It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you give a Mouse a Cookie and the Liberal LGBT Agenda

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ReyaPhemhurth

originally posted by: GuidedKill

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I know what you mean. It's like black people. If you let 'em sit at the front of the bus, next thing you know, they wanna drink from the "whites only" fountain. Then they'll want to be able to get in the same colleges as the white folks and have access to the same jobs. Where's it gonna end?

Deflect much??

Being black is a race not a choice, being gay is a choice....Now that doesn't mean one or both should be discriminated against....

Just pointing out the obvious difference between the two

So...much....ignorance....

Before my head explodes....let's keep it short and simple for you.

Being gay is not a choice.

It isn't?? So the whole penis and vagina thing needed to reproduce life is just a myth? Got ya!!

Humans are animals, just a little smarter than most. But at the end of the day we are designed, evolved, what ever to reproduce. This only happens with the opposite sex....Do you agree with that point??

If that is the case and you were evolved to reproduce and you decide to lay with a member of the same sex that is a decision....It is not what your equipment was made for and you chose to use it in a different way. I didn't create science and anatomical facts....I just follow them.
edit on 6-7-2017 by GuidedKill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

You do realize that there was a whole group of people back in the '60's and '70's saying the EXACT same things about blacks wanting civil rights as the OP is saying in this thread today. The exact same things.

You can even go look at many of the arguments deployed against interracial marriage and see they were clearly repurposed against gay marriage. Things like appealing to religion; traditional marriage; etc.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Being black is a race not a choice, being gay is a choice....Now that doesn't mean one or both should be discriminated against....

No. No it isn't. This is probably the dumbest stereotype to continue to persist about homosexuality. Why would a teenager, with all the known stigma and hardships that go along with homosexuality, choose to be gay?

There is no amount of truth, evidence and reason that can convince the ignorance otherwise.

While I stand with you...

Let's get ready to tack some jello to a tree.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

I know what you mean. It's like black people. If you let 'em sit at the front of the bus, next thing you know, they wanna drink from the "whites only" fountain. Then they'll want to be able to get in the same colleges as the white folks and have access to the same jobs. Where's it gonna end?

Your an idiot in comparing this. Black people are born black and should be proud, they never tried to be who they werent. A boy growing up to be a cross dresser, now thats a different story. I wouldnt compare a black mans struggle with a cross dressing mans struggle lmao, pffft people these days lol

Do you know the difference between gays, trans and 'crossdressers'?

And...I think I may know the answer to this already but...do you believe being gay is a choice?

A trans is a cross dresser. A transgender woman will never have sex with a straight man. Trans are pretty much gay men who want men or lesbian woman who want women. Keep it simple.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:12 AM
link   

No. No it isn't. This is probably the dumbest stereotype to continue to persist about homosexuality. Why would a teenager, with all the known stigma and hardships that go along with homosexuality, choose to be gay?

Because society is making it easier every day to be accepted.....Some people just like to be the under dog or outcast as well...Maybe being gay is a mental disorder....I don't know. I have a sister who is gay now but was married for years and has children and even she cant explain it......Was never gay before and all of a sudden poof she is gay.....I personally believe she was just mistreated by #ty men and choose an easier way yo deal but what do I care.....She seems to be happy.

But I still think being gay is a choice......sorry you won't change me narrow mind.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Your an idiot in comparing this. Black people are born black and should be proud, they never tried to be who they werent. A boy growing up to be a cross dresser, now thats a different story. I wouldnt compare a black mans struggle with a cross dressing mans struggle lmao, pffft people these days lol

And...I think I may know the answer to this already but...do you believe being gay is a choice?

A trans is a cross dresser. A transgender woman will never have sex with a straight man. Trans are pretty much gay men who want men or lesbian woman who want women. Keep it simple.

I really don't think there is a single sentence you typed here that was factually accurate.

Crossdresser != transsexual. Straight men have had sex and even married transgender women. Trans people can be gay or straight; sometimes they even switch preferences when they go through reassignment. Keep it factual.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

If being a bigot means that not wanting all this extra special crap then yes I am a bigot.
Trans can get married, gays can get married, EVERY ONE can get married with rights. That should be the end of it.
But now we need special identifications and special birth certificates and special snow flake specialness for every single special person out there.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: xSEEKxNxSTRIKEx

A trans woman will never have sex with a straight man? I can't believe you just typed that.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: GuidedKill

Dude. No. Just because things have changed now in the US doesn't magically give credence to your ignorant stereotype. Look at the Middle East. Look at Russia. Hell, look at attitudes towards homosexuality in the US before the 90's. All those cultures are toxic towards the homosexual community yet kids still wind up gay in them. No sane person would choose to be gay knowing their fundamentalist christian family could very well throw them on the street at the age of 12. That is some heavy # to deal with when you are just starting to hit puberty; yet people like you keep insisting despite ALL logic that it is a choice.

As for your example with your sister, if you'd bother to keep up with the scientific consensus concerning homosexuality instead keeping your head in the sand with the "It's just a choice!" rhetoric you'd know that sexuality is considered fluid and can change over time. You could be gay as a teenager and become straight later or vice-versa. Sometimes you can become bi-sexual.

But I still think being gay is a choice......sorry you won't change me narrow mind.

At least you admit to being closed minded.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Moonshinne

I love that when I read that book to my daughter, her response was essentially "Screw that, I'm gonna feed mice". It was a proud moment for me.

And yes, your argument does have striking parallels to the civil rights struggles in the past. Equality for others feels like oppression to those who already have it. On one hand, you say it is equal but, on the other hand, you give examples of how it is not and how it's ridiculous to make it so.

Also, I'm pretty sure that kid wasn't indoctrinated by his parents to hate mice and then grow up to write anti-mice threads on ATS.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   

I really don't think there is a single sentence you typed here that was factually accurate.

Crossdresser != transsexual. Straight men have had sex and even married transgender women. Trans people can be gay or straight; sometimes they even switch preferences when they go through reassignment. Keep it factual.

Born a man, you will always be a man, born a woman, you will always be a woman. They only change cosmetics. They will never change theyre genetic make up to naturally produce woman hormones, have the bone structure of a woman to have children, Get real, if you put the body of a mustang on to a vw bug it doesnt make the vw a mustang... its still a vw bug with cosmetic changes.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

I love all this ability to flip flop....When I go to the gym and need to shower I'm a lesbian and use the girls locker room.....When I go to the amusement park and don't want to wait in line...im handicapped. When I don't agree with my boss and the way he treated me....I'm a minority who is being discriminated against......

And best of all.....When I can't find anything else to be a victim over.....I'm gay

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Might as well call yourselves the seahorse generation if you think you can change your XX and XY pfffft

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Deflect much??

Just pointing out the obvious difference between the two

So...much....ignorance....

Before my head explodes....let's keep it short and simple for you.

Being gay is not a choice.

It isn't?? So the whole penis and vagina thing needed to reproduce life is just a myth? Got ya!!

Humans are animals, just a little smarter than most. But at the end of the day we are designed, evolved, what ever to reproduce. This only happens with the opposite sex....Do you agree with that point??

If that is the case and you were evolved to reproduce and you decide to lay with a member of the opposite sex that is a decision....It is not what your equipment was made for and you chose to use it in a different way. I didn't create science and anatomical facts....I just follow them.

Again with the ignorance. Science would disagree with your simplistic statement there, bub.

Sexual preference and gender are two different things.

It is NOT a choice and you tying to use what we have between our legs as 'evidence' is laughable.
www.slate.com...

And for the almost 100 pg actual scientific report:
www.assaf.co.za...

"In 2014, researchers confirmed the association between same-sex orientation in men and a specific chromosomal region. This is similar to findings originally published in the 1990s, which, at that time, gave rise to the idea that a “gay gene” must exist. But this argument has never been substantiated, despite the fact that studies have shown that homosexuality is a heritable trait."

"it occurs through another mechanism, known as epigenetics.

Epigenetics relates to the influence of environmental factors on genes, either in the uterus or after birth. The field of epigenetics was developed after new methods were found that identify the molecular mechanisms (epi-marks) that mediate the effect of the environment on gene expression.

Epi-marks are usually erased from generation to generation. But under certain circumstances, they may be passed on to the next generation.

Normally, all females have two X-chromosomes, one of which is inactive or “switched off” in a random manner. Researchers have observed that in some mothers who have homosexual sons, there is an extreme “skewing” of inactivation of these X-chromosomes. The process is no longer random, and the same X-chromosome is inactivated in these mothers."

"This suggests that a region on the X-chromosome may be implicated in determining sexual orientation. The epigenetics hypothesis suggests that one develops a predisposition to homosexuality by inheriting these epi-marks across generations."

From an evolutionary perspective, same-sex relationships are said to constitute a “Darwinian paradox” because they do not contribute to human reproduction. This argument posits that because same-sex relationships do not contribute to the continuation of the species, they would be selected against.

If this suggestion were correct same-sex orientations would decrease and disappear with time. Yet non-heterosexual orientations are consistently maintained in most human populations and in the animal kingdom over time.
There also appear to be compensating factors in what is known as the “balancing selection hypothesis,” which accounts for reproduction and survival of the species. In this context, it has been demonstrated that the female relatives of homosexual men have more children on average than women who do not have homosexual relatives."

"The academy found that a multitude of scientific studies have shown sexual orientation is biologically determined. There is not a single gene or environmental factor that is responsible for this—but rather a set of complex interactions between the two that determines one’s sexual orientation.

However, more evidence is leading investigators to a specific region on the X-chromosome and possibly a region on another chromosome."

I'd encourage you to do more reading, but both the article and actual report I included within this post do not include any pictures of deer, antlers or hunting motifs.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

I just call it not easily influenced....You know not weak minded.

Sorry I just don't buy into the born gay BS..

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I love all this ability to flip flop....When I go to the gym and need to shower I'm a lesbian and use the girls locker room.....When I go to the amusement park and don't want to wait in line...im handicapped. When I don't agree with my boss and the way he treated me....I'm a minority who is being discriminated against......

And best of all.....When I can't find anything else to be a victim over.....I'm gay

Way to invent an argument I never made out of thin air. Can't think of a rebuttal? Strawman that bitch! It's the ATS way. That way you don't have to ever challenge your thinking and can just derail a difficult topic with nonsense instead.
edit on 6-7-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Sounds like a great daughter you have there.
I never meant my thread to be ignorant and hateful. I don't care who marries who that's their choice and go for it. My point is over the course of a decade everything has been given to them that was originally requested and now that they have it we have to move on to more absurd and ridiculous requests to now suit the needs of the few.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Right. Closed minded. I know. I'm not fooled.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: luciferslight

All that you are doing is throwing names at people. Labels.

Read what I said. Read what I said where I stated that I actively wish people could live life as they wish, and allow others to do so as well.

But what we have here is a situation where the LGBTQ community is choosing to ram the topic down the throat of those who choose to live their lives as they see fit.

Thanksgiving Day 2016, the Macy's parade featured many broadway musical set pieces. One of which was Kinky Boots. While it did not bother me or create a situation where I was uncomfortable in things it forced me to address with my children, I have friends who it would have made very uncomfortable in that situation. Friends that are very religious.

When California first enacted the no smoking inside public area laws (like bars and restaurants), I was in San Francisco. The way they handled it was wonderful. There were places that people smoked, and places where people didn't smoke. If you wanted to smoke, or were ok working in such an environment, you went there. Otherwise, you went to the nonsmoking establishment. Nobody called police. Nobody said new laws were needed. Adults handled it in a rather adult manner. They behaved like adults.

Oh, and funny again how you call me close minded (without knowing who or what I am). When I lived in San Francisco, I loved the openness and the people.

What we have and are dealing with today are adults with the maturity of children. Who want what they want without considering anyone else's needs, wants, or rights.

Yepp, I'm close minded. Yepp. Uh-huh.

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You don't buy into what your limited capacity of a brain can fail to understand.

How's that rock you're living under? Nice a cozy? I sure hope so.

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join