It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC reports that "Aleppo boy" was anti-Syrian propaganda.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Omran Daqneesh, Aleppo's bloodied boy, shown in new images.

New pictures have emerged of Omran Daqneesh, the young Syrian boy who became a symbol of civilian suffering in the city of Aleppo last year.

...Omran's father complained that he had been used as "propaganda".

He added that Omran had suffered only minor injuries...

As he searched for his three other children among the rubble, gunmen took Omran to an ambulance in the street outside and started filming him, Mr Daqneesh said. They then took him to hospital despite there being no need, he added.

When troops pushed into eastern Aleppo at the end of last year, Mr Daqneesh and his family reportedly chose to cross into government-controlled territory along with thousands of other civilians, rather than be evacuated to rebel-held Idlib province.

Whats the saying, the first casualty of war is the truth.

Although this was never a real war nor a legitimate uprising by the Syrian people.

According to Webster Tarpley, the "civil war" was started by CIA/Mossad/Mi6 type snipers randomly killing people on the streets...

From 2011:

edit on 7-6-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Pot calling the kettle black...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
That looks like real blood they used as a prop. I wonder where they got the blood from, probably from a pool of blood from a dead person or someone in the hospital or something. That is worse than propaganda, they are using deceitful practices over there that are very unhealthy. Those people they made the bio weapon video of were probably killed to make the video. I still can't believe that many of our nations leaders fell for that pile of crap video.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Are you making light of a child who survived an explosion? Funny thing pressure injuries they are hard to detect before they critical. I would have sent him to the hospital as well. Just because his arm isn't off doesn't mean he could have an ijury you or he could communicate.

This article is disgusting.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aeshma

I think it's disgusting when people use children as political bait.

To each his own though.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i wonder if the media that pimped this story will do some actual journalism to cover this. I won't hold my breath though. They have anonymous sources that a guy that Trump fired for being dishonest had some talks with people from another country and for some reason that is grounds for impeachment. Trump Derangement Syndrome is a real bitch.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It will all come out as it did with Saddam and Ghaddafi, that in reality Assad did and has done nothing wrong. Once again it wasn't his own people that rebelled against him, it was outside influences and foreign aided rebels. The truth usually comes out eventually. The White Helmets were the ones responsible for this "photo op" and we all know who funds them. Wherever there's a camera team there's the White Helmets meanwhile the actual emergency services in Syria barely get a mention.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   

On Sunday, he was photographed at his new home in the city, which is now under full government control. In interviews with pro-government journalists, Omran's father complained that he had been used as "propaganda".

Would he dare to say anything different to a pro government journalist ?
Propaganda works both ways.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Does anybody have a link to the thread on here from a year or so ago when this came out? There was a big debate about whether the clip was in context and lots of members agreed the situation was a set up...

Link to thread anyone?

(I will have a look).

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

I've been trying to find it too as I distinctly recall that it was also said the little boy died due to his injuries which I found odd as he didn't seem that injured visibly anyway. Now apparently he was barely hurt. Hmmm

Oh and I recall Asaad saying at the time that the pictures were fake
edit on 8-6-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Fake news

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

CNN’s Amanpour challenged to go talk to ‘Aleppo boy’

CNN anchor Christiane Amanpour, who challenged the Russian foreign minister with a photo of ‘Aleppo boy’, should go and ask the child and his family for the real story behind the iconic picture, the spokesperson for the Russian Foreign Ministry said.
Omran Daqneesh was filmed by the controversial White Helmets group last year. The image of him covered in blood and dust sitting in an orange ambulance chair in the aftermath of an airstrike quickly went viral.

The Western mainstream media touted the boy as the face of civilian suffering in Aleppo, which at the time was divided between pro-government and rebel forces and suffered under intensive fighting.

Amanpour used the picture of Daqneesh in her October interview with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov to question Russia’s support of Damascus in the Syrian conflict.

“What do you say to the civilians, who are simply asking for the right to not be bombed?” she asked after showing the photo. “That is a war crime, sir.”

Daqneesh resurfaced in world media this month after his family agreed to talk to some journalists, including RT’s Ruptly news agency. His father Mohammad Kheir Daqneesh accused the White Helmets of using his family to produce propaganda.

On Thursday, Russian Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Maria Zakharova challenged Amanpour to properly follow up on the story she once put forth.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Anyone any further forward on finding the original thread? I cannot find it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:50 AM
link   
So there was no attack and the boy was dressed up to look like he fid in the picture, it was all fake?

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:53 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Read the article.

The bombing actually happened.

The boy actually got injured.

The photo was used to further an agenda, that's all.

edit on 13/6/17 by Chadwickus because: Deep State!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:56 AM
link   
So in other words they ate fighting over who gets to use the boy for propaganda rather than facing the issue that this war is killing and maiming 1000s of children.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Whats the saying, the first casualty of war is the truth.

The truth remains the kid was injured in an airstrike , propaganda comes after.

A doctor at the hospital where Omran was taken told the BBC at the time that he had a head wound that required stitches and was suffering from shock.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

propaganda comes after.

Sure does. From the article:

He added that Omran had suffered only minor injuries and that the blood on his son's face had dripped on to him from one of his own wounds.

That is bs.

Why is this guy defending Assad?? It was Syrian/Russian forces who dropped the bomb on him and his family!

This stinks to high hell and most here won't/can't acknowledge it..

edit on 13/6/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Chadwickus

Why is this guy defending Assad??

I think this explains his story and answers your question.

When troops pushed into eastern Aleppo at the end of last year, Mr Daqneesh and his family reportedly chose to cross into government-controlled territory along with thousands of other civilians, rather than be evacuated to rebel-held Idlib province.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   

He added that Omran had suffered only minor injuries and that the blood on his son's face had dripped on to him from one of his own wounds.

That's why they bandaged him up I suppose..

www.abc.net.au...

Quite clearly Omran's father has been coerced or paid to say these things...being used for propaganda...oh the irony.

edit on 13/6/17 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join