It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Anchor: Trump Putting Journalists In Danger

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: JinMI

Just because you watch MSM news you and your liberal buddy's always trying to downplay Info wars,they verify their news they are under great scrutiny,more opinions being made

One more time? In English perhaps?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: UKTruth

Ok so you are going to give us a few examples of similar threads about Obama?

Stop deflecting - you responded to detailed analysis of how badly Trump was treated by the media in terms of negative coverage, with a reference to what people did to Obama. For equivalence you should post similar stats showing the same sort of negative bias towards Obama - if it exists.

Here is a chart from Obama's 2008 election leading into the vote..as a starting point. Looks fairly balanced, with a slight skew towards positive to me.

www.journalism.org...
edit on 29/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2
a reply to: JinMI

Just because you watch MSM news you and your liberal buddy's

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
LoL, just turned to CNN for a second to see what they were pushing.

Current banner:

"President Trump spreads fake news while blasting media"

Glad to see them double down on their BS, I'm sure it will work out well for them.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64
LoL, just turned to CNN for a second to see what they were pushing.

Current banner:

"President Trump spreads fake news while blasting media"

Glad to see them double down on their BS, I'm sure it will work out well for them.

They have now turned into a 24hr comedy sketch - you can;t find anything funnier on TV than watching the CNN meltdown.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Totally agree!

Its priceless.

I thought they might back off the Russia thing but it seems they are doubling down.

Current banner:
"Rep.Jordan; Investigate the Russian investigators"

Its like an old SNL skit at this point, FAR better than the new SNL for the LuLz.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
look if you a reporter going into a forign land that is in total chaos you are putting your life in your own hands moron. if a guerilla/isis/saudi operative cuts off your head no one is to blame except you for going there period. now on the home front yes you might get slapped around for poking your nose in other peoples business but that has always been part of the business how many reporters wore cement loafers and swam ewith the fishes for reporting on the mob. mo one said being a reporter was a safe job want to cover safe news try covering garden shows.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

If you live there and the conflict errupts, is it still the beheaded faults ?

An Eyewitness to the Syrian Rebellion: Father Frans in His Own Words

An examination of texts published by Father Frans van der Lugt in 2011 and 2012 shows that the late Dutch Jesuit priest had a dim view of the Syrian rebellion, which he held to be the work of a violent minority, and favored a process of political reform in Syria to be implemented by the current government under President Bashar Al-Assad.

Father Frans was murdered under still unclarified circumstances in the embattled Syrian city of Homs earlier this month.(April 2014)

From the start, the protest movements were not purely peaceful. From the start I saw armed demonstrators marching along in the protests, who began to shoot at the police first. Very often the violence of the security forces has been a reaction to the brutal violence of the armed rebels.

Moreover, from the start there has been the problem of the armed groups, which are also part of the opposition….The opposition of the street is much stronger than any other opposition. And this opposition is armed and frequently employs brutality and violence, only in order then to blame the government. Many representatives of the government (regeringsmensen – Father Frans might also be referring to supporters of the government) have been tortured and shot dead by them.

In the first place, it has to be said that it is very difficult to provide a nuanced and objective account of what is happening. Many journalists fall into describing matters in black and white. For them, good and evil are not interwoven, but are clearly separated. They demonize the one side and glorify the other. Thus, for example, it is not true that our (the Syrian) government has only bad sides and the opposition only good ones. But because the US, Europe and certain Arab countries support the opposition, they endeavor, whether consciously or unconsciously, to idealize it as much as possible, without engaging in any careful analysis of the real situation. Certain interests are obscuring our view of the real situation and contaminating the description of it.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: kurthall
sorry my friend but those uk news sources you spoke upon are just repeating the same scipt that almost all the main stream news was handed by the people out to stop the trump presidency. and no real americans for the most part don't give 2 turds what the media are saying we are to busy trying to keep afloat after last cloewn in office hung his crappy obamacare crap around our necks.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The king of deflection telling me to stop deflecting.
Priceless.
I love it.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

May I ask you why you consider the stament of dutch priest living in Syria as a 'UK news source' ?
Here comes another one - from Belgian priest, on his blog :

Destruction of a Harmonious Syria

Regarding reports on alleged war crimes of the Assad troops, such as air raids or gassing his own people Father Daniel Maes says: "The media reports on Syria are the largest media lie of our time. They have spread pure nonsense about Assad. "

In reality, it was the rebels who plundered and killed. Do you think the Syrian people are stupid? Believe that these people were forced to cheer Assad and Putin.
According to Father Daniel, the Americans in Syria are concerned about pipelines and natural resources in the region, as well as to harming Vladimir Putin.

Saudi Arabia and Qatar wanted to build an extreme Sunni/ Whhabi state in Syria without religious freedom. That's why they want Assad out.

When the Syrian army prepared for the battle of Aleppo, Muslim soldiers came to me to get the blessing. There is no problem between normal Muslims and Christians.

They are those Western Islamic rebels who want to massacre us. They are all Al-Qaeda and IS. There are no more moderate fighters.

edit on 29-6-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   

This would suggest that CNN had actual journalists, and not people sitting there reading from scripts....which is all they do today.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Number of Journalists killed worldwide in the first 6 months of the Obama administration: 23
Number of Journalists killed worldwide in the first 6 months of the Trump administration: 17
Source: cpj.org...

Statistically no difference - Does this mean that Obama's "treatment of the media" was just as "dangerous" as Trump's, or does this mean that Journalists (1246 killed since 1992 - an average of about 50 per year) are often in harm's way covering war zones which tend (not surprisingly) to attract a great number of wounded and dead people, or is this just more hyperbole and BS from CNN (the Counterfeit "News" Network)?

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Was Goebbels in danger in Germany, when he was minster of propaganda ?

Nah, they will be fine.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: IlluminatiTechnician

This would suggest that CNN had actual journalists, and not people sitting there reading from scripts....which is all they do today.

You do know the talking heads are not journalists right? The journalists are the ones getting the stories for the talking heads to repeat.

I swear the people that dont know the basic about journalism keep spouting out BS like they know #.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: Pyle

I was hoping you'd tighten up your "High Information" after my last closing remark, but it seems you're doubling down by now twisting my unique reason for being here into just another excuse for Hillary's Blame Game.

Ever thought for a second that maybe the culmination of all those events are what caused her loss? Some of it obvoius fox news trolling but no one thing caused clinton's loss.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: theultimatebelgianjoke

The GOP didn't rigged their primaries in order to give the ticket to the most crooked candidate ...

I cant protest something that didnt happen.

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke
there is a difference to being a civilian stuck in a bad area and a journalist who travels from say new york city to aleepo. also how is this priest dying because of something trump did trump was not potus in 2014 that was barry. i am talking about hotshort reporters who jump in hotspots for a story they put their selves at risk .

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
not saying father fran was wrong i too believe that the syrian crap is saudis wanting to control oil and pipelines and all that and we should not have any dealings with those turds in the sand

posted on Jun, 29 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I was hoping you'd tighten up your "High Information" after my last closing remark, but it seems you're doubling down by now twisting my unique reason for being here into just another excuse for Hillary's Blame Game.

Ever thought for a second that maybe the culmination of all those events are what caused her loss? Some of it obvoius fox news trolling but no one thing caused clinton's loss.

Everything but herself and her campaign, right?

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join