It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge who put 311 people in jail for pot now smokes it to save his own life.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   
My guess is he was a heavy cig smoker most of his life which is how he ended up with COPD. So he was an addict but thought it was the right thing to do to lock-up people who weren't addicts. Nice. I love this world.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 08:02 PM
link   
lord this post is so out ragas . Guess waht pot is illegal even having more then a amount in Washington is still illegal .
Having said that it should be legal as right now some ware around 100 million people have alest tried it and 40 million may be smoking weekly .
But that is not the worst of it Pot is illegal Wrong or right . Right now tehre are over 50,000 people in jail who have Committed NO crime what so ever are denied a trial and a lawyer .
so it puts your ooo pot should be legal because i like it to shame

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThirdBlindMouse
a reply to: notsure1

Reefer madness scared the heck out of that generation.

He thought at the time he was doing the right thing.

So did the nazi soldiers... Ignorance of the facts is no defence.

"Oh sorry officer, I didn't know killing all those people wasn't okay, I thought I was doing the right thing"

Just isn't going to cut the mustard, is it? Why is it okay for this guy? The OP is right, the guy is a giant hypocrite! He can't put right the harm he caused just as I can't in my theoretical argument above!

EDIT: He would have never have questioned the status quo while in his position of power! Because he LOVED power! He probably got a hard on everytime he brought down that hammer on some innocent pot tokers!

He was getting great money, had great prestige, respect! Why rock the boat? Just send those people to jail! Can you imagine 311 peoples lives ruined! Sorry, I would rather have sympathy for them and stand with them than this imbecile! Sorry he deserves everything he gets! I hope all his green is tainted with mites! Lol

Oh and that 311 peoples lives ruined is just the direct tally! What about the indirect one? What about kids growing up without dads or mums etc... What about parents, siblings, friends! All going through pain and stress! I'm betting the real tally is in the thousands!
edit on 1-7-2017 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-7-2017 by Meee32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
a reply to: Raggedyman

Judges make choices. They can be lenient if they want. And it's the law and it was broken argument is weak. To quote Frank zappa the United States is a nation of laws, badly written and randomly enforced. That is very true. We all break laws. None of us are squeaky clean. Speeding here. A seatbelt there. Some more than others. I was not consulted about these laws when they were drawn up. I did not agree to any of it I'm forced to obey via threats of jail. There is no consistency in the punishments. From judge to judge, person to person, county to county the punishment vary. The judge could have chosen a lenient punishment for 311 non violent offenders. # him and his change of heart. Maybe some of those dudes he popped had copd or chronic pain and did not want to go the pull route. Not everyone that enjoys it is a super stoner. Screw him

Pretty much sums up my position.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

If he'd taken some personal rsponsibility and properly researched the plant when he was first asked to judge someone then maybe he'd be a decent human being.

He was the tool to ruin hundreds of people's lives for making a choice about their own body.

And it took him decades to realise?

A willing cog in the authoritarian system.

What an absolute c##t.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   
a reply to: skalla

It's the same over here isn't it? Judgements and decisions being made on the back of politics and having sweet FA to do with science. Dr Knutt got fired for pointing out more people die because of horses than taking MDMA and that marijuana is less harmful than sweet drinks.

Still, he's keeping alive the long tradition of hypocrisy and 'do as I say' snottiness. Yay!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Aye, it's seemingly such a small thing because people create and normalise their own work arounds but it's just so ludicrous i have trouble believing anyone could seriously justify it.

The jail terms that some get/got for enjoying their own body is a crime in itself.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
So he just kept locking people up for 30 years ,311 by his count, because he didnt know there were really benefits to cannabis and he hated it.

Right, so he was locking up people who smoked pot **because he didnt know there were medical benefits to it**? Is that what you're saying?

Had he known he would of let them all off, right? I wasn't aware pot was legal to smoke in Florida in all cases.

Or, whether he agreed with the law itself or not, he was doing his job and following the law? O_o

I'm glad things are changing in regards to pot and its consumption. But give the guy a break.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join