It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian tries peanut butter and jam for first time in his life

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:33 AM
link   
We Russians don't just fix elections world wide lol, we also work hard and pay our taxes

I am old school Russian 45 years old, I am fit and strong, I play soccer for fun and have wife with 2 children (kids are in college)

We moved to Canada about 5 years ago because my cousin has big construction business in Vancouver

I don't like your western food overall because it is ....how to say.... very bad

You put sugar into everything, and I do mean everything. Sugar in beans, sugar in tomatoes, sugar in bread

It would be time saving apparatus to just list food you Don't put sugar in.

Lots of food tastes the same because everything has that sweet undertone that prevents individual flavours of food to come out

If I want to eat real bread in Canada I have to go to small bakery and pay huge sum of money for real bread, or have wife make bread

Nothing beats pork on a spit roasted with real wood and smoke

Russian cuisine is pretty much lots of meat and potatoes

BUT

I recently tried peanut butter and jam which we do have in Russia but eat it separately

Wow very nice combination assuming you don't buy those crapy hydrogenated peanut butter, hydrogenated peanut butter will kill you.

I just had 5 slices and I put very thick amounts

You get fats, proteins, complex carbs and simple sugars, if you buy quality jam, you can even get vitamins and fibre

Truly winning combination

You can feed an army and go to war with peanut butter and jam, no need for complex rations

Even though it has lots of sugar, peanut butter makes sure you don't go loopy

I would make commercial like this

"Feed you troops peanut and jam, minimise AWOL statistics"

Your secret is out

We got you now Americans hehehe

We just need our government ministry to present to motherland how we invented it LOL

Very filing too, holds you right whole day, not like Chinese food where you are hungry by the time you get home from restaurant

I notice it doesn't make for difficult digestion either, strength to run without the heavy

That's it !

I am emailing Putin right now !

Hope you enjoyed this thread, my next thread, Russian eats sushi LOL

Charging that amount for mostly rice, Japanese are making fools out of everyone, they are very smart, they don't say much in conversation but they are very smart

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Ya should try bacon . Puts peanut butter an jelly to shame . Or visit singapore an try the chilli crab .

Oh an tell vlad to send more vodka my supply running low .

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   
When I was kid. I take a Pb&J sandwich to school. The jam would soak the bread and it be not so good.

Then one day. My step mom at the time made me one with peanut butter on both slices with jam in the center. Not only did it stop from soaking. It made that sandwich a hundred times better. It's a lot of peanut butter. But ooo is it worth it.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
a reply to: ToohotinBC

Japanese were very smart but now seafood diet includes Mercury heavy metal poisoning and they have game shows where people harm themselves to win.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Japanese were very smart but now seafood diet includes Mercury heavy metal poisoning and they have game shows where people harm themselves to win.

Ouch

That's not good, every society has low class yes

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: VengefulGhost

Oh we do bacon a lot but would never mix bacon with anything sweet

I wouldn't do it for 5000 dollars

6000 ?

We can talk

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   

That's a staple dish growing up, at least in the majority of the U.S. I'm quite enthused to hear that you enjoyed it. Sadly, my exposure to traditional Russian fare has been pretty limited. Black bread, stroganoff (if that's actually Russian
I'm not sure), borscht, that sort of thing. But where I grew up, Cajun cuisine is the major influence. And there's not as much sugar in most of those dishes as in a lot of Western cooking. If you've not had it, and you get the chance to try it, I'd recommend giving it a shot.

Quick question for you; is it true that Russia only recently decided to classify beer as an alcoholic beverage, instead of a soft drink?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:02 AM
link   
I only mix bacon with more bacon .

Not eat sweet food here .

How about 2 bottles vodka an homemade borsht instead .
edit on 25617 by VengefulGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:14 AM
link   

If you're feeling risky try buttering your pb&j on the outside and brown in up in a pan, let cool for a couple of minutes (sugar gets very hot when heated) and eat up, for even more diabetes just dust some powder sugar or add a scoop of your favorite ice cream.

thesaneone is not responsible for any disease you may suffer from eating the above.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Fun stuff.

I'm hoping you might speak to, some 15 years ago I was reading a page about Russian culture that had a section about Russian cuisine.

It said that Russian's dont use a lot of spices, I got the impression dont like a lot of spices.

From other things I've read about the centralized planning the food rationing sort of schemes in the old USSR, and the like (such as no deodorant), I reflected on the old thing about Russian's not liking and got this theory that the Communist Regime starved the nation of rich tastebuds from having access to a wide array in bulk of the alchemy of life: spices.

To me it seems a most perverse form of oppression, to with hold access to lots of spices for so long that even after the fall of the USSR the bulk of such a large nation still haven't gotten around to discovering what they've been missing.

If true I find this horrifically unacceptable.

So I'm hoping you might chime in on this little theory of mine.

Yeah, sugar. I dont cook with it or salt. Spices not sweets!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 05:47 AM
link   

We just need our government ministry to present to motherland how we invented it

I'm sure that can be arranged...

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   
This OP proves that it is not just Germans that are unfairly derided for having no sense of humour.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:39 AM
link   

I"m glad you enjoyed it! PBJ is a favorite in my house for my son who is 4.

As for sugar in everything, it is quite annoying but I make my own breads and if not I buy the kinds without added artificial sugars. Sugar is in everything here and it isn't needed. I remember grabbing some pickles one day and just glanced at the ingredients, top of the list HFCS. EWWWW! No need for that in pickles, needless to say I never bought pickles again.

I would LOVE to hear some Russian recipes. I love making new foods and well Russian isn't something I haven't tried yet. What are some traditional foods for Russians? What is your peanut butter and jam version over there, meaning what is a popular item in Russia for families?

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
have you tried peanut butter and borscht?
i hear its tasty

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

I have no idea if you're in some kind of character or if any of that was real, but you are hilarious. Good job.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Heh, you need to either make your own peanut butter, so you are just getting the ground nuts with some salt or get a quality brand of natural peanut butter. Then get a good quality jam. If you can find a local farm that makes it like we have here where you can get no sugar added with just fruit, juice, and pectin you're golden. Then nice bakery bread.

Then ... you have PB&J!

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

I loved you're thread. As an American (Texan) born and raised, I agree with you completely.

The sugar is out of control in our country (western society). The companies learned that sugar hits the receptors in your brain just like drugs and causes addiction like results.

I personally actively cut sugar from my diet.

That being said, the only "sweets" that I'll eat from time to time is salted dark chocolate and peanut butter. Mmmmm.

Keep the threads up! Your English is good, but you're still noticeably Russian, and I wouldn't have it any other way.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I love that hard, stiff and black bread of yours, Mother Russia! Toasted and with real butter, it is delicious... but intense, haha.

Now that you have discovered peanut butter and jam, you should now try peanut butter and Mao-O-Spread, a maple syrup based kind of caramel... yeah sugar, but it's worth it.

edit on 25-6-2017 by NowanKenubi because: Sunday morning typo. We are sunday morning, right???

edit on 25-6-2017 by NowanKenubi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

You should eat sandwich of true American hero, Elvis Presley, peanut butter, banana and bacon fried with butter. Fueled by powerful nutrients Elvis Presley single handedly defeated East German troops in Cold War causing erection of Berlin Wall. Each bite is like delicious capitalism in your mouth. Try, you like too.

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I wonder if that lil Fukushima thing swayed them from their seafood diet

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join