known as the kind of people that refuse to use their God given common sense

/sarc? ??

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
As you can tell, this professor is a little out there. Knowing quite a lot of liberals, I've never once heard them praise North Korea or its leader.

Even this lady thinks he got what he deserved because he was stupid enough to go there and didn't think the law would have consequences there (it does seem like she buys into North Korea's story that he snuck into an area that was off-limits to steal the poster). I don't think she praises North Korea or its leader.

Interestingly enough, the only other person I've heard express the idea that the guy got what he deserved was a Republican and a Trump supporter.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
All the ATS macho warriors wanting revenge on NK. I wonder how many of them are willing to put boots on the ground and take care of business?

Internet courage rings a little hollow.

I served and most of you "tough guys" have no clue...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I have to say though, if I were stupid enough to go to NK I would still not be stupid enough to steal anything, no matter how worthless it was.

I don't think it would have mattered what he did here. I'm willing to bet the North Koreans were going to pick-off a member of that group for detention 'no matter what' and make an example out of 'em to the Western World.

I don't know why that kid chose to go to NK.

It was a really stoopid move. Young people do dum things. The 'herd mentality' makes it easier to go along.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

I think you'll find those types of regressive leftists in California and New York though. I live in LA and there are a lot of them that would have supported North Korea by repeating the narrative that they are a poor innocent country and that America is putting them down and without America, North Korea will be prosperous country.

Here's a pro NK rally organized by SJWs:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes really and I know it's bad
Not our job to liberate the world
Its bad lots of places

You gonna go fight? Your kid?

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

The problem is, North Korea's racism comes to the point where it violates people's rights.

For example, as I mentioned earlier, they ended up launching racist attacks against foreigners and also use it to control the populace into submission.

The Japanese may be racist but at least they don't try to assault foreigners openly and use it to control their populace into obeying their leaders.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

What rights?

I'm sorry, but in that country, it's not us who decide what the rights are. The midget and the other powers in that country decide what the rights are, and the laws.

You going to get into trouble if you think/believe otherwise. Not just in North Korea, either.

Laws and customs. Know 'em. Learn 'em. Or you'll live, for however long, to regret otherwise.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join