It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Having trouble with Wildlands on Xbone

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:29 PM
link   
My bother in law just bought ghost recon Wildlands for his xbone. When he tries to start it up it goes to a black screen and then after a few minutes back to the xb main menu.

We've tried uninstalling and reinstalling many times, and he has returned it to the store and gotten a replacement disc. Still the same issue persists.

Not sure if it's relevant but he's using a xbone official external hard drive.

Anyone have any ideas why this keeps happening?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

That's too bad dude. I wish i could help you out but all i can offer are a couple links that might help.

www.gottabemobile.com...

Wildlands known issues, freezing, stuttering, fps drops ...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Does it say it requires an update when you start the install? What model xbox is it?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Does it say it requires an update when you start the install? What model xbox is it?

He's up to date on all system and game updates, not sure exactly what model it is, I know it's the white one though.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

I meant usually when you install a game it says "this game requires an update, install now?" Or something like that..

If that happens, try not updating until the game is finished installing. Might kick you out of xbox live but I've had to do it before. Then try launching the game and then updating.

I feel for you man, i hate this installing #

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Does it even read the disk? I have had issues where my xbox has trouble reading wildlands. When it does that, I take the game out and put it back in but I hold it until I feel the motor pull harder then I let it go. Hope that helps.
edit on 15-6-2017 by XxitsTtimexX because: specifics

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
I've seen this problem before, the only solutionI know of is to buy a PS4.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Possible disc drive starting to fail? Maybe bad/dirty laser?
I got my xbone on day one, and I have zero issues with Wildlands, so it ahouldnt be a model issue.
I'm thinking it's either of the above I mentioned.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: rexsblues
I've seen this problem before, the only solutionI know of is to buy a PS4.

My friend bought a ps4 with a 1tb hard drive. It randomly crashes. On every game.

Plus the controller sucks.

DO NOT BUY SONY. DO NOT GIVE IN TO THE JAPAN SIDE.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Might be video cable or wildlands outputting in a format unavailable to the tv?
Was game purchased locally? perhaps region locked etc. could be a lot of things.

Perhaps something related to this - forums.ubi.com...

Or this? - fix for wildlands black screen on xbox1

edit on 16-6-2017 by GreenGunther because: Google some shiz yo

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I think Xbox sucks sorry..

Sony is better.

My honest opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
I have an xbone slim (the white one) and other ubisoft games do this as well. As pissed I was about how dissapointing the division was I went through the same thing I just kept trying and then it eventually booted. I think ubisoft has problems porting to xbone. You should try and email ubisoft and complain, I wouldn't blame your Xbox 🎮

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Try unhooking the external hard drive and install it on the XB1 Hard Drive directly.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
a reply to: RisenMessiah

So you felt the need to just say xbox sucks, and offer no help. Nice. Tell you right now Games Pass on XB1 is much better than PS Now. You get over 100 games INCLUDING XB1 games to download, and there is no streaming. Games pass has CURRENT gen games Like, Sunset Overdrive, Halo 5, Gears of War Remaster, and more. PS NOW is a bunch of old PS3 games, and you have to stream them.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Ubieningitus. A known issue in the game world, pretty contagious also. Most known cause of Infection is coming into contact with anything Ubisoft related. Known symptoms are frustration, stress and or even death. Please stay in doors till this passes and wear a hazmat suit next time you try anything Ubisoft related, like the Ones from division survival. Although you may also be left pissing against the wind waiting for said hazmat suit. a reply to: Brotherman

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

Try unhooking the external hard drive and install it on the XB1 Hard Drive directly.

That would be my first move.

Is Wildlands the only game that causes him a problem ?

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Yes wildlands is the only game that causes this problem, and unhooking the external hd is what I suggested to him right before resorting to posting this here, still waiting to hear if it worked.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
And to everyone yes I know PS4 is better, I have both and I rarely use the xbone for anything other than xb exclusive titles.

This is not a PS4 vs xbone thread, we had plenty of those when the consoles first came out.

Thanks to everyone else for your helpful insights, il let you guys know if we figure it out.

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Laughs in "PC Master Race"....

But isn´t it just the game that sucks?
I wouldn´t buy it for PC too, not even on a steam sale for 5Euro, after watching Let´s Plays and reading critics of customers on steam and all that necessary stuff before you maybe waste your money, nowadays, for such "games".

Nowadays games are hyped without end but released in alpha stadium, the customers are told it would be a finished, completely to the end developed, tested and running game...
...that needs day one patches, uncountable fixes and updates, till at least the half of the customers are able to "enjoy" those games nowadays.

Robber baron capitalism took over the gaming industry too, a decade ago.
Best thing to do with games nowadays:

Wait not less than two years(maybe then they are nearly patched and fixed, are maybe nearly full games) after official release before buying them, for sure for not more than a price at -90% on a Steam sale, otherwise you get fooled!

I never ever would buy any video game for more than 20 Euro, because i don´t pay more for crap, unfinished, laggy and rubberbanding rubbish and all that trash what you get today, paying the excessive prices games nowadays cost!

posted on Jun, 16 2017 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82
Possible disc drive starting to fail? Maybe bad/dirty laser?
I got my xbone on day one, and I have zero issues with Wildlands, so it ahouldnt be a model issue.
I'm thinking it's either of the above I mentioned.

^This is what I was trying to say. It only happens on ubisoft games for me though.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join