It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've been thinking about the fact that I am going to die sooner than later.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: droid56
I am about to become 68 years old.

Death is way closer than I remember.

But I am starting to look at death in a much less fearful way. It is a significant step, but it is not the only step.

Wait until you are 79 and the odds really start stacking up.
Have a legal will for your state and then get into the nitty-gritty of how your stuff outside of the confines of the will should be distributed. All in all, it makes you a better person. It is not unusual for to people to start a search for some sort of "continuation" at such a time. As apydomis said, the simple solution is "peace"...or did he say "peach?"

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I'll save ya from death
if ya let me

600 years and counting...

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I have a persistent constant fear of death, something I really should take in hand. When you start seeing friends you went to school with dying and all your family bar one is gone, its worrying. It genuinely keeps me up at night. I have soooo much I still want to do

Well, if you got soooo much you still want to do, then you should start doing it.

Your fear of dying is interfering with your sleep, so quit fearing death. I noticed if I eat food that gives me a doom and gloom feeling, I start to get sick after eating it for a couple meals. I cannot eat much veggies and certain prepared foods. I have actually identified the chemistry and eliminated most of it from my diet and now I feel no doom and gloom.

Seems like lots of things they say are good for us actually are not. Chicory is one thing I have to avoid, also cloves in food. I have to watch not to eat too much cruciferous veggies and moderate celery and carrots in my diet. High fiber in the diet is not good for me, I can eat some types but not others.

That is me, Identify what is stimulating your doom and gloom feeling, it may be medicines, it may be supplements. If I take a multivitamin for three days in a row, I start to get a doom and gloom feeling too, and I start to bloat up. I take one a week. It is the sulfur vitamins in the vitamin pill I think that cause the problem. Sulfur seems to be something I need to moderate, If I eat lettuce too often I get light headed too, I am intolerant to too much nitrogen.

Far northern European's can have this problem, I am Finnish, We did not have green veggies all year round so our Epigenetics adapted. My blood gets too thin with the sulfur foods.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport
I have a persistent constant fear of death, something I really should take in hand. When you start seeing friends you went to school with dying and all your family bar one is gone, its worrying. It genuinely keeps me up at night. I have soooo much I still want to do

I'd suggest get your bucket list together and start checking them off starting from the ones that take the shortest time to achieve. Easier said I know

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I think I am going to die in the next 20 years, but I also think I will continue to exist after I die in a non-physical sense. And that part of me that continues to exist is the real me. I have no doubt that the essential me is not physical.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
A lot of talk of 'bucket lists', so many things to do, so little time.

Look, you're not going to be arsed when you're dead.

Whatever happens.

"Please God, let me have an extra 5 years so I can go wing walking and sky diving..."

Gimme a break.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: droid56

I am 62 and I guess that I have about 20-30 years left.I don't worry
about it and just go on living my life as I always have...one day at
a time!

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

I agree and people should do the things they dream of now if they are able.
I should have, could have, would have. To die with regrets for things someone wished they had done or longing would be even more tragic.
I'm not sure if it's depression or apathy that seems to be plaguing a lot of people that I meet. Maybe it's a fear of the unknown. It sure seems as if some people are wanting to be old and incapacitated in some way and have lost their sense of adventure. I've met some people recently in their early 50s who I could have sworn were in their 60s who just look and seem so tired of life. I understand if someone is physically sickly or unable but, this wasn't their case.
It's a big world with lots to do and experience and that could keep a person busy and their mind off of dying maybe.

posted on Jun, 8 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: beachbound

It's a big world with lots to do and experience

I'm a big believer in letting people do whatever they want.

There's this idea that OAPs should pack in as many activities as they can while they can...usually involving risky physical pursuits like mountaineering, sky diving and such.

Why?

I'm never going to lie on my death bed ruing the fact that I never climbed a mountain.

When I'm dead I wont care what I did and didn't 'do'.

I take it easy now and I plan on taking it easy when I'm old (which isn't too far away).

No one should feel they have to 'do' anything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join