It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

bought a 95 talon. awd. turbo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
this thing is nasty man.
not a show car by any stretch. i got it for a good price. dude was cool.
had some work done. motor rebuilt at 18k. forged internals. bigger turbo. bigger intercooler. k&n filter. pulling 20lbs of boost.

loving it right now. still have some cash left

my buddy at work as a wrx. slight mods.
cant wait till monday

edit on 24-6-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Nice looking car glad you were able to find something. Saw your used car buying rant the other day yea it's a pain in the ass had to drive 8 hours to pick up my truck but it was worth it for a 2000 Dodge Ram 1500 with only 73000 miles and I've only got it up to 77k in 5 years so that thing will last me forever since I don't go anywhere most the time...

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
1g is where it's at man.

Do see a lot more of those around though. Looks pretty nice.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
a reply to: HaurusTheShaman

the process has sucked.
i felt this dude had it priced fair. i offered 300 less than what he was asking and he took it.
i also got the old turbo and intercooler. all kinds of piping. the stock wheels with new tires and some other misc stuff.

im not positive it will pass e check. there is no light on but it is not running a cat. open exhaust.
it is obd2 though.
before i bought it i called my guy that works on my stuff. i have a pt turbo, not really a tuner but this dude specializes in tuners. he works on my buddies wrx. he has a supra in his shop right now.
he does custom tubing a pipe.

so he said to go to the self keyosk thing at e check and plug it in and see if it passes. it may cause no lights are on and it does have an 02 sensor.
if it fails i will have to go in and they will fail me for no cat.

when you fail you can get a waiver if you show proof of 300 dollars worth of work done. my dude said if i fail he will cut into my exhaust and weld me up a custom down pipe and he has high flow cats he will hook up and that will cover my 300 in parts and labor.

i was worried about the e check but in talking to him i decided to go for it.

i love it. like i said it is rough around the edges. has a few dings. no dents. small rust spot in rear quarter but my guy does body work too.

i only drive about 8 miles a day back and forth to work. just wanted something fun. not looking for a show car.

this thing is crazy fast man....
im not used to driving something that pulls like this. my pt is at like 6lbs of boost. its nice for my wife but i have not been super excited about it.
this talon is insane man...
i had a 2000 mustang gt and i will take this talon any day over that.

still have money left to buy my wife a new bass.

it was a good day

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock
1g is where it's at man.

Do see a lot more of those around though. Looks pretty nice.

there is not much in this area for what i wanted.
i dont have the time or desire to drive 100 miles away for what i was looking to spend.

im stoked about this.

all i want to do is run it next to my buddies wrx. i think i have a chance.
he destroyed the pt obviously. i dont think its going to happen with this

and thanks man

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

A buddy of mine has a 2g talon with around 600hp, it's pretty crazy.

I'm too cheap to go chasing power levels like that.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Back in the day, I knew a guy that was taking v8 bigblocks in the quarter in a wrenched on Talon...low 13s to high 12s as I remember. Crazy quick.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
one of my favorites, good going!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
this thing is nasty man.
not a show car by any stretch. i got it for a good price. dude was cool.
had some work done. motor rebuilt at 18k. forged internals. bigger turbo. bigger intercooler. k&n filter. pulling 20lbs of boost.

loving it right now. still have some cash left

my buddy at work as a wrx. slight mods.
cant wait till monday

Ive seen plenty of these pushing 800hp at the wheels, they can be outright beasts if built right. Nice car and good find!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Nice lookin' ride! I am a little jealous, but I like my little Subaru for the winters here in Vermont
With AWD that thang would work great too I'd bet though. Def. a little jealous! Is it a 5-speed manual transmission?

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   
It looks like it is in pretty decent shape for it's age.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

I drive a 2000 Audi TT Quattro. AWD 225HP before light mods. Drop spindles, adjustable rear sway, springs are the red ones, KO4 Turbo, large injectors. 9.3:1 and top at 21lb boost. They are fun. I love your ride.

$7100 3 years ago at 95,000mi

edit on 24-6-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-6-2017 by ttropia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

Nice lookin' ride! I am a little jealous, but I like my little Subaru for the winters here in Vermont
With AWD that thang would work great too I'd bet though. Def. a little jealous! Is it a 5-speed manual transmission?

its an auto.
that couldnt be helped.
my wife can not and will not drive a stick. she has bad anxiety about driving. no matter what i do it has to be an auto.
i dont mind though...

i turn the overdrive off and slip it in low and upshift manually when it hits 7k rpm

this thing is a monster for sure.

oh yeah as you can see it has headers too.
those are the only mods

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ttropia

those are sick too
i love audi

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

is the bonnet bulge for the cam cover?
ha ive not seen that before, cool car though, whatever it is.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rikku

apparently yes.
i had never seen under the hood of one until today so i thought it was for the turbo heat shield but its not.
pretty sure the non turbo versions do not have that bulge

so the dude that is banging my neighbor just rolled up in a 3000gt twin turbo. i have been hearing the car pull up but did not know what it was. she usually has a different dude every few nights but this guy must have the big one cause its been a couple weeks for him.
anyway i was outside when he pulled up and we got to talking.
what he is running and what i am.

he said i will probably get him. i dont know. he is running twin stock at 12lbs.
i think i will get him too.

he said he will be there in the morning so we shall see then

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: Rikku

apparently yes.
i had never seen under the hood of one until today so i thought it was for the turbo heat shield but its not.
pretty sure the non turbo versions do not have that bulge

so the dude that is banging my neighbor just rolled up in a 3000gt twin turbo. i have been hearing the car pull up but did not know what it was. she usually has a different dude every few nights but this guy must have the big one cause its been a couple weeks for him.
anyway i was outside when he pulled up and we got to talking.
what he is running and what i am.

he said i will probably get him. i dont know. he is running twin stock at 12lbs.
i think i will get him too.

he said he will be there in the morning so we shall see then

Thanks for the scoop. That the white house?
Sounds like a pretty hot match up.

Good luck. Do keep us informed.

# 813

edit on 24-6-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Auto dsms are actually the faster setup for most guys.

I'm keeping am eye out for a clean stick first gem. Always liked them growing up.

AWD Mitsubishis are great. I had an evo and really miss it. First one was stock, second one was lightly modded. Great cars.

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

no.
neighbor on the other side

posted on Jun, 25 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I regards to the emissions, does the car have a blow off valve? If so, is it atmospheric? If it does, you will most definitely fail. Dont fret though, all you need to do is recirculate the excess pressure back through and that will clean it up. If the car has a boost controller, i would dial it down to 12 psi.
While on the topic of boost controllers, if you dont have one, id definitely get one. If you want to seriously enjoy this car, id keep it dialed down to 12-14 psi (or lower) for daily driving. For street racing (which i dont recommend) 18-20 psi, for track racing you can boost higher. Some friends and I had 91 with all forged internals, hypereutectic pistons/rod, crank knifed & balanced, beefed up cam & just the stock jdm head (ported) stage 3 turbo, intercooler from a semi retrofitted and a turbo timer/boost controller, and most importantly, CLUTCH CLUTCH CLUTCH!!!! DONT SKIMP on the clutch! Buy the best you can afford off the bat cuz they WILL EAT THEM QUICK!!!
With all the mods, at the track (1/4 mi) we were able to boost @ 31psi, (yes, thats 31 PSI!) and got 36 runs before having to do a rebuild. (Best time was a 12.3, average was 12.6-12.8. 60 ft times were INSANE!!!
Next to clutch, TIRES TIRES TIRES!!!!;
If its a driver, some good quality streetable slicks, if its a race car, straight slicks.
The beauty of these cars lies in the AWD. The DO NOT squeal the tires at all! Rev it to around 5k, dump the clutch, and HANG THE F&#* ON!!!
Disregard the clutch comments, i see it is an Auto 😔...
If I remember right, they do make a Trans brake kit for it, so you can still launch.

Damn, thanks for the post! It has me remembering how much i loved mine, and building fast cars in general...
Got a feeling im gonna be looking by the end of the week...
Looks like the OP is gonna cost me some $$$ !!! Lol!!!
edit on 25/6/2017 by Brian4real because: Grammer

edit on 25/6/2017 by Brian4real because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join