It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US shoots down Syrian government Jet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Queue Russian outrage in 3...2...1

This might get interesting quickly. There again it might not, depending on the mood of the day .

Linky

American forces have shot down a Syrian government fighter jet after it attacked Kurdish-led forces fighting Isis. US Central Command said the SU-22 dropped bombs on the Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), who are being supported by the US-led coalition as they advance on the terrorist stronghold of Raqqa. “In accordance with rules of engagement and in collective self-defence of Coalition partnered forces, it was immediately shot down by a US F/A-18E Super Hornet,” a statement said

edit on Sun, 18 Jun 2017 17:01:42 -0500015America/ChicagoSunday4 by rigel4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
THE US NEEDS TO FOCUS ON 1 THING, ISIS. AND THEY ARE NOT LEGALLY IN SYRIA.

OTHERWISE THEY NEED TO GO STAND IN FRONT OF A BUS BECAUSE BEFORE YOU HARM OTHERS, AND A SOVEREIGN NATION DEFEATING EVIL BEHEADING TORTURING WOMEN AND CHILDREN TERRORISTS, YOU OFF YOURSELF!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Did you even read? This was the US attacking ISIS. US led coalition forces are attacking ISIS, this plane was attacking the forces attacking ISIS. The US defended the forces who are their boots on the ground destroying ISIS.

Sooo if you want ISIS gone, what's your problem exactly?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Dupe thread?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Yup dupe, although the title of this one is better than " Trump admin shoots down... "
edit on 18-6-2017 by Sagacity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: rigel4

Syrian government should not be attacking Kurds then. They have been warned time and again and keep ignoring the warnings.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Syrian government should not be attacking Kurds then. They have been warned time and again and keep ignoring the warnings.

and so they got spanked for it as they should. I agree.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Thank you for Langley's response now go read the Syrian government statement they basically call the US a state sponsor of terror and they were bombing ISIS positions,just like the Iranians just did.
edit on 18-6-2017 by khnum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Im all for the shooting down..if it were up to me I would be shootng down Russian
jets as ell.

And i would have done it long ago.

About time someone stopped Assad and his Russian backers.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Let's get down to brass tacks.
Iran launched Shahab 3 missiles into Syria.
If the Persians wanta dance, they can learn to dance the Horah.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Can you please forward a link? The only one I've seen goes to facebook and there is no English translation. Thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Something like this was bound to happen. Could get worst, time will tell.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sagacity

For some reason it wont link but it is at Zero Hedge the story is titled US led coalition shoots down Syrian warplane

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: khnum

Thank you for Langley's response now go read the Syrian government statement they basically call the US a state sponsor of terror and they were bombing ISIS positions,just like the Iranians just did.

Except they were attacking Kurdish forces and not ISIS.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: rigel4

Im all for the shooting down..if it were up to me I would be shootng down Russian
jets as ell.

And i would have done it long ago.

About time someone stopped Assad and his Russian backers.

Agreed.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

They don't have the luxury of assuming it wasn't ISIS and that this was "friendly fire".

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: khnum

Syria considers anyone not them the same as ISIS. So not surprising.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

The USA will use the kurds to divide Syria.. kurdistan..

Thats one angle so Syria would have a reason to hit them..

The story at face value of course is he said she said.. USA could be lying about what the Syrian jet was doing or Syria is lying. Both would lie at the drop of a hat either way.. I wasnt there..

So we actually dont know if this was a move that would help or hurt ISIS..

Time will tell but as Syria becomes closer to reuniting the USA will have to do something crazy to get their way thus expising if tbey really want rid of ISIS first.. to me it looks like they want to beat Assad before ISIS is defeated..

Then why would USA have a need to have troops in Syria at that point?

Ans thats exactly what i think is going on.. just waiting to get one more jet out of the sky.. any excuse necesary.. moderate rebels are still enemies of the state..

Can you imagine if millions rebelked in the USA and russia came in and started supporting the moderate rebels?? And usa would bomb those rebels along with our version of ISIS.. it only makes sense..

And Russia would whine abd cry.. "hey stop blowing up our terrorists!" Just as the USA does now..

I guess we are fine with proxie wars nowadays.. its the new normal.
edit on 18-6-2017 by Reverbs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

edit on 18-6-2017 by flatbush71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

join