It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

African history

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:30 AM
link   
All life like we know it started in Africa. They must be the oldest tribe in the world, our planet the one and only. So I've been investigating and it all leads to Africa. Recent findings have not been very interesting, I've read about the remains of people being found and dated, there's supposed to be a rock that was used as a tool that 'would change everything' but I think it's just a rock chipped off during some earthquake.

What I want to see are ancient African religious objects. What did Africans use in the early stone age? What were their customs? What was their religion? And ofcourse where are present day religious activities which have a direct line to that time?

So far I have found some pictures on the internet

Now the tools that were found in 2008 are supposed to be 2 million years old and this cave is a home where people lived for thousands of years. When I look at this picture I'm not getting much except ofcourse the obvious cow like animal. Theres another one just to the right of it. I'm thinking I see 3 cow like animals plus a bird flying and maybe an ostrich kind of bird too. Looking closer there might be a 4th cow like animal more bull like.

The drawings are obviously made by people who lived there, it might be very old but I'm still doubting carbon dating, plus a lot of the so called tools appear to be nothing more than just rocks that might be chipped off bigger rocks due to natural causes like thunder at the most, but usually just wind and earthquakes that would produce the same looking tools. And I could just gather some rocks around where I live and put them on display and claim it's millions of years old tools with labels suggesting it's all true. But these paintings remain. Anyone else got paintings?

www.southafrica.net...

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
The whole 'out of Africa' theory is just that, and it's been recently disproved a half dozen times in the past decade. Other places of human origin predating African examples have been in Asia, the middle-east, and northern Europe.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CoolBuzz

Hi CoolBuzz, best way to approach the subject is to define what you mean, you can start by going back to the first modern humans, or start a little later, it is a Huge subject about a huge continent, roughly the size of the moon, it also help if you don't refer to. Africans ancient and modern as a tribe.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

It's a good troll. Not great, but pretty good. It should be fun.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: rexsblues

No!. all it showed is that hominids related to humans showed up elsewhere earlier than expected , but "us" moderns are Africans that's not in dispute.
edit on 7-7-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

No!. all it showed is that hominids related to humans showed up elsewhere earlier than expected , but "us" moderns are Africans that's not in dispute.

uhhh Yes!...... google...

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues

uhhh Yes!...... google...

Goole?? that's not an answer, and yes I've seen such and no!! modern humans came out of Africa, not simply other hominids.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

didn't bother looking at the results in the link I suppose.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Already read them sometime ago.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   

The whole 'out of Africa' theory is just that, and it's been recently disproved a half dozen times in the past decade. Other places of human origin predating African examples have been in Asia, the middle-east, and northern Europe.

Most theories point to modern humans emerging from Africa in two waves.

Regardless of where modern humans came from, African history is not that well documented. Sure, we all know about the Egyptians and Carthage (North Africa) and so on, but there were many empires and kingdoms dotted here and there going back three or four thousand years, and their legacy is in buildings and artefacts, and languages and identity.

In fact, the more you research the more interesting African history is/was.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 04:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

Regardless of where modern humans came from, African history is not that well documented. Sure, we all know about the Egyptians and Carthage (North Africa) and so on, but there were many empires and kingdoms dotted here and there going back three or four thousand years, and their legacy is in buildings and artefacts, and languages and identity.

People often mistook early hominids with modern humans, articles post by Rexsblues is about them and their comparison to African hominids, not the folks that spread out of Africa one through the southern route , another through Egypt and up into Israel where they met up with Neanaderman, and a possible third route through Morocco, we know this because we have their tool kits
www.smithsonianmag.com...
Dna tracing also is pretty tight.
As for later cultures and civilizations, well, as you stated well documented both here and elsewhere.
edit on 7-7-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
You may be missing one of the implications of the "out of Africa" theory.
It means that the people living in Africa now (or even recently) have no exclusive claim on these remains.
It means that everybody else in the world can look at the evidence of humanity in Africa and say "Those were our ancestors".

edit on 7-7-2017 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
You may be missing one of the implications of the "out of Africa" theory.
It means that the people living in Africa now (or even recently) have no exclusive claim on these remains.
It means that everybody else in the world can look at the evidence of humanity in Africa and say "Those were our ancestors".

Exactly, matter of fact hardly any human today no matter where, are relatives of each other, and this is no P.C khumbyaah thing either.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoolBuzz
All life like we know it started in Africa.

No it didnt

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:29 AM
link   

it also help if you don't refer to. Africans ancient and modern as a tribe.

Why? that is what they are.

Even today there society has barely evolved beyond it.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Not entirely on-topic, but nor is it entirely off-topic...just while we're both here and I remember. Do you have access to BBC i-player? If so there are a load of their archive archaeology programmes currently available featuring Mortimer Wheeler from the 1950s. They are a treasure trove, totally dated but fascinating from the perspective of how we used to look at history and our place in it...anyway, one of them is looking at the ruins in Zimbabwe. I didn't know anything about them, hadn't even heard of them, I am sure you have, even the glorious Sir Wheeler seems pretty clueless at that time, even so, he takes the viewer on a tour of the labyrinth like alleys running between the seemingly concentricly built towering granite walls. Just a joy to watch...also there is another series of them, where Wheeler (who really is a delight, although I keep expecting him to really be Chris Morris, of Brass Eye and IT Crowd fame, which adds to the pleasure for me, but may be lost on you), talks us through a fly over, in a Chinook seemingly, over Lepis Magna and other North-African Roman cities. That series is about the Roman Empire, I think it is called The Skeleton of an Empire, it's three parts and I can't remember which was the Lepis Magna one, but I can assure you, if you're able, you won't be disappointed. Sometimes a blast from the past can be quite refreshing.

Anyway, sorry to interupt thread-flow, but thought of you when I was watching and wanted to pass it on.

Just checked...the Zimbabwe one is "Buried Treasure: King Solomons Mines", and the Libya one, is one of the series, "The Grandeur that was Rome"...not sure which one though.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Looking at that, there is loads more from Mortimer that I haven't watched yet.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

yeah the whole Dogon/Sirius/Sphinx mystery is pretty mind blowing.

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Already read them sometime ago.

The whole ‘Out of Africa’ myth has its roots in the mainstream academic campaign in the 1990’s to remove the concept of Race. When I did my degree they all spent a lot of time on the ‘Out of Africa’ thing but it’s been completely disproved by genetics. Mainstream still hold on to it.

It did begin the early 90’s. And the academics most responsible for cementing both the Out-of Africa theory and the complementary common ancestral African mother – given the name of “Eve” – in the public arena and nearly every curriculum, were Professors Alan C. Wilson and Rebecca L. Cann. In their defense, the authors of this paper were fully aware that genealogy is not in any way linked to geography, and that their placement of Eve in Africa was an assumption, never an assertion. In their seminal paper The Recent African Genesis of Humans, they even stipulated “that all humans today can be traced along maternal lines of descent to a woman who lived about 200,000 years ago, probably in Africa.”

So how is it that their “probably” has morphed into our collective “definitely”?

Over time, even the two researchers came to discover that the research of Original Mitochondrial DNA was fundamentally flawed. Both separately conducted further tests on Mitochondrial DNA found within the blood of full-descent Original people, arriving at the same conclusion, both recanted their previous assumptions by acknowledging that Homo sapien sapiens originated in Australia

DNA Evidence Debunks the “Out-of-Africa” Theory of Human Evolution

It's same classical established academic BS that denies modern scientific facts, proof and evidence that the Sphinx is much older than originally theorized, despite geological proof, or that a cosmic impact caused a singular mega flood, despite geological proof and textual reference by nearly every old world culture and religion.

Even across to the board to medical science, it's the same phenomenon of mass delusion that ADHD is a legit mental disorder despite the prominent doctor behind the modern premise of the diagnosis stating “ADHD is a prime example of a fictitious disease.” and that he regretted his contributing research, shortly before his death.

There are two types of people in this world, those who see through the BS and those who regurgitate it. ...Don't be the latter.

edit on 7-7-2017 by rexsblues because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
There were quite little knowledge of human DNA when they announced " Out of Africa" theory, DNA study reveals that theory inaccurate. In next study they say Europeoids actually migrated TO Africa and not the other way around..

The finding that the Europeoid haplogroups did not descend from “African” haplogroups A or B is supported by the fact that bearers of the Europeoid haplogroups, as well as all non-African haplogroups do not carry either SNPs M91, P97, M31, P82, M23, M114, P262, M32, M59, P289, P291, P102, M13, M171, M118 (haplogroup A and its subclades SNPs) or M60, M181, P90 (haplogroup B), as it was shown recently in “Walk through Y” FTDNA Project (the reference is incorporated therein) on several hundred people from various haplogroups.

Scientific research

In few years we´ll propably will find out.. how many clusters of human craddle there have been..

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
There were quite little knowledge of human DNA when they announced " Out of Africa" theory, DNA study reveals that theory inaccurate. In next study they say Europeoids actually migrated TO Africa and not the other way around..

The finding that the Europeoid haplogroups did not descend from “African” haplogroups A or B is supported by the fact that bearers of the Europeoid haplogroups, as well as all non-African haplogroups do not carry either SNPs M91, P97, M31, P82, M23, M114, P262, M32, M59, P289, P291, P102, M13, M171, M118 (haplogroup A and its subclades SNPs) or M60, M181, P90 (haplogroup B), as it was shown recently in “Walk through Y” FTDNA Project (the reference is incorporated therein) on several hundred people from various haplogroups.

Scientific research

In few years we´ll propably will find out.. how many clusters of human craddle there have been..

I don't normally attack the player a single opposed to the Ball, but when someone used SCIRP as their citation, it's a little hard to take it seriously. They are one of the "pay to play" journals whose entire editorial staff resigned, more than once, over serious ethical violations. And I honestly do t have enough time in the day to go into everything that stinks aboutthe lovely Russian author of that paper. To say he's a crock is a mild understatement. Hence his options for publishing being limited to sketchy pay to play open source journals. It's journal line SCIRP that make real paleoanthropologists look like Schills and they do a great disservice to those of us conducting real research.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join