It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge who put 311 people in jail for pot now smokes it to save his own life.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A retired Florida judge says he regrets putting so many people in jail for pot offenses since he was diagnosed with COPD and cannabis has saved his life.

He is now an advocate for cannabis and says the government has suppressed the information for 70 years.

So he just kept locking people up for 30 years ,311 by his count, because he didnt know there were really benefits to cannabis and he hated it.

So IMO this is one of the biggest hypocrites of all time.

LOl he didnt know he says, the info was suppressed he says, but then he says after his diagnosis his wife found all this "suppressed " info in 4 hours on the internet.

Now since it helped him he had to become a criminal and obtain it illegally .

I think he should have to do a year in jail, then 3 more years of ISP (intensive supervision probation) complete a drug offender program, then attend at least 2 NA meeting a week.

Also he needs to be put on the color code , so he has to call a number every day and if his color comes up he has to run down to the lab and pull out his junk for some creepy jackass to inspect and make him lift up his sack then watch him pee in a cup.

Then after that he need to go pay them 28$ for the pleasure. Then go home and call the next day and his damm color comes up again.

BUt thats just me, maybe he really didnt know.

Throughout the course of his career as a Florida judge, Doug Bench hated marijuana. He admits to locking up hundreds of people for this plant and did so because he thought it was the right thing to do. While it is too late for the now-retired judge to help those whose lives he likely ruined through the persecution of pot, he is taking actions to help countless others now and in the future.When Bench was diagnosed with Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, or COPD, which can result in a slow and painful death, his life was saved after realizing the benefits of cannabis in treating his disease. Now, Bench has made it his life’s work to wake people up to the “70 years of lies” the US government has told the citizens about marijuana.

thefreethoughtproject.com...

edit on 29-6-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
a reply to: notsure1

I think that his opinion has evolved over time and he has grown as a person. I don't see a problem with his change of heart. After all, I would hate to think I could never evolve from my current beliefs...especially if presented with new evidence.

Chill out on this dude...he is doing his best.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Being that Medical Cannabis is now legal in Florida and there has been decriminalization measures in the past there: Would assume the with the decriminalization that maybe the jailed can now be taken care of appropriately. As after recreational legalization happened in Washington State many inmates jailed for marijuana were let free-one source.

This still doesn't dismiss what the judge did and he should now lobby that they are given less sentences, released or other, but then it again figures, the judges and law makers only want certain things if it benefits them.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Just because he had the internet doesnt mean he would have taken a more liberal approach to Marijuana.
311 convictions may seem a lot nut over how many years?
He's regretted what he did and is now trying to make a better world. Whats wrong with that?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

You said it nice....thanks

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Judges are some of the most hypocritical people on the planet; right there with police officers & politicians.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Reefer madness scared the heck out of that generation.

He thought at the time he was doing the right thing.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So much irony

Pot

Hypocrite

Probably smokes then plays some 311 on his guitar.

What a

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I would take bets that he has been smoking the whole time.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think it's good what he's doing... it takes courage to admit you were wrong for decades. He just needs to find a way to petition the state to release the people he sentenced. However, he is probably smart and realizes that the state would never do such a thing because they would be admitting fault and would have to release a ton more people. The next best thing is to go public and lobby for the right cause, which is what he seems to be doing.

He changed for the better, better late than never.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think that his opinion has evolved over time and he has grown as a person. I don't see a problem with his change of heart. After all, I would hate to think I could never evolve from my current beliefs...especially if presented with new evidence.

Sry. A judge for over 30 years he saw everything. He saw crack heads meth heads, heroin addicts, crank, L S D,PCP, he saw it all. But still chose to lump pot in with all the rest. Like he couldnt tell the difference, and if he couldnt he had no business being a judge.

He is a criminal by his own admission and should pay the same price he made others pay.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Just because he had the internet doesnt mean he would have taken a more liberal approach to Marijuana.
311 convictions may seem a lot nut over how many years?
He's regretted what he did and is now trying to make a better world. Whats wrong with that?
Well, it does mean that he took basic civil rights away from over 300 people and possibly changed the entire course of their lives simply because he didn't understand anything about what the # he was doing, soooo..... # his apologies. He basically kidnapped 300 innocent people and held them in less than human worthy conditions for who knows how long. What this story should be about is how some inhuman politicians continue to keep taking the despicable position that no good people use MJ.

Would you forgive someone who kept 300 people locked up in his basement for using oregano?
edit on 29-6-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Um...he has a body count. He has seriously harmed others. I don't care if he changed his mind, it doesnt even begin to undue what he's done. And over an opinion, an issue that harms no one, the illegal aspects of it creating the black market, and street thugs, that part is criminal, but people should be thatching their roofs with this beautiful plant nature has given.

The seeds and resources and land of the planet belong to all creatures great and small and it literally takes a evil criminal who brutally beats others down to rob them of their rights and resources, which is a massive crime.

Our world is founded on massive crimes.

So, he took people that were not murdering or raping or doing hideous things, such as opening your borders for example, to high risk people and deliberately trying to destroy the middle class, free and equal, no crime at all, and threw them in the jail over a belief.

You don't make up for the body count and the hellish torture others go through. I'm sorry. Its all on him. He will pass over and he will be facing every second he has harmed other people.

ALL JUDGES, ALL POLITICIANS, ANYONE WHO ABUSES POWER OR HARMS HAS HUGE THINGS WAITING FOR THEM.
edit on 30-6-2017 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

I agree F him.

Try getting a job with a PERMANENT record. "Oh "drug" charge, yeah, sorry we are not hiring"

How is barring good employment for the rest of someone's life not cruel and unusual punishment?

This needs fixed, or we need a new government all together.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

Sry. A judge for over 30 years he saw everything. He saw crack heads meth heads, heroin addicts, crank, L S D,PCP, he saw it all. But still chose to lump pot in with all the rest. Like he couldnt tell the difference, and if he couldnt he had no business being a judge.

He is a criminal by his own admission and should pay the same price he made others pay.

That's the problem you have these older(probably some younger too) judges, politicians stuck in their ways over this, not knowing the difference because they are stubborn or are upholding a leaning against it "because that's how it is" to them.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Just-us has been served.

Now he will die with the knowledge and remorse with the amount of lives hes wrecklessly ruined.

I pray that for the sake of his soul he able to rectify this situation becoming a strong advocate against the failed and useless war on drugs and war on civil liberty

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7
a reply to: Woodcarver

I agree F him.

Try getting a job with a PERMANENT record. "Oh "drug" charge, yeah, sorry we are not hiring"

How is barring good employment for the rest of someone's life not cruel and unusual punishment?

This needs fixed, or we need a new government all together.

Wonder why so many people in this country are pissed?

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

The people are pissed because they are rigging the gd game.

This "free" country has been subverted into a bunch of cattle to milk.

Every gd direction they can think of.

Serfdom via laws.

It is getting old.

Who would want to have kids in this country with the direction they are going.

Parents need to stomp this activity out, or just go give birth in prison.

It is really f'd that I even need to research better countries to live in because passive people have let this garbage fly for so long.

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I would take bets that he has been smoking the whole time.

... for free from the evidence rooms or wherever they store that stuff after trial. 😏

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   
All is well and good , but can someone elucidate how pot cured COPD ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join