It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Russian yacht HIJACKED by North Korea!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I didn't see this one anywhere else here on ATS...

- tensions threaten to explode in the region

Apparently a Russian yacht has been seized and its crew detained in the Sea of Japan. Will be interesting to see how the Russians react to this.

RUSSIAN officials are checking bombshell claims a yacht with three crew on board was "hijacked or arrested" by a North Korean ship.

A VHF radio message from the Katalexa was received from the vessel in the Sea of Japan.

It reported that the yacht "was hijacked, or arrested, by a North Korean ship", said Russian maritime expert Mikhail Voytenko .

Since the Wednesday message, no further communication has been heard from the vessel.

Russian Yacht Hijacked

Will Putin just let this slide and resolve it quietly through back channels, or will they publically put a giant Russian boot in the backside of Kim and his regime?

Might be interesting to see this one unfold.

I did some brief searching on the interwebz for a picture of the Katalexa and all I found are some pictures of a 35' +/- sailboat. Certainly does not appear to be the run of the mill Russian spy ship by any stretch.

edit on 6/19/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I almost hope this is true just to watch the 'liberal media' scramble of how to frame the ordeal in line their their Neocon ambitions of seeing our military apparatus engage in Total War on the Korean Peninsula......

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:27 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Lol, more like, "you see!! Putin and Trump working to take out north korea, our friends!"

Um, what? North koreans just took a russian boat hostage....

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

When i tuned in to the NK melodrama for a minute a month back it was NBC and friends pushing the lets bomb NK narrative the hardest.

I talked about it.

You cut out the a/typical left / right bickering BS, and their Culture of Fear mandate, and about all else they have to cover is the pro-military imperialism agenda BS their Corporatocracy masters ensure "both" sides of the "spectrum" consistently sell US all on.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Russia will file a formal protest and request to see its citizens. This is the same any country would handle it. If it becomes obvious no laws were broken and they refuse to release them Russia would next appeal to the UN to send negotiators and check on the hostages.

If that fails you could see spetnotz called on for some kind of rescue. But there is no way Russia will start a war over three people.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

It is already back in Vladivostok. It was stopped on suspicion of poaching. That is all there is to it.

tass.ru...
edit on 19-6-2017 by moebius because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Putin and Kimi will throw down a few shots have giggle, screw a few chicks , snort a line or 2 and get on with the job.

Nothing to see here ...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

If it becomes obvious no laws were broken and they refuse to release them Russia would next appeal to the UN to send negotiators and check on the hostages.

Meh, something tells me Putin isn't going to wait around for the UN to decide whether he can protect the sovereignty of his nation.

You know Trump wouldn't.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
Maybe Putin will send lil kimmie some polonium tea .

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
North Korea has to be the most retarded country in the world.

EVRYONE hates them except China and Russia yet in the past few years they have managed to alienate China and now trying to piss Russia off......

Can a enitire country win a Darwin award?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

How much do we really know about nth korea ? other than the only place they have attacked is south korea, you know after it was taken from them, so that really doesn't count in the big scheme of things.

I find it strange that Nth Korea does not have a history of forwarding its projections of war, yet has been divided and attacked and invaded quite a bit. Food for thought.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius

Thanks for the update

A lot happens every day all over the world, so it was good to read that this particular incident turned out well.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
North Korea has to be the most retarded country in the world.

EVRYONE hates them except China and Russia yet in the past few years they have managed to alienate China and now trying to piss Russia off......

Stereo type ical

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Russia will file a formal protest and request to see its citizens. This is the same any country would handle it. If it becomes obvious no laws were broken and they refuse to release them Russia would next appeal to the UN to send negotiators and check on the hostages.

If that fails you could see spetnotz called on for some kind of rescue. But there is no way Russia will start a war over three people.

Logic and reason. Best post on the thread.(so far)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

will they publicly put a giant Russian boot in the backside of Kim and his regime?

I really hope so.
Someone needs to take lil Kim down a peg or 10. Maybe after a thorough spanking from Russia, will NK smarten up a bit.
But...I highly doubt it.
edit on 19-6-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Translation of TASS update posted above...

Vladivostok, 19 June. Offset. Tus Natalia Nikulin. The maritime yacht Katalexa, who was detained in the DPRK, returned to Vladivostok, and was informed on Monday, TASS, at the Maritime Rescue Coordination Centre (MRCCS), Vladivostok.

"Yes, the yacht came to Vladivostok," said the agency's interlocutor without specifying when Katalexa returned to the port.

Previously, in the province of the Sailion Sports Federation, TASSA reported that a sea yacht Katalexa, which had been detained by a DPRK ship in the Japanese sea, overtaken from Taiwan to Vladivostok, to the island of Russian. According to this organization, it has three crew members.

According to the version of North Korean diplomats, local fishermen showed "excessive vigilance" in the campaign against poachers and reported a vessel allegedly forceing the DPRK border to the border service. Later, the North Korean authorities gave assurances that the "incident has been resolved".

TASS Source

Interesting.

Kind of makes one wonder if the Norkcoms crapped their bilge when they realized the boat they had detained had Russians aboard!

"Papers please! Ohhhhhh, you're Russian!! Well, why didn't you say something sooner??? Okey-dokey then, ummmmm, never mind; please feel free to come fish in our waters anytime you wish!! No problem-o !! No problem-o at all !! Would you like us to show you where the really good fishing spots are??? Can we make you dinner, or rub your feet perhaps??? Have a really great day!! Good luck fishing!!"

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

It is already back in Vladivostok. It was stopped on suspicion of poaching. That is all there is to it.

tass.ru...

Thanks.

I thought it odd for NK to piss off one of the few countries who are more or less turning a blind eye to their antics.

By the way do people read any of the posts on threads or just read the op and then make random comments? If it is true the vessel was stopped for poaching then released every comment made after this revelation is just nonsense.
edit on 19-6-2017 by jafo1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: jafo1973

Including mine???

Casting kind of a wide net, don't you think?

ETA..."net", heh...fishing....get it?

edit on 6/19/2017 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Yeah, sorry. Thanks for the translation.

I know that sounds critical I just get tired of people always making a mountain out of a molehill.

It was a good thread I'm just glad it seems to be a mundane situation.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Wasnt Putin. Navy man himself? If so, I doubt hell be waiting for a UN resolution...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join