It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump: "I did not make, and do not have, any such recordings." of Comey Conversation

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

He simply said Comey better hope that there aren't any "tapes".

That he did.

That he even mentioned the possibility of tapes/recordings is an implication there could be, or else why even mention it.

Oh yeah, it's Trump.

Given that he had been told the IC were spying on him and passing around unmasked information an dleaking private calls to the press, it seems reasonable for him to think there would be tapes.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Liquesence

Nope. That was just the liberal media saying that he said what he said but really he was just saying what they said that he said when he said it and now they're saying that he said it but really, no.

It's so simple!

Stupid me.

I forgot what he says doesn't mean what he says but only what the liberal media thinks it means he says, even when it's straightforward and he says it himself, because he is such a master with the English language that a statement as simple as "the sun is hot" doesn't mean the sun's hot it's just liberal spin.

The man's a genius.

And this is wonderful. It is an appeal to...what fallacy is this again?

It's an appeal to absurdity.

The same one that many others use to try to rationalize what is actually said by someone spinning it out of obvious context.

In this context it's know as "humor."

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: Sublimecraft

It's not.

I know, but if you read your post on the basis of you finally acknowledging Hillarys shortcomings, it sounds awesome.

link   

originally posted by: Byrd

I believe that there are NO tapes... which then brings up the question of "is this attempted intimidation?" He's not organized enough to keep a library of tapes like Nixon did.

Trump also says he has no idea if anyone recorded such a tape. Since it took place in his office and with a known group of people, there could be only two sources for a tape... unless the Secret Service doesn't understand how to sweep for bugs.

No tapes huh. Let me ask you this - how are trumps calls with the Australian PM, China, Taiwan etc. being leaked to the NY times if his phone calls aren't being recorded. Don't give me the BS they are only tracking the foreign leaders phones, and unmasked Trump - I don't believe it for a second.

If you are really naive enough to believe the NSA is not recording every one of his calls - well I feel sorry for you.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

He simply said Comey better hope that there aren't any "tapes".

That he did.

That he even mentioned the possibility of tapes/recordings is an implication there could be, or else why even mention it.

Oh yeah, it's Trump.

Given that he had been told the IC were spying on him and passing around unmasked information an dleaking private calls to the press, it seems reasonable for him to think there would be tapes.

Given that some have suspected, if I recall, of him both taping and eavesdropping on conversations in Mar al Lago, for instance, it certain does seem reasonable.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday

Saying it twice doesn't count as proof.
If that's the case then the Intel committee made up of senators and congressmen would know it and I imagine that the attorney General would know and maybe even the FBI .
But no one seems as sure as you are.
They're all act like recordings are a big question in this instance. No one is saying hey let's go to the replay ref.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

a reply to: Jonjonj

Go away. You're off topic or drunk.
Who's even talking about Hillary?

You said this:

No he wouldn't directly challenge the president. Would you?

In response to this:

So by your theory that Comey would not be independent and honorable because he was worried about getting fired that now finally explains why he didn't recommend that Hillary be indicted. Hmm A person who has no confidence in their own abilities and is a sniveling coward reacts as you suggest. If you are ok with that cowardly behavior then you have set your personal bar pretty low.

And I had also brought the Comey/Hilary link into the conversation.

You deserve my love no more. No flowers and no fu**in kisses.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

What he thinks determines if trump gets charged with anything..
Do you think his thoughts on the evidence aren't going to mean anything.
If so why?
That's not even a sensible concept. Of course what he thinks will matter. He determines what gets submitted and what doesn't.
Oh and you should know that the majority do think that tweet was an attempt at intimidation and Mueller is likely to see it that way too.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Why would a dad say that to a kid?

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

...Mueller is likely to see it that way too.

A mind reader are you?

Maybe you should take your own advice and step away for a while, it can't be healthy to spend as much time on this site as you do.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: Byrd

I believe that there are NO tapes... which then brings up the question of "is this attempted intimidation?" He's not organized enough to keep a library of tapes like Nixon did.

Trump also says he has no idea if anyone recorded such a tape. Since it took place in his office and with a known group of people, there could be only two sources for a tape... unless the Secret Service doesn't understand how to sweep for bugs.

No tapes huh. Let me ask you this - how are trumps calls with the Australian PM, China, Taiwan etc. being leaked to the NY times if his phone calls aren't being recorded. Don't give me the BS they are only tracking the foreign leaders phones, and unmasked Trump - I don't believe it for a second.

If you are really naive enough to believe the NSA is not recording every one of his calls - well I feel sorry for you.

I personally doubt even the SCIF's are safe from the deep state and NSA in our technocratic-globalist "national security" state.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

...Mueller is likely to see it that way too.

A mind reader are you?

Hillary will 100% win the election, Trump is an idiot.

Yours Sincerely
Nov 7th, 2016

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

All manner or name-calling and making disparaging remarks about other members STOPS NOW!!!
Go After the Ball, Not the Player!
You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
OK - I just watched Jonah Goldberg on FOX and he has raised a very interesting point:

Trumps original tweet about 'tapes' actually highlights the clear presumption in Washington that it is not beyond the capabilities of the IC to bug the oval office, and in fact this is the expected intention. No-one has actually disputed this reality.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

You mean given that he believed that...
He also believes Obama was born in Kenya and Ted Cruz's dad was in cahoots with Lee Harvey Oswald in the assassination of JFK.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

that's fine, and I'm not going to argue with your statement about my personal experience.

I will say that the point I was making about Comey knowing that a recording could exist, and that he believed that Trump might have released any said recordings may have pushed him to be more then forth coming about what he knew and when.

Fear for his job is a joke, since he openly stated that he was going to resign during the Obama years, but with Trump he was afraid he would lose his job? If, and for your benefit I will say that again "IF" Comey believed that his talks with Trump were recorded, and "IF" he talked about the stuff that was talked about at the hearings, "THEN" it's safe to say that by him openly stating the information he gave to Congress works in favor of him not being an obstructionist to the investigation.

On the other hand, "IF" Comey had not openly made these statements, and "IF" the recordings "WERE" true and got released by the White House, "THEN" Comey could have been charged with obstructionism (like how Scooter Libby was charged)

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Since Tillerson can't even definitively state there's no way the Russians couldn't have a bug in the Oval Office, it's not really a great leap to conclude anybody else could potentially have one in there.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Well if you read it that way you have serious reading issues.
Hooked on phonics could help you.
In the meanwhile let's just go with I mean exactly what I write and there is no underlying message to be obtained between the lines.
You know just to keep it simple.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   
It's only dirty if we say it's dirty people, you heard it here first.

Honestly, just read the whole thread ANY UNBIASED PERSON.

posted on Jun, 22 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Well if you read it that way you have serious reading issues.
Hooked on phonics could help you.
In the meanwhile let's just go with I mean exactly what I write and there is no underlying message to be obtained between the lines.
You know just to keep it simple.

I have serious reading issues do I?

Jesus H Christ - JONAH GOLDBERG said it, not me.

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join