It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are my images loading sideways?!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Ugh the never ending issues with the photo uploader that I NEVER had in my previous times on ATS.

OK I uploaded some pics and they are loading sideways? They aren't sideways on my computer and they are small in size. Can you rotate an image on here or what?

This uploader is making it really hard to make any posts with pictures.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
mine are uploading as blanks. Just a white square. Finally figured out though, they aren't blanks when I go to use them.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
mine are uploading as blanks. Just a white square. Finally figured out though, they aren't blanks when I go to use them.

I've had all kinds of issues with the photo loader since I started coming back around here. I use to be able to upload photos from my iPhone and now i can't. It is so annoying lol.

I had to email the photos from my phone to my email so I could use them. I downloaded them all in "small" format but when they upload on here they are sideways. I have no idea what to do with that. It doesn't make any sense.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   
because mblah your slightly sideways

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mblahnikluver

Let me try.. TEST

Ok that worked. Try cleaning up your Cache history

I'm using a Galaxy S2 Tablet.
edit on 18-6-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote
because mblah your slightly sideways

BAHAHA Where the HECK did you come from?!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I'm sorry but what does cache history have to do with how an image loads?
I don't have anything on this laptop really, Macbook, and I don't know anything about a Samsung.
Droids are evil to me! Evil I tell ya! It's why I am a Mac person.

Cute owl!

I uploaded pics this morning no problem. Now the ones I keep trying to add are just sideways. I think I will give up shortly! It's making my blood pressure boil slightly.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

your mothership let me go OBVIOUSLY you failed to get the memo

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissCoyote

your mothership let me go OBVIOUSLY you failed to get the memo

HAHA! Next time I'll pay attention to that red flashing light instead of worrying about my pictures uploading on this human forum.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

You’re holding your camera sideways. Trying turning it 90° the other way.

You’re welcome.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

When i get to much memory usege on the tablet. It slows everything down to the point the nothing uploads and won't load onto ATS pages. So i clean up my Cache history to got out excessive clutter. Runs faster and loads nicely after that.

I'm not saying that's exactly what your situation is. But I was merely offering a possibility for help.😊

Edit: I've had similar issues with Apple devices too. Just go to settings and clean your search history and it might say Cache as well. It may or may not work.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

You’re welcome.

NO I AM NOT! They were taken months ago on my iPhone. I know how to take a picture. They are not sideways anywhere I upload them BUT HERE.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Where do I go to do that? I am using chrome (unfortunately lol) Is it in the settings? I just got this and have only recently been using it for photos. The photos came from my phone and have been uploaded to my desktop as well. I have never had them load sideways! I got the laptop mostly for ATS purposes. I could no longer add photos and make threads with my phone. I could read and comment but making threads became a pain on such a small screen. I have an iPhone 6s Plus. I also have a droid but it's for calls and texts only. I don't like that thing it is too confusing! I'll look for the cache thing.

Now when I clear it should I redownload the images?

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Try it, if there is an issue can you upload a test image here to ATS?
Below is Chrome. Go to the 3 dots in the upper right and go to history.

Clean your Cookies to if you see it🙂

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Shh but it's a secret conspiracy against Apple drones, sorry, I mean Apple consumers. Lmao I love it when Apple products fail or aren't supported, I imagine the poor souls frothing at the mouth.

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: InceyWincey

Shh but it's a secret conspiracy against Apple drones, sorry, I mean Apple consumers. Lmao I love it when Apple products fail or aren't supported, I imagine the poor souls frothing at the mouth.

I am a proud TATTOOED APPLE DRONE! Yup I have the Apple logo permanently on my person. I get a discount at Apple on software with it! I don't get a discount on computers but anything else they give me an employee discount! If you knew me you would get it. LOL I am a diehard fan, have been since i was a kid. I have only been to the Darkside (PC) for school reasons and boy that was a nightmare! I love my Apple products. I even made my mom one with her first real cell phone being an iPhone. I think I created a monster! :O

I am well aware that Apple doesn't always work on certain things. It doesn't bother me all that much. I did find away around this issue I am having, after clearing my cache and re-downloading my photos I just made a picture collage ON my iPhone and used that photo! hehe....It's not sideways!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

You figured it out! Great!😄

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

HAHA I just snorted with my laugh! Good one.

I don't know if figured it out is what I did as much as finding another less annoying option!

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I agree weird things are happening.

I just made a post that half showed up BOLD for no reason.

I use chrome and win 8, never had this happen before, odd...
edit on 6 18 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: mblahnikluver

originally posted by: SBMcG

You’re welcome.

NO I AM NOT! They were taken months ago on my iPhone. I know how to take a picture. They are not sideways anywhere I upload them BUT HERE.

Brah! It was a joke... You know, "funny" ha ha...?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join