It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's official! Mayweather vrs McGregor

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
That's right, the super fight: MMA vs Boxing discipline set for Aug 26!

Fight announced

Mayweather is the favourite on this one according to Vegas odds makers.

But what if...just what if, McGregor KO's Mayweather?

The odds are currently at 7/1 for McGregor so $7 bucks back on every dollar waged if he wins and 11/1 for Mayweather means for every $11 dollars waged, you will get back $1 when... I mean if he wins.

I'm going to be putting down $500 on this one in favour of McGregor just to see what happens.
If I win That's $3500 and I'll take the family on a trip for the weekend.
If I lose, Well whatever. it's only $500 and will still probably take the family somewhere.

What about you ATS,
Anyone give a rats arse that this fight is finally going to happen?
Anyone else gonna put some chips on the table?
I'm a very, very, very lucky person. When I get that feeling, I just know.
I win crap constantly and I'm going to win this...and so is McGregor.

Edit: Mods, being a meat head, my sausage thumbs accidentally hit the travel forum. Please move to appropriate forum. Sorry about that!

edit on 14-6-2017 by Macenroe82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

Conner doesn't stand a snowballs chance in hell...

He'd be lucky if he even gets a couple shots in...

Mayweather is only doing this for the money and to shut this idiot up

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Yeah, I plan to watch. Mayweather IS favored to win but we'll see what happens.........

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:04 AM
link   
With opening odds like that betting will be heavy on mcgregor, if anyone plans on betting him, do it fast, the odds WILL lower. If anyoneis betting mayweather, don't get in on these opening odds, they will drop to around -300 after people take the opening mcgregor line.

Too bad floyd will just dance around for the entire fight and likely win, but, if Mcgregor lands a solid one anytime throughout the fight, it's lights out floyd.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   

I put two bets on in May at 66/1 for Conor to win by KO in the 1st and the other in the 2nd. Bit of harmless fun. Problem is the fight has to occur this year and Mayweather is a pain in the ass for dragging things out. If it's August I'll be happily amazed.

You're a brave man putting $500 on and I absolutely hope you win it. Great returns.

I would love Mcgregor to win for the storyline alone. It'd cap of Maywether's history too - success for many years and then beaten by a cocky MMA bastard at the top of their game. It's a better ending than retired undefeated imo.

No surprises Floyd is favourite though. The reason I bet on two early rounds is diminishing chances for Mcgregor with each round.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky
I would have bet 2nd and 3rd round, but still smart bets. The only way Connor wins IMO is by KO. He definitely has the power for it, and will be completely fresh the first few rounds.

Ya know, actually thinking about it, this may be tougher for Floyd than people imagine. Connor is MMA, and used to that level of endurance. He actually might not fatigue through the entire fight, something Mayweather has never dealt with, ever.

12 rounds of 3 minutes of boxing is nothing compared to 5 rounds of 5 minutes of MMA.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

the only way connor can win this fight is IF mayweather thinks its gonna be a piece of cake... i mean of course it will be but the man is getting up there in age... And he hasn't ever not trained his ass off for any fight

He only retired recently, so hes still in good condition...

Conner won't even hit him, and even IF he does mayweather can take a lot of damage

With 12oz gloves, Connor doesn't stand a chance with one of the best fighters that ever graced the ring...

even if hes retired

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Oh... and IF anyone here hasn't seen Mr Money fight

imagine this against the likes of Connor Macgregor

can anyone say... humiliation?

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Akragon
Endurance will play a huge role in this fight IMO. You mention gloves, Connor is used to bare knuckle, those gloves hitting him will be like love taps. He will definitely hit Floyd, and if he gets a good shot on him, he has the power to KO him for sure. Don't get me wrong, Floyd has the obvious upper hand being the match will be in his sport, not Connor's, but the opening line on this fight tells me even Vegas doesn't know what to think.

The endurance level will be a huge factor, it's like comparing 9 innings of baseball to 4 quarters of football.

Regardless it will be interesting to watch. For the low low price of $199 on pay per view lol. Lucky for me live in Vegas, so I'll be able to go somewhere and watch it cheap.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:53 AM
link   

lol.. Love taps?!?!?

i take it you've never been in a ring...

Mayweather is just too fast, too accurate... the man was the best Boxer in his weight class, likely in all of boxing history

I've followed the mans career from the start...

this will be a slaughter from start to finish... even IF connor hits him, mayweather can take a good beating

This fight is a joke honestly...

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99
Endurance will play a huge role in this fight IMO. You mention gloves, Connor is used to bare knuckle, those gloves hitting him will be like love taps. He will definitely hit Floyd, and if he gets a good shot on him, he has the power to KO him for sure. Don't get me wrong, Floyd has the obvious upper hand being the match will be in his sport, not Connor's, but the opening line on this fight tells me even Vegas doesn't know what to think.

The endurance level will be a huge factor, it's like comparing 9 innings of baseball to 4 quarters of football.

Regardless it will be interesting to watch. For the low low price of $199 on pay per view lol. Lucky for me live in Vegas, so I'll be able to go somewhere and watch it cheap.

Yeah I don't think that having gloves on makes a lot of difference to how hard someone can punch you, they're actually there to protect the bones in your fingers, not the bones in the opponent's face.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Good points - can't wait to find out. Makes me want to dig out my gloves again just watching the hype train.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: Vector99

Yeah I don't think that having gloves on makes a lot of difference to how hard someone can punch you, they're actually there to protect the bones in your fingers, not the bones in the opponent's face.

A kick to the face will always do a lot more damage than a punch, gloved or bare-knuckled. Only one of them is used to taking that kind of blow and fighting on.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Connor is going to get a brutal beating, I hope Mayweather toys with him and makes him look a fool. This will be good.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I'll tell you exactly how this will play out...

Conner will talk a lot of smack in the first found and mayweather will play with him...

Second round... connor... not so talkative... realizing he can't win...

will start throwing hay makers... all of which will miss by miles... in between said missed punches he will be getting his ass beat...

third round...
IF it goes that far... horrible beatings.... but connor has stamina...

I would expect knock downs in every single round... and Floyd will remain... pretty

and its all down hill from there

I would be surprised IF it lasted half of that

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Gloves do nothing to change what force is behind a punch, the just stop cuts and broken bones in the hands.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:07 AM
link   

lol.. Love taps?!?!?

When you are accustomed to kicks, knees, and bare knuckle blows to the face? Yea, I'd say love taps.

this will be a slaughter from start to finish... even IF connor hits him, mayweather can take a good beating

Connor likely won't go down a single time in the entire fight, he fights on a different level.

Though it would be funny as hell if he instinctively kicks Floyd, KO's him, and gets a DQ from it.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: thack

Gloves do nothing to change what force is behind a punch, the just stop cuts and broken bones in the hands.

Like I said, a punch to the face pales in comparison to a kick to the face. One of them is used to getting kicked in the face and carrying on like nothing happened.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

When you are accustomed to kicks, knees, and bare knuckle blows to the face? Yea, I'd say love taps.

You don't think boxers get in fights outside of the ring?

ask someone who has been in the ring IF it feels like love taps compared to bare knuckle... Don't take my word for it, even though i have been there

Connor likely won't go down a single time in the entire fight, he fights on a different level.

actually he fights IN a different sport... and hes going up against... Well the only 49-0 Fighter in this weight class... And just so you know theres only 2 other boxers that have that record

He has no idea whats coming... but it will definitely be amusing

Though it would be funny as hell if he instinctively kicks Floyd, KO's him, and gets a DQ from it.

personally i think connor is trying to bait mayweather into an MMA fight.... but hes not that stupid

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

You don't think boxers get in fights outside of the ring?

I would be shocked as hell if they didn't. I think Floyd is actually notorious for that.

Big difference between a street fight and an MMA fight though.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join