It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australian bomb test

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Hi all.

This is my 1st post i guess( even tho i have been a member for years) and have been hiding in the shadows for years enjoying the fine post on the site... and some not so fine..

Anyway came across this today and since i finished work early and am enjoying a few cold ones thought i would share..

I know daily mail isnt be best sauce of news but its not like this is some celebrity bash article or something.

The Woomera test range is apparently the largest land testing range in the world.. what ever that means... where else do the test weapons??.. space

Interesting how the drone seemed to have been forced to land just before the explosion went off..
The pilot reckons he could feel the heat from the explosion so i wonder how strong that would of been.

dailym.ai...

Hope this works......
edit on 19-6-2017 by rollerstick because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
An area of the Woomera test site is called Emu Creek and is where the UK used to test some of their atomic bombs.

Below are the images from the Daily Mail.

There are also stories of an ancient stone circle/henge at Emu Springs, it was discovered while prospecting for a suitable place to test the A-bombs....

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: weirdguy

There are also stories of an ancient stone circle/henge at Emu Springs, it was discovered while prospecting for a suitable place to test the A-bombs....

This is what happens when Australian's laconic sense of humor meets either pommy or yanky tourists. God, we can amuse ourselves for hours and hours. When they get interested enough, they can shout for the entire night. Who doesn't like a free beer now and again.

P

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

But it's true....It's just over there in that nuclear wasteland

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Is this where the emu war was fought and lost?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Woomera was a unique and very advanced military installation testing some of the latest do hickys back yonks ago
When Australia was either cutting edge or every one elses proving ground out the back of nowhere.
Rockets
Missiles
Satellites

homepage.powerup.com.au...

The name woomera is interesting in itself

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: rollerstick

I've not come across anything to indicate the Aus govt is developing and or testing weapons in Aus so therefore I think this device is an Americian weapon, so secret (or dangerous) it cannot be tested in the US.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollerstick

Is this where the emu war was fought and lost?

ha ha it could be mate

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollerstick
Hi all.

This is my 1st post i guess( even tho i have been a member for years) and have been hiding in the shadows for years enjoying the fine post on the site... and some not so fine..

Anyway came across this today and since i finished work early and am enjoying a few cold ones thought i would share..

I know daily mail isnt be best sauce of news but its not like this is some celebrity bash article or something.

The Woomera test range is apparently the largest land testing range in the world.. what ever that means... where else do the test weapons??.. space

Interesting how the drone seemed to have been forced to land just before the explosion went off..
The pilot reckons he could feel the heat from the explosion so i wonder how strong that would of been.

dailym.ai...

Hope this works......

I wonder if the allegation of an explosion could be corroborated with seismic data? It would be nice to know that we are not dealing with good photoshopping. Also I suspect that an explosion that far away would probably not be something that one could feel. I would guess that the top of the mushroom from that sort of explosion would subtend a much higher angle in the sky.

edit on 19-6-2017 by Barliman because: completeness

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
Thats what happens to ya when ya drink fosters .

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
An area of the Woomera test site is called Emu Creek and is where the UK used to test some of their atomic bombs.

The UK tested atomics at Maralinga, not Woomera (which was a rocket test range). They are about 1,000 km apart but they made the whole thing a restricted zone that they called the Woomera Prohibited Area which covered 127,000 square km of land (not a typo).

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

I've not come across anything to indicate the Aus govt is developing and or testing weapons in Aus so therefore I think this device is an Americian weapon, so secret (or dangerous) it cannot be tested in the US.

I have.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

I have.

Cmon now you cant just leave us all here hanging like that, what ya got ?

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
haha na i stay away from that. Just a can of jack Daniel's does the trick nicely

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost

Aussies would'nt know mate.

We don't drink it.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

I have

Not US but British , hanger 5 just beyond the main range head gates will get you close .
Heres a pic .

edit on 19-6-2017 by hutch622 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Too bad we can't see the flash...

Besides that above ground testing of nukes is illegal, (world wide monitoring stations would detect fallout), just about any explosion can produce a 'mushroom cloud'.

Gaza

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy

The UK tested atomics at Maralinga, not Woomera (which was a rocket test range). They are about 1,000 km apart but they made the whole thing a restricted zone that they called the Woomera Prohibited Area which covered 127,000 square km of land (not a typo).

The poms squeezed a couple in at the Woomera site, before Maralinga I think it was.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The poms squeezed a couple in at the Woomera site, before Maralinga I think it was.

Pretty sure that's incorrect although there were rumours of nuclear waste being buried out on the range .

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have.

Cmon now you cant just leave us all here hanging like that, what ya got ?

I can't go into specifics but...

I worked for a defence contractor, an aircraft manufacture and maintenance company, who also built prototypes for all sorts of stuff.

The Maralinga atomic tests were a joint effort (UK/Aus). After all the work the UK did with the US to get them the bomb, the US went all 'closed shop' and refused to share information (or weapons). The UK then undertook to develop its own bomb but required a test range they could keep secret. Aussie was the optimal place and so they worked together. They still do.

Australia is a huge continent with most of its population concentrated in large cities near the coasts.

Tactically, one scenario is:

5th columnists would attack major defensive installations first. This has limited effectiveness due to the wide distribution of defensive infrastructure and its fault tolerant system design.

Invading air forces and navies would attack the population centres directly, targeting transport, communications and radar. This means that deployment of national troops outside of these population centres would be unwise.

At any stage paratroops could be deployed to population centres by the invaders but this is more likely to follow closely after a barrage.

Invading ground forces are likely to 'stage' in a remote area and move over land towards population centres in numbers, converging on population centres and pushing in shortly after the barrage.

A single weapon that can maximise enemy casualties at the staging point, with limited collateral, would have to be the preferred tactical option against ground troops, with our services deployments remaining in population centres to defend infrastructure and personnel.

You have to have the right weapons to use them.

edit on 19/6/2017 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join