It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientists Have an Experiment to See If the Human Mind Is Bound to the Physical World

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Again, you're not making any sense.

First there's other studies and experiments in this area and the reason you have no credibility because you say things like this:

my point stands that nothing conclusive has been derived from these experiments...yet. so lets have a little patience and see where it goes before you pop open the champagne and tweak the noses of your friendly rivals.

This is just an asinine comment. There's nothing conclusive about the origins of gravity.. yet. What's the point of making this statement? It makes no sense.

Have a little patience? Again, this is a science and technology forum where people discuss experiments that have been conducted and are aout to be conducted and people are discussing these issues in the proper forum.

Show me in my post where I said anything was conclusive.

This is the point, you make comments like this that are essentially meaningless because nobody said anything about conclusive. You can't be conclusive that 3rd dimension exists or if the universe is or isn't a simulation.

Again, we're debating a recent experiment and an upcoming experiment in these areas. You're debating "conclusive" which nobody has said anything about.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: neoholographic

This would mean that an immaterial conscious mind is a fundamental aspect of reality and can cause random systems to behave in a non random way. This mind wanted to experience a local reality and caused the universe to behave in a non random way. We're that conscious universal mind entangled to our local bodies.

this implies the conclusion that you want to find through these studies. im not going to debate the definition of conclusive with you when all im saying is lets wait and see what happens next. also that other thing about skepticism keeping scientific inquiry honest, but thats just because you are so hostile toward skepticism. seriously, slow your roll and have a drink. you are too tense for open discussion.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Tense about what?

I'm just pointing out that what you're saying makes no sense.

I'm not hostile towards skepticism but I do point out when the same people make the same arguments anytime this subject is brought up. That's not skepticism but blind belief.

You said wait and see but again, we're in a discussion forum. We don't have to wait and see we can descuss these issues just like we discuss all other issues related to scientific inquiry.

So please, you made the same points that you make in every thread regarding these issues that have nothing to do with the thread.

All I ask is don't keep mucking up the thread and let people discuss and debate the issue.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: dreamingawake

originally posted by: neoholographic

originally posted by: CreationBro

Yes. S and F.

I think that the more you become aware of this, imho, the greater the responsibility you may have in directing your mind in a beneficial way.

Ive seen far too many times, strange "coincidences" wherein nothing but concsious thought and feeling seem to be the cause, or at least, correlated in some way.

Exactly!

There's a lot of things that we call "coincidence" that I think is evidence of the quantum nature of reality and the quantum mind. For instance:

I remember watching TV one day then an experience from High School with a friend I haven't seen since High School popped into my head.

I then bumped into that same friend when I went to the store.

If we have a quantum mind, then there will be times we experience the future before it even happens because a quantum mind wouldn't be bound by time as we experience it. So in this case, I saw my friend and thought about the experience in High School but that thought just happened before I actually saw my friend and we just chalk it up as a coincidence.

There's a lot of things like this and different experiences that we just chalk up to coincidence.

Coincidences, and synchronicity, is the story of my life. When it moves from paranormal into normal science
for the understanding of it.
Great thread!

I agree and I think a lot of things labeled paranormal are just things we don't fully understand yet and it's good to see Science exploring these areas more.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

PEAR program

www.princeton.edu...

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: neoholographic

Tense about what?

I'm just pointing out that what you're saying makes no sense.

I'm not hostile towards skepticism but I do point out when the same people make the same arguments anytime this subject is brought up. That's not skepticism but blind belief.

You said wait and see but again, we're in a discussion forum. We don't have to wait and see we can descuss these issues just like we discuss all other issues related to scientific inquiry.

So please, you made the same points that you make in every thread regarding these issues that have nothing to do with the thread.

All I ask is don't keep mucking up the thread and let people discuss and debate the issue.

im not mucking up anything. my opinion is as valuable as any other in this thread. its not like you are making any breakthroughs yourself. you are borrowing on someone elses work for your own purposes. so quit bellyaching and let me have my say.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Okay, you said it the same way you have said this in every thread about these issues:

When you say things like "wait and see" in a discussion forum that specifically here for us not to wait and see and discuss scientific inquiry, it makes no sense.

You have said the same thing you say in every thread and I responded now can we move on and allow people who want to discuss the issue discuss it without you mucking it up?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Just to get your opinion on this. Do you believe that our physical body has other properties that are just now being discovered, properties that can alter physical reality? Or do you think there is a possibility of a spirit or soul that just inhabits our physical bodies and that the spirit/soul is using another medium that is independent of the body to cause this phenomenon?

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: TucsonOne

PEAR program

www.princeton.edu...

Exactly and PEAR showed in experiments that when consciousness shows focus and intent it can cause a random system to behave in a non random way.

Another good video:

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Just to get your opinion on this. Do you believe that our physical body has other properties that are just now being discovered, properties that can alter physical reality? Or do you think there is a possibility of a spirit or soul that just inhabits our physical bodies and that the spirit/soul is using another medium that is independent of the body to cause this phenomenon?

Good questions.

I think there's a universal consciousness that exists and can shape what we experience as the "real world." I believe we are that universal consciousness experiencing these local realities and while in the body some are under the illusion of separation but science tells us that local realism is dead.

Quantum physics: Death by experiment for local realism

A fundamental scientific assumption called local realism conflicts with certain predictions of quantum mechanics. Those predictions have now been verified, with none of the loopholes that have compromised earlier tests.

www.nature.com...
edit on 10-6-2017 by neoholographic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

I'm not so sure about that.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Man, I wish I had the capacity to understand the concepts of prequantum mechanics and locality.

I can kind of follow what you are saying about a universal consciousness. So we are all one being? We are not separate souls or spirits but a single entity split out in multiple subsystems?

Out of all of the possibilities, that one is probably my greatest fear and nightmare.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
That is INCREDIBLE!

I was always wondering how they could ever test this theory.

That experiment is GENIUS!

The most mind blowing part is the difference between the robot observers and the human observers!

I have always been of the belief that based on our current physical model, that true free will is IMPOSSIBLE

I would argue that to the end of time

But this experiment lends credence to free will!

They basically proved consciousness or observation can alter the outcome of a quantum process. Its insane. My mind is blown right now.

They basically just proved the "object in motion will remain in motion, an object at rest will remain at rest, unless outside forces act upon them" to be INCORRECT!

Either that^ or we have to find out how consciousness manifests itself as a physical force.. its the missing link

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I see people brushing science and comments like "it's finally catching up"..

Science is not the field of consciousness, psi, mind and spiritual essence.

Its the study of Nature, and its properties; biology chemistry, physics, astro, geography and such.. these things have always existed because its Natures design, the human consciousness has observed, and studied these fields and grouped them into a bubble called "Science".

My point here, science is not catching up to consciousness and that which is outside of nature, as that is not what science's goals are or its field of studies.

Science is to understand the grand scheme of nature and all its components and functionalities (the "sciences").

In terms of the human mind, this is a medium that human scienTISTS use to observe and study the properties of Nature.

The mind and consciousness are outside of sciences field of study, outside the realm of natures properties.

Science isnt catching up, science has accelerated and expanded its understanding and advances in nature.

That's what science does.

Regarding consciousness and the mind, that is not the responsibility of science, more so religion, but to every individual conscious-human living life.

Their minds, their comsciousness is their responsibility. Their lives are their own.

What you do with your body, mind and spirit is YOUR responsibility regardless if you are athiest, Christian, hindu, muslim etc.

You are human, and your body and mind have a blueprint to be utilized in specific ways. So it goes for your potential of these two aspects of yourself too.

Meaning what you do in your life, shapes your body and mind, and your connection to your spiritual sense.

That scientists themselves are now looking into the human mind, consciousness and its relation to matter, is sure a great sign.

Yet again, pockets of humanity have been studying this within themselves forever, since times unrecorded.

S+F

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Interesting post as always. I like the things you cover friend.

I have often pondered what the mind is capable of. If the mind is an electrical wave in all its operation, which it is. Without it, we would not live nor would you be able to read what I'm writing. So the question is, as all scientists know that one atom or rather neutrons and electrons have an effect on each other locally which effects the whole pattern butterfly effect of the worlds neutrons and electrons. This is as you put it, having an effect on the world rather we perceive or the world that we process in front of our eyes. Who is to say these electrical signals/pulses are limited to only our skulls. They may leak past the confines and thus, are we all telepathically connected? I would argue there is a chance that is true. Just we have so many distractions in our lives that these deeper notions are not focused upon and merely lost. At conception we are created with a lightening bolt of electricity and then we live our lives in our electrical bubble. If waves can travel many miles like they do with all our devices, then the human mind is more powerful then we think. With this and its ability to store trillions of gigabytes of data and still have worlds of space left makes me often ponder who we are. We are genuinely all a gift to this world and we need to understand that maybe we are all special. Beyond our wildest dreams.

One thing I read once and I cannot for the life of me remember where I read it. I will try look. It mentioned that the reason astronauts wear suits and helmets in space is not just due to oxygen and keeping our bodies in working order. However that beyond our earths atmosphere our brains would not work. As if to say electrical signals our brains work by are kept working by being present under earths atmosphere, anywhere above this. We short out.

Good post anyway!
S + F
edit on 10-6-2017 by BlackProject because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I just want to throw this in here because it's relevant to the topic of mind matter interactions.

www.space.com... -hubble.html It seems like every year, scientists say the Universe is expanding fasting than they previously believed.

That article is from 2016 but I heard a theory about 5 years ago that the Universe was expanding at a constant rate but now it is accelerating because we are observing it. This is pretty crazy to think about. It's clear that quantum particles can change behavior simply from observing it. Distance and time are irrelevant so I don't think it's totally impossible that this could happen. It's just on a larger scale but maybe the universe as a whole acts as one particle. One particle is the smallest scale so idk...the rabbit hole goes deep on that one.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: xenon129
I just want to throw this in here because it's relevant to the topic of mind matter interactions.

www.space.com... -hubble.html It seems like every year, scientists say the Universe is expanding fasting than they previously believed.

That article is from 2016 but I heard a theory about 5 years ago that the Universe was expanding at a constant rate but now it is accelerating because we are observing it. This is pretty crazy to think about. It's clear that quantum particles can change behavior simply from observing it. Distance and time are irrelevant so I don't think it's totally impossible that this could happen. It's just on a larger scale but maybe the universe as a whole acts as one particle. One particle is the smallest scale so idk...the rabbit hole goes deep on that one.

That is an interesting perspective. It expands becomes we are observing it. Imagine that. This is going to leave me running around in my head with ideas now. lol.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

I can see why you are resisting these studies and are semi-dismissing them. It's because of your philosophical beliefs. If these do prove to be "conclusive" what then? Will you revise your philosophy? Many people already know for a fact personally that there is a spiritual realm unseen, and it would seem that the human consciousness is connected to it without seeing it because of the spirit. There is a power within each of us that we can't see or measure. But these experiments may do just that, for a start. It's at least worth considering.

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I've been visit by a ghost it made me high like I did meth, and it lasted 24/7. You don't even need drugs to get high even a ghost can get you high, and it's the most legal drug you can get secretly if you know how to get them.

I don't know how I got mine it just happen all randomly, but I did notice that it knock on my door for a reinvite, and I invite it back in it gave me this crazy high for a day, and I never let them back in cause I was getting too paranoid, and it was getting too potent, and too strong.

Of course I got it from reading a bible, and being around the right people so it's possibly a combination of being around people, and reading the bible manifested them. I also notice that when I cook food for people it pass along, and it make the people that eat the food also received a gift as well, and that why a lot of people that are schizophrenic sometime think there food is poisonous when they aren't realizing that food has energy in it which is the secret ingredient which is love, and people can put energy in food, and sometime it become imbalance it can really make you feel ill, or irritated, and you just need to make the right command to balance it out to become positive.
edit on 10-6-2017 by Opywang because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: TucsonOne

PEAR program

www.princeton.edu...

Wow a program that was known to manipulate there data. Turns out there random number generators were not random. And we're known for manipulating data to get the results they wanted. Since 1976 they ran until 2007 in that time just once showing proof of psychokenisis would get you 1 million dollars. So on that time they couldn't show one experiment that proved it.
edit on 6/10/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join