It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2017 UK General Election RESULTS Thread

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: Soloprotocol

So instead of the fear that England would be run by a Labour SNP coalition, Instead of the fear of England being run by Brussels it's now finds itself being run by a group of Northern Irish bigoted terrorist sympathising religeous homophobic climate change denying creationist nutbags. Have i missed anything.? Way to go England..... LMFAO

Yeah, a frightening prospect - and who'd a thought that the condition for such an alliance to occur was compounded by Scotland's swing to the Conservatives thus preventing a 'progressive' coalition....we all share a portion of the blame.

The SNP took more seat than every other paty combined. The Scots Tories too 13...Hardly a swing is it.

The Scottish Tories have been playing a very dangerous game for a while now pandering to the PUL (protestant unionist loyalist) community up here. The name change to Conservative Unionist party was no accident. The Scottish tories have run a Ulsterisation’ of Scottish politics campaign up here, basically distancing themselves from British politics and cosying up with the PUL community for selfish ends. They chose to go down a road that could in effect cause a #ing civil war.

Whatever happens now the game has changed forever. I have never in my life seen politics stoop so low, but then again we can expect anything from the nasty party.

edit on 11-6-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

originally posted by: ScepticScot
a reply to: paraphi

There was never any doubt that they would be the biggest party but the election was called to increase her majority. Instead she has lost seats and now had to run a minority administration. This was a terrible result for the Tory's.

I admire your persistence but you are arguing with people who think losing a majority with 3 years left is a success! You and I both know it is utter incompetence to lose a 20% lead and your majority in order to gain seats. Cameron did the same thing with the referendum thinking the lead in the polls meant a snap election would result in a remain vote and shut down the backbench whining. He got it wrong and resigned immediately....the honorable thing to do.

The fact that Jeremy had 5 weeks to turn around a 20% lag to the result we now have is incredible and shows what happens when the public can find out for themselves what JC is really like as opposed to the downright lies the press brainwash their readers with. It is ironic that there are so many people here on ATS brainwashed by the very press that we all know tells a pack of lies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F..ing unbelievable.

The only fact coming out of this election is how gullible Tory voters are. Amazing and so funny to hear them get so fricking agitated. I'm loving it and can't wait for the GE in the Autumn after a summer where all those whining Labour MP's start to defend Jeremy Corbyn. It's already started and they are now very apologetic even Alistair Campbell FFS!!

I heard Murdoch was pretty irate and stormed out the of the building when he saw it was'nt going his way. Just about everyone from the BBC to the printed press had it in for Corbyn yet he still gained so much in such a short space of time against all odds.

Come another election Corbyn will wipe the floor with all before him. He just needs to keep up the hard graft he put in before this election and he'll have it in the bag. No doubt we will see more question time and paxman ambushes and pictures of Jeremy next to The Baader-Meinhof Group or some other unsavoury mob this time round, but the younger voters have saw through the media bull# and another attempt to link the guy with terrorism after what May has just done will be laughed out of the park.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Come another election Corbyn will wipe the floor with all before him. He just needs to keep up the hard graft he put in before this election and he'll have it in the bag. No doubt we will see more question time and paxman ambushes and pictures of Jeremy next to The Baader-Meinhof Group or some other unsavoury mob this time round, but the younger voters have saw through the media bull# and another attempt to link the guy with terrorism after what May has just done will be laughed out of the park.

This ^^^
JC worked really hard at his rallies. He became much more confident. He is more trustworthy than May. I hope this minority government falls soon.

#JC4PM

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheShippingForecast
a reply to: angelchemuel

We thought they did last night, when Downing Street issued a statement saying a "confidence and supply" deal had been reached with the DUP. However, they're now saying that statement was issued in error and that negotiations are ongoing ...

Shambles.

Getting back to just a shambles would be a major improvement.

How May possibly thinks she can carry on is beyond me.

With the WU negotiations looming a leadership tranfer would be inconvenient.

And we would end up with Borris as PM.....

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok

We thought they did last night, when Downing Street issued a statement saying a "confidence and supply" deal had been reached with the DUP. However, they're now saying that statement was issued in error and that negotiations are ongoing ...

Shambles.

Ok maybe May isn't so bad after all.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Like saying bramble scratches are better than nettle stings.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Shambles.

May or Johnson what does it matter at this late stage. Either way good ship Brexit is going to have to negotiate the stormy seas of Brussel's with a complete and utter Scoper or a complete and utter Melt at the helm.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: EnlightenedSheep
a reply to: ScepticScot

Like saying bramble scratches are better than nettle stings.

Well you have to choice one cause corbyn is not getting anywhere near Number 10 for another 5 years

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I'm hopeful the minority government will fail soon. I'm hopeful JC will ruin her at first question time. I'm hopeful.

#JC4PM

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

I'm hopeful the minority government will fail soon. I'm hopeful JC will ruin her at first question time. I'm hopeful.

#JC4PM

A JC corbyn government would not only be a failure but be undemocratic as well.

Labour hold even less seats than the torys and even with a collalition with the SNP and libdems would not beat the Conservatives.

A labour goverment would have even less of a mandate......to be lead by a government with less MP than the opposition and who got less votes? Disgusting and untenable.

If May coalition fails then it would have to ve another GE.......another terrible prospect......

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

A labour goverment would have even less of a mandate......to be lead by a government with less MP than the opposition and who got less votes? Disgusting and untenable.

Labour Lib Dem SNP coalition got more votes than Conservatives/DUP.
43.3% to 50.9% The first past post system is disgusting.

#JC4PM

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Labour Lib Dem SNP coalition got more votes than Conservatives/DUP.
43.3% to 50.9% The first past post system is disgusting.

#JC4PM

Lib dems have stated they will not form a coalition with anyone.

So its just labour/ SNP.

And whether you agree with it or not, first past the post is the system we have.

Suck it up snowflake, Corbyn wont be getting into number ten until the next general election.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Of course sucking it up is the only choice now. This minority government will fail before 5 years. JC will then win a landslide. You shall be the snowflake sucking it up then. It will be fun to remind you.

#JC4PM

ETA
Conservative/DUP 43.3% of votes
Labour/SNP/Plaid Cymru 43.5% of votes.
Plaid are keen to kick the tories and anti gay marriage party out.
This minority government won't last 5 years lol.
edit on 11-6-2017 by EnlightenedSheep because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: EnlightenedSheep

Might be disgusting, especially considering first past the post is supposed to give us certainty and governments with clear majorities.

But we had our referendum on this in 2011 with the PR referendum ... the public said no. Can't see it being re-visited there's far too much else going on.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

I voted yes for that. PR works in the devolved governments. It would work for the UK. Pity the public said no. I agree.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

a reply to: EnlightenedSheep
Might be disgusting, especially considering first past the post is supposed to give us certainty and governments with clear majorities.
But we had our referendum on this in 2011 with the PR referendum ... the public said no. Can't see it being re-visited there's far too much else going on.

Actually we had a referendum on having an "alternative vote" system, not a PR system. Then we got the spin from the government suggesting the vote means that people want First Past The Post. Also the turnout was only 42.2%.

Maybe we should have a referendum with three choices: FPTP, AV, or PR.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: 83Liberty

PR/AV swizzle drizzle.
You won't be getting either anytime soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TheShippingForecast

First past the post is representative of all the differing constituencies, it is a fair system as I see it, I voted for a candidate to shout our voice in parliament, didn't get who I wanted but the majority of people in my constituency did. I have to take it for what it is, most people in my area think different to me so the majority got what they want. I can only keep my fingers crossed that the sly deal between Conservatives and the Democratic Unionists fails at some point and we get yet another election. I don't want people governing me who are against abortion and gay marriage, and I don't think the majority of people in the UK agree with the Democratic Unionists policies. House of cards, now where is that gust of wind?

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: yorkshirelad

I'm loving it and can't wait for the GE in the Autumn after a summer where all those whining Labour MP's start to defend Jeremy Corbyn. It's already started and they are now very apologetic even Alistair Campbell FFS!!

And Teresa May gets criticised for a U turn?

I see a lot of U turns ^^^there^^^ !!

Talk about hypocrisy

posted on Jun, 11 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: LittleSilverFox

Thanks for explaining that.
And apols to 83Liberty, "when I was a lad" (not yesterday) all these different electoral systems came under a general "proportional representation" type category and it was that I meant in my earlier post, my bad. I need to try harder to keep up !

new topics

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join