It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Individuality as a Weapon Against the NWO

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   
individuality... today's youth can't even spell that.
young people are supposed to be anti establishment and bring fresh ideas.
instead they all look the same and avoid being different at all costs. (being different is offensive
)
why is that?
all i can say is that this is the perfect generation for the new world order.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: anticitizen

all i can say is that this is the perfect generation for the new world order.

You bring up an excellent point here- I believe we have been groomed gradually (through several generations) to get to this point. Not to mention, the technology exists now to reach millions (or more) of minds with a single thought!

But where the technology serves to facilitate the elite, it also serves to expose it.

edit on 17-6-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
Nationalism is an existential threat to the globalist agenda.

Nationalism is culture, it is group think, it is essentially anti-individualism.

Must be extra-strength cognitive dissonance to think nationalism isn't globalism's little brother.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Many thanks for your reminder that any and all "groupthink" stems from the prescription to one ideology or strong national figure.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: zosimov

Hey zosi, great thread.

You're right, they don't want us to be Individuals and be able to think for ourselves. It's already happening, and has been for quite some time. Everything you mentioned that TPTB want, just take a look outside your window, they've already taken control of anything that has any kind of influence over our society, for the sole purpose of indoctrinating. A lot of people don't want to acknowledge this fact, but I don't blame them because that's the whole point of the indoctrination. This current facade of 'strength in numbers' is nothing but a ploy to control. What's a thousand sheep to a couple Lions?

What they don't want is a bunch of lions..

Be shLeep or else..

Thanks for the thread

The present situation we are in now is becoming a bit like the book "1984" but the end product is likely to be "A Brave New World" ; 1932. Aldous Huxley had the idea that we will be geo engineered from a testube baby factory. They will do various things to the embryo's and newborns to influence their "castes" that will grow up just to do a job they were specifically engineered to do. The people in this world will take 'soma', have daily orgies after the days chores and generally be an odd lab experiment in biological systems.

Everyone will be happy slaves with lots of sex and drugs to make them happy. The drug probably doubles for birth control too and with only the knowledge or will to learn what their own caste duties are, they are like a bee hive in each city of this society.
edit on 17-6-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: zosimov
If TPTB had their way, they would eliminate all outliers, all gender distinction, and have us all looking like this:

I'm pretty sure they don't care. At no time in recent history have things like tattoos, piercings, body modifications and looking different been as accepted as today.

Also, at some point in life I realized that everyone trying to "look" different all searched out scenes where people had similar "looks".

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I will also point this out.

Likely when you and I were kids, we were described as a series of traits and things we enjoyed. Maybe, I was a shy girl who loves to read, doesn't seem to be paying attention but actually is, is athletically inclined, and seems to get along better with boys than with girls.

These days, it seems we are more into describing as a list of identity groups. So and so is an 8-year-old black Muslim from Somalia who self-identifies as a lesbian ...

If you were writing a book or story about the two above, which is going to give you a better idea of the type of individual you are writing about so that you can write out a more fleshed out personality?
edit on 17-6-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

If TPTB had their way, they would eliminate all outliers, all gender distinction, and have us all looking like this:

I'm pretty sure they don't care. At no time in recent history have things like tattoos, piercings, body modifications and looking different been as accepted as today.

Also, at some point in life I realized that everyone trying to "look" different all searched out scenes where people had similar "looks".

IMO those things are a way to rebel against the extreme conformity of thought. You aren't allowed to think different so you look extremely different.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

I think we're looking at a combination of the two unless they can completely expunge certain traits of the human psyche completely.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

I will also point this out.

Likely when you and I were kids, we were described as a series of traits and things we enjoyed. Maybe, I was a shy girl who loves to read, doesn't seem to be paying attention but actually is, is athletically inclined, and seems to get along better with boys than with girls.

These days, it seems we are more into describing as a list of identity groups. So and so is an 8-year-old black Muslim from Somalia who self-identifies as a lesbian ...

If you were writing a book or story about the two above, which is going to give you a better idea of the type of individual you are writing about so that you can write out a more fleshed out personality?

Good observation.

We went from "who" are you, to "what" are you..

Intrinsically human to extrinsically human?

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

My point was that TPTB don't really care. The "need" to be different is an ego thing.

You are allowed to think whatever you want even if you can't voice it. Saying it out-loud or expressing it in your looks is a call for attention.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
First of all, THANKS to everyone on here-- all have contributed thought provoking and interesting discussion/debate!

So many excellent points have been raised here. Lots to think about.

Perhaps here you are mistaking individuality with the need to be different? Not neccessarily one in the same, as our common humanity will naturally lead us to agree on certain topics, or to disagree on the same topics, and the outward expression of our individuality will be tremendously varied.

My own personal expression includes quirky, feminine, colorful apparel (it's the art lover in me) and no tatoos, but that won't appeal to everyone's unique preference.

edit on 17-6-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
a reply to: ketsuko

My point was that TPTB don't really care. The "need" to be different is an ego thing.

You are allowed to think whatever you want even if you can't voice it. Saying it out-loud or expressing it in your looks is a call for attention.

So basically, you want to live in a society like the handmaid's tale in a sense? So rigid with rules and conformity, but hey, you're free to think whatever you want ... just don't dare say it or act it or look it because then you are simply crying out for attention and not being who and what you are?

That's a twisted worldview.

What if I want to run track and field and go fishing and watch football and crochet because I like those things, not because I give a flying rat's @ss if you notice me doing them or not?

According to you, I am doing them instead of usualy girly things like obsessing over clothing, makeup and boys because I want everyone to notice me for being different and not because I like doing what I'm doing, so I better stop doing what I enjoy and obsess over clothing, makeup and boys in TigerBeat because that's what all girls do.

Sad.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Individualism - my favorite subject for a plethora of reasons!

1) As an artist I tried my best to do works that were original. It isn't easy to do when so many works of art have already been done but it does require that one seek out their unique perspective on the world.

2) As a Deist I believe we were all created as unique individuals and since God made us that way it must surely serve a purpose. Take evolution - without random mutations it could never happen. Stasis, sameness is guaranteed death of a species.

3) Political: If one person speaks out others may follow. If no one speaks out we get whatever they want and that is never good.

4) What a boring world this would be if we all liked the same things, spoke the same way, acted alike, looked alike. Go back to reason #2, individuality is a gift of creation or the creator and should be celebrated, never condemned.

ETA: I forgot to mention that I believe a major source of problems today especially among younger people (30 and under) is a failure to individuate. I don't blame them for it because with the advent of the digital age and instant communication it has become more difficult to explore one's own interests, talents and tastes. Fear of becoming ostracized socially for not holding the popular view is a strong motivator to stay within those dictates of society. Part of developing one's sense of self requires being isolated from outside influences - which is becoming more difficult to do with cell phones tying us to others at all times and a shrinking natural world where you can find the silence often needed to cultivate deeper thoughts and ideas.

What is critical is that failure to find a strong sense of self leaves one dependent on others for validation. A lack of parental support has left many young people desperate to find validation. I think this is why so many younger people are so strongly attached to certain political or religious affiliations to the point of fanaticism. It's why so many will express the same views on immigration, climate change, being anti-racism etc. The more extreme their support the more virtue signalling they do in hopes of finding some validation and gratification among others.

They desperately want to stand out as individuals in an increasingly crowded world, thus political and religious extremism become more and more attractive to them. These are the drives of ego finding expression through violence instead of the slow and laborious process of attracting notice by accomplishment. When you grow up in a world of instant gratification it is very hard to concentrate the time and effort needed to discover who you are and what makes us each unique. Again, I do not blame the young people for embracing anti-social attitudes and behaviors. We never gave them the time and tools to complete transition into adults.
edit on 17-6-2017 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

People seem to mistake individuality for the need to be different all the time. That was part of my point. The OP highlights this through pictures of people who look the same and someone who looks totally different. Those who are dressed similarly are still individuals. Liking pop music, reality TV and being obsessed with the latest trends can be part of who someone is. Sitting on a high horse and looking down on them is an ego trip.

You assume that TPTB want/need a world where everyone is the same. It makes no difference to them if you wear colorful feminine apparel, a suit and tie or tie-dye and jeans when buying their products or paying your taxes.

edit on 17-6-2017 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So basically, you want to live in a society like the handmaid's tale in a sense? So rigid with rules and conformity, but hey, you're free to think whatever you want ... just don't dare say it or act it or look it because then you are simply crying out for attention and not being who and what you are?

That's a twisted worldview.

Who said I wanted anything?

What if I want to run track and field and go fishing and watch football and crochet because I like those things, not because I give a flying rat's @ss if you notice me doing them or not?

What about it?

According to you, I am doing them instead of usualy girly things like obsessing over clothing, makeup and boys because I want everyone to notice me for being different and not because I like doing what I'm doing, so I better stop doing what I enjoy and obsess over clothing, makeup and boys in TigerBeat because that's what all girls do.

Sad.

I don't know why you are doing them but it can be because you want to seem different.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I can understand why you would get the impression that OP implied looking different=being an individual.

I will continue to stress the importance of uniform as mode expression, as a person tends to adopt the uniform of whichever group he/she belongs (seems to actually mean something to us humans), and we have seen the more totalitarian the regime the more likely that clothing and uniform are highly regulated- as are thought, speech, entertainment, art, literature, and religion (as mentioned in OP).

Just making observations based on existing and recent regimes and certain trends in the media.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals

What a boring world this would be if we all liked the same things, spoke the same way, acted alike, looked alike. Go back to reason #2, individuality is a gift of creation or the creator and should be celebrated, never condemned.

I completely agree! Thanks!

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

and we have seen the more totalitarian the regime the more likely that clothing and uniform are highly regulated...

Have we?

Here are pics from the USSR back in the 60's and I'm not seeing evidence of the "hive" that seems to strike fear into the hearts of some people.

posted on Jun, 17 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

We have!

www.atimes.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join